2017 Roadmap

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: 2017 Roadmap

Postby Kreek » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:17 pm

Taipion wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:
pietrko wrote:If you want more things implemented simply pay more for the game.

No, not unless the amount of money coming in from Salem skyrocketed beyond what we make in our normal jobs for long enough to justify quitting. More money will certainly help with new features once we have the time to develop Salem again, but right now it is time that is the issue, not the money.

time == money :P

But money doesn't always equal time.
From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.
Kreek

Postby pietrko » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:37 pm

Did you guys thought about allowing voluntary contributions?
Was there anyone from community that asked about it?
Not suggesting that - just curious.
pietrko
Customer

Postby kabuto202 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:35 am

Yeah, I was effectively told to ***** off.
kabuto202

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:19 am

I'm not sure what you mean by voluntary contributions. We've sometimes invited players to the test server to help test mechanics before launch. We've accepted a few art or music contributions from players. Dallane contributes a good deal of time to moderating the forums. But if you're talking about money, we just have the store for that.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Lazun123 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:21 am

on that note, the music to this game, was it made just for this game or was it added by somebody who gave rights? Ive heard the mine music on a few different videos not related to salem.
WWJCD
Lazun123

Postby Zapt13 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:08 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by voluntary contributions. We've sometimes invited players to the test server to help test mechanics before launch. We've accepted a few art or music contributions from players. Dallane contributes a good deal of time to moderating the forums. But if you're talking about money, we just have the store for that.

I suspect "voluntary contributions" would be donated money without any other effect. For example, not being marked as a "CUSTOMER" on the forums, not gaining anything in-game, etc. Just paying to play the game as a nod to the developers. For example, I don't want to Pay to Win (P2W), but if I can sell enough cotton to earn enough silver to buy a store-quality garden shovel from a player stall, I'm happy to enjoy the fruits of my labor in-game. But I'd feel like I missed out on some of the game if I skipped the grind to earn that tool the hard way. I also don't want the target on my head as a customer (I know I can use alternate accounts to do the purchasing, but I despise this practice. Be proud of your actions, don't hide from the truth!). I'm not sure if I'd take advantage of the "voluntary contribution" described here, but my guess is that's the intent of the suggestion. Perhaps pietrko can confirm?
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby Dallane » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:22 pm

pietrko wrote:Did you guys thought about allowing voluntary contributions?
Was there anyone from community that asked about it?
Not suggesting that - just curious.

Not sure exactly what you mean.

Do you mean that you want to throw money at salem without using the store?

Or

Do you mean that you want to help with code/art/music? If this is what you are talking about then there have been quite a few players who have contributed with in game models from what I remember. I doubt that they will let just anyone mess with the code but I think that they would be more open to art and music. You would have to present it to JC.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:32 pm

Lazun123 wrote:on that note, the music to this game, was it made just for this game or was it added by somebody who gave rights? Ive heard the mine music on a few different videos not related to salem.

Some music is original. Some music and effects were purchased from music/sound effect banks.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Champie » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:29 am

Lazun123 wrote:on that note, the music to this game, was it made just for this game or was it added by somebody who gave rights? Ive heard the mine music on a few different videos not related to salem.

http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16348&hilit=music

of particular interest for you might be these posts:
Nikixos wrote:All music but those played by the npcs was taken from here
http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/music.html

Npc music (better)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b66s2bn ... 8qifu5L-4X

RainbowMoostache wrote:I actually remember knowing the title of that music that plays in the mine, but I forgot it now. I'll see if I can find its source. :)

EDIT: The song is called The Complex made by Kevin MacLeod. That guy's a kickass at composing.
Champie

Postby ArgentRhapsody » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:54 pm

halfway through the year and not a single update of any kind to further the road map that's basically from 2016 whatsoever. smh
Last edited by ArgentRhapsody on Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArgentRhapsody

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements