2017 Roadmap

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: 2017 Roadmap

Postby Dallane » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:33 pm

I've been really excited for the Tarot Card System for ages. I love playing games within a game. Witcher and FF8 I could play for hours with their subgames.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby lachlaan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:35 pm

I loved the one in Might and Magic 7 .. hrm what was it called. Arcomage! Put a few good hours getting money that way xD
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:39 pm

lachlaan wrote:This practice you mention, will it be a sort of stat, or just a case of keeping up to date with how the puzzles look if they change in time? Because if it's a stat you gain for doing it repeatedly, what keeps raiders from practicing in their own base, not under brazier fire and not in any real danger? I guess even if it's just learning the puzzles, the possibility to do it at home slightly defeats the purpose, perhaps. Perhaps if you need to stay up to date and locks themselves cost quite a bit to spam to practice, but at that point it becomes as always a case of investment versus potential reward, like with bell-ing a pclaim.

I expect many people will practice in their bases, dropping summonable scents all the while. So, it's a risk, and you can only learn so much from each lock, so there's also a cost. But you won't be able to memorize it, you'll really be relying on that practice level to give you good or bad info.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Reviresco » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:03 am

I believe I've already thought of a way to exploit lockpicking, and my crime IQ is around 45.
Reviresco

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:08 am

Reviresco wrote:I believe I've already thought of a way to exploit lockpicking, and my crime IQ is around 45.

Well feel free to pm me about it.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby matan002 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:14 am

*lockpicks gate with spring*

*gate closes*
Lachlaan wrote:The motherbats await a spanking, for the sake of fields.
matan002

Postby Adelewhy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:35 am

matan002 wrote:*lockpicks gate with spring*

*gate closes*

:lol: That would be hilarious and if it's not their actual intention for that to happen... that should at least be part of the "risk" of picking a lock.. that if it has a spring on it it has a X% chance of closing on it's own after it's been picked.
Adelewhy

Postby Taipion » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:16 pm

Too bad lockpicking simply can't work in Salem.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Judaism » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:22 pm

Taipion wrote:Too bad lockpicking simply can't work in Salem.

Sure it can, we were playing Tree of Life for several months and they had it covered properly, just like they had Raiding covered much better.
Containers simply would only drop a specific amount of items based upon the locks people locked them and the items would be random, your lockpicking skills were relevant in locking. It however was significantly easier than destroying everything instead.

Its just whether you want to revamp the current mechanics enough to adapt to new systems, thats the larger concern. It would locking your containers alot more valuable, nowadays hardly anyone does that.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:42 pm

tree of lifes system sounds pretty stupid as with most other things there, i am sure it can be implemented better here.
Darwoth

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements