2017 Roadmap

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: 2017 Roadmap

Postby Taipion » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:59 pm

Judaism wrote:
Taipion wrote:Too bad lockpicking simply can't work in Salem.

Sure it can, we were playing Tree of Life for several months and they had it covered properly, just like they had Raiding covered much better.
Containers simply would only drop a specific amount of items based upon the locks people locked them and the items would be random, your lockpicking skills were relevant in locking. It however was significantly easier than destroying everything instead.

Its just whether you want to revamp the current mechanics enough to adapt to new systems, thats the larger concern. It would locking your containers alot more valuable, nowadays hardly anyone does that.

To get to any container, you need to get through the gates first.

Make gate lockpick-able in Salem => people put makeshift walls in front of their outer gates => you cant even touch a gate without leaving a waste scent + in addition using TbF if it's on a town claim.
Make a TbF to get through => time enough for someone to further seal the gates.

Lockpicking in Salem won't be beneficial to anyone, except for the devs tear collection, the rest gets more work and less fun at once.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Judaism » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:50 pm

Taipion wrote:

Make gate lockpick-able in Salem => people put makeshift walls in front of their outer gates => you cant even touch a gate without leaving a waste scent + in addition using TbF if it's on a town claim.

Lockpicking in Salem won't be beneficial to anyone, except for the devs tear collection, the rest gets more work and less fun at once.

I don't know why you instantly state something and consider it a massive issue, with some creativity all of those issues can be resolved easily.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Nsuidara » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:08 pm

in roadmap exsist "revamp raid" ? ... so... we dont know what will be...
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Taipion » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:38 pm

Judaism wrote:
Taipion wrote:

I don't know why you instantly state something and consider it a massive issue, with some creativity all of those issues can be resolved easily.

For defense, bypassing a gate faster than bashing it, is an issue, I see how you want to split stealing and destroying stuff, but that does not work.
If you can get inside, you can just as well take out the def.

There are a ton of things people could do to counter any and all implementations of lockpicking in Salem, and guess what, people will do just that, because the idea of someone sneaking into their base and taking their stuff, or worse, is something they want to avoid.

Depending on how easy lockicking would be, and how much it would actually open up, it would be even thinkable to make bases for your highly specialized crafter chars / mains that do not have gates at all, and port stuff outside via Providence to provide safety for your most valuable assets.

Also, balancing is nigh impossible, if it would be in the middle range of difficulty to get through 2-3 layers of gates, it would be nigh impossible to get through 30 gates, and that's another option, to just make the way in through 30 gates.

You can look at it how you want, in Salem, lockpicking would only result in two things at once:
- people using Salems game mechanics to nullify lockpicking
- everyone, raiders and home owners, having both more work and less fun
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Dallane » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:06 am

Duuuurrrrrrrrrrrrr i make assumptions without knowing the mechanics they are going to put into place
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:37 am

Dallane wrote:Duuuurrrrrrrrrrrrr i make assumptions without knowing the mechanics they are going to put into place

Yeah, but it happens every time we announce something new, nothing to get worked up about. I have yet to see anything here I hadn't already thought about.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby saltmummy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:32 am

If it really is a minigame type thing, I look forward to seeing how it turns out.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby Flame » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:51 am

So far, i like how this game is being developed. That's a nice list. Good luck!
Flame

Postby daopa » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:34 am

Alot of interesting content updates to look forward to, thanks for the update!
daopa
Customer

Postby JohnSnow » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:56 pm

Is there any chance that we will get t2 witches back for everyone? Or it is another "for Darwoth only" stuff?
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements