1.3.2 DarkenBoom

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: 1.3.2 DarkenBoom

Postby riolic » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:25 am

Regardless of outcome this is my feelings on the matter:

https://youtu.be/jWzqcele1tY?t=22
riolic
Customer

Postby Icon » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:50 am

Icon

Postby ALTaZAR1 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:53 am

JohnCarver wrote:Greetings Salemites,
This week's patch is early and premature primarily because some naughty players decided to farm the holy #(@$* out of Darkenbear Eyes after realizing I made a goof akin to the one I did when the Wishpoosh was dropping 20+ lard a kill (not 20 eyeballs but dramatically increased drop rates none the less). Unlike Lard, however, the Darkenbear Eye was a bit more fundamental to things and as such I had to employ Hagatha. She has since cast a spell to cause all Darkenbear Eyeballs in the game to fly to her cave, destroyed all Homonculus' on the server, as well as temporarily purged the memories of all witches on the server so that no new Homonculus can be created for a period of time. Prior to this patch the Pentagram was removed to prohibit any mass influx of new witches to the circle who were less deserving. Also because the Darkenbear Eye was a recipe requirement in the Nightmare spell the regeant for that has been replaced. It is also no longer possible to use Darkenbear eyes to gain sight of your cursed victims until I put in a new placeholder for this curse. This should have dramatically mitigated the damage of this event.

I realize that this totally sucks for anybody who had themselves a legit Darkenbear Eyeball, and for that I am sorry. However, I consider this to be the same severity as a 'dupe' and my options were clearly this, or a rollback to the last patch. The progress of the last week for the server as a whole seemed to weigh more valuable than the less than the very few legitimate Darkenbear Eyes floating out there.

The following is the list of stuff I was working on at the moment this all broke loose which also gets scooped up into this patch:

New Flags
*New Craftable Flag: Deerskull'
*New Craftable Flag: Grand Duchy of Lithuania
*New Craftable Flag: Ming Dynasty
*New Craftable Flag: Portugal
*New Craftable Flag: Sweden

New Foods
*New Candy: Candied Kale Chips. Can be found everywhere candy is normally found. Restores Cabbage Food Group.
*New Craftable Food: Saurkraut

Minor Tweaks
*Additional Toy added for Santa Marp.
*New Help Menu Icon Art for Hypothermia, Town, Terraforming, Farming, and Combat to better suit the grahpic style of the other help Paginae icons.
*Players who have received and Eye for an Eye now graphically display their hook hand.
*The Hook hand still disables the use of any tools, weapons, and use of the right hand but no longer gives a speed reduction.

back me all silver!
I tell yesterday Marp for that i think its not fair(About eye)

and now i need pay me friends 250k i give money for time but what i have i have noting!
Last edited by ALTaZAR1 on Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ALTaZAR1

Postby Dallane » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:25 am

ALTaZAR1 wrote:back me all silver!

Don't abuse the system if you can't take the punishments.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Goodman12 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:27 am

ALTaZAR1 wrote:back me all silver!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby svablas » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:12 am

JohnCarver wrote: *New Craftable Flag: Grand Duchy of Lithuania

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss!
Grind till the end of time or die trying
svablas

Postby MarpTarpton » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:43 pm

Ah, my feisty pretties. The individual who bought the eyes did indeed contact me when I logged in to verify the fuss (reported to me by three individual players. Judaism's altruism in keeping Salem fair was not alone.) I did not respond to him, but he did reiterate that eyes were dropping quite a bit from bears and wanted to know if it was a bug. Now, I know you cheaters have no idea how difficult it is to drop a darkenbear without the use of nefarious means, of which I had none for my testing, so I was preoccupied with killing the beast. Side note, said nefarious means are at the top of my list of things to change, so enjoy it while it lasts, ye aboosers. Anyways, I killed the beast, looted 4 eyes myself, and swiftly removed the pentagrams to halt the flow of witchery as the single gateway into the world of advanced witchcraft had been breached, potentially unleashing a legion of, as JC said, unworthy casters into our midst.

The player who purchased the eyes had full a bug was happening, and despite that, gambled their silver. Items in Salem are subject to change at the whim of the development team and we are not responsible the player market, most especially when a player who knows a bug is involved does their very best to scoop up so many at such an outrageous price. My personal recommendation, since again this is Salem, is to keep this turmoil ingame and for once in what has been far too long exact revenge the old fashioned way.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby ALTaZAR1 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:48 pm

MarpTarpton wrote:Ah, my feisty pretties. The individual who bought the eyes did indeed contact me when I logged in to verify the fuss (reported to me by three individual players. Judaism's altruism in keeping Salem fair was not alone.) I did not respond to him, but he did reiterate that eyes were dropping quite a bit from bears and wanted to know if it was a bug. Now, I know you cheaters have no idea how difficult it is to drop a darkenbear without the use of nefarious means, of which I had none for my testing, so I was preoccupied with killing the beast. Side note, said nefarious means are at the top of my list of things to change, so enjoy it while it lasts, ye aboosers. Anyways, I killed the beast, looted 4 eyes myself, and swiftly removed the pentagrams to halt the flow of witchery as the single gateway into the world of advanced witchcraft had been breached, potentially unleashing a legion of, as JC said, unworthy casters into our midst.

The player who purchased the eyes had full a bug was happening, and despite that, gambled their silver. Items in Salem are subject to change at the whim of the development team and we are not responsible the player market, most especially when a player who knows a bug is involved does their very best to scoop up so many at such an outrageous price. My personal recommendation, since again this is Salem, is to keep this turmoil ingame and for once in what has been far too long exact revenge the old fashioned way.

i leave in salem. its full ****.

Why riolic not banned he used and not tell about that !!!
and i tell Marp about that first buy 5 eye and ask Marp meybe its someone abuse used for spam item.
i leave and alot me friends development you lost communeti!
Left Here KKK,Dar and you JC and Marp look like "G" team!
ALTaZAR1

Postby Reviresco » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:56 pm

Is there a chance eyes will be purged again?
Reviresco

Postby lachlaan » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:05 pm

The people that exploited, in good faith or not, should've known that JC is on a tight schedule with the patches and expeditions and what not. So while the damage itself might not seem like much, we need to consider the usual context of : this ***** is taking time away from JC's dev efforts, and this is the worst possible time to distract him :P Not like you guys didn't consider that he'd get ***** at from every single direction to fix this imbalance in the force, and if you knew as much and still decided to waste his time that's pretty **** towards the rest of the community as well. No clue what should be done about it but someone needs to make a scumbag meme about it for sure.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements