1.3.2 DarkenBoom

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: 1.3.2 DarkenBoom

Postby JohnSnow » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:54 am

Goodman12 wrote:
MarpTarpton wrote:1) Player sees several of the rarest mob drop in the game going for half their value at a minimum on an enemy player's stall.

Of course sheer common sense and game knowledge would be enough to tell you that such an item is worth wayyy above 50k silver but obviously that is something you lack.

Half an hour ago in Small Ideas Thread you say that in this game there is no pre-set price. And now you say opposite that eyes can't cost 50k.

Goodman12 wrote:A statement made upon a bunch of assumptions and wrong information by an idiot imo. I will not waste my time explaining yet again why Grand Boos is not a victim of anything and all the other ***** you wrote above.

Of course, I'm sure eyes appeared in Riolic's stall by magic. :lol:
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby Iracus » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:57 am

The fact of the matter is that a precedent has been set for future bug abuse. By the events that have happened, should someone discover an item related bug, it would be wise to abuse it as much as can be and then sell said items as quickly as possible. The fact that those who abused the bug are allowed to go on without punishment and the only people who are punished are those who bought the illegitimately obtained items is quite ridiculous. Regardless of whether GB knew the items were obtained from a bug or not, it does not negate the fact that players who did abuse a bug are running around without a care in the world.

What is to be gained in a game where those who try and play legitimately are at a severe disadvantage while those who cheat and abuse mechanics have no risk in doing so?
Iracus

Postby Kreek » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:03 am

Iracus wrote:The fact of the matter is that a precedent has been set for future bug abuse. By the events that have happened, should someone discover an item related bug, it would be wise to abuse it as much as can be and then sell said items as quickly as possible. The fact that those who abused the bug are allowed to go on without punishment and the only people who are punished are those who bought the illegitimately obtained items is quite ridiculous. Regardless of whether GB knew the items were obtained from a bug or not, it does not negate the fact that players who did abuse a bug are running around without a care in the world.

What is to be gained in a game where those who try and play legitimately are at a severe disadvantage while those who cheat and abuse mechanics have no risk in doing so?

Witches can do powerful things.
From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.
Kreek

Postby Goodman12 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:33 am

JohnSnow wrote:Half an hour ago in Small Ideas Thread you say that in this game there is no pre-set price. And now you say opposite that eyes can't cost 50k.

Goodman12 wrote:The community has the majority of the power to determine the price of items. No item should have a specific price that they should be sold for in the description.

In the Small Ideas Thread I also said that the players have the MAJORITY of control over the cost of an item which means that the development of the game has a say of what an item is worth which in turn influences the cost which is set by the player. In the case of the dbear eye, the effort put into obtaining one influences the worth of it which is above 50k silver no doubt.

In this thread I stated:
Goodman12 wrote:Of course sheer common sense and game knowledge would be enough to tell you that such an item is worth wayyy above 50k silver but obviously that is something you lack.

As you can see I said that the darken bear is WORTH more than 50k silver, I did not say that it cost 50k silver.
The word worth means: the level at which someone or something deserves to be valued or rated.
The word cost means: an amount that has to be paid or spent to buy or obtain something.
For all I care the cost of a darkenbear eye could be 1s if you find a buyer that sells it for that price but that doesn't changes it's worth.
If you're still dumb enough to not read,understand and comprehend then I am sorry to say but I lack the power of explaining things to lower lifeforms such as yourself.
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby AcidSpiral » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:54 pm

From a completely neutral point, since I have not had any reason to have any ill will towards any of the parties involved, here is my take on the situation...

1) I can understand why Grand Boss did what he did. On the off chance that it was NOT a bug it would be a smart decision to take advantage of a deal instead of passing it up to someone else. It sounds to me like he bought these up and then when Marp came online he did the logical thing and message him about it to confirm whether or not in was in fact due to a bug.

2) I cannot understand why the silver itself has not been removed from the game in the same manner as the eyes were. Obviously it would take time and effort to research and find out where/who to punish but is that not expected of the people in charge of enforcing the rules? If you're going to dish out punishment then you should dish it out equally and not take the easiest path to a half solution. As it was previously stated the only message that is being sent here is that you should exploit a bug you find as much as possible and then sell it all off to someone else before the bug is reported.

3) It is said that of course the buyer is at fault for waiting until after he purchased all of the eyes to report the bug, but this part seems to have been missed in the fuss:

Judaism wrote:Ultimately my findings were reported <12 hours after discovery and that includes a full night of sleep aswell.

It was not reported until after it had been exploited and then slept on?

MarpTarpton wrote:The player purchased the eyes and then reported that the eyes were on the stalls and asked if the quantity and low price was due to the existence of a bug. I find this method of thought to be backwards.

1) Player sees several of the rarest mob drop in the game going for half their value at a minimum on an enemy player's stall.
2) Player contacts friends in order to get loan for additional silver in order to buy multiples.
3) Player purchases fortune's worth of said item.
4) Player contacts a dev to ask whether or not a bug is involved for there to be so many so cheap after step 3 was completed.

1) Player sees several of the rarest mob drop in the game dropping in extremely large quantities compared to how they should.
2) Player farms several of these items.
3) Player asks friend to put these items in a stall and sell them to any sucker who will buy them.
4) Player reports the bug and then walks away with the cash.

Punishment should be equal and fair or should not take place at all.
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby gorniksam » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:19 pm

I understand how "patch topic" works, but I dont understand why that topic isn't closed yet. Already it's changed into "in my opinion.." thread like someone would care about it.
Yes, GB paid for being retarded and such greedy. Other is still paying for been naughty, so stfu and stop sharing with stupid opinions like it could change something :roll:
gorniksam

Postby AcidSpiral » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:42 pm

gorniksam wrote:I understand how "patch topic" works, but I dont understand why that topic isn't closed yet. Already it's changed into "in my opinion.." thread like someone would care about it.
Yes, GB paid for being retarded and such greedy. Other is still paying for been naughty, so stfu and stop sharing with stupid opinions like it could change something :roll:

Pretty sure the topic took the turn in the direction it did due to this, in case you missed it:

JohnCarver wrote:I shall let the people decide what to do with these players who are dealing in Witch Items.

I know my post looked like it was in defense of GB, but I'll pretty much quote like I just told someone else. I find it hilarious that GB got screwed over, but at the end of the day in a game where you can't trust 99% of the other players it would be nice to be able to place a little bit of trust in the system to keep it fair.
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby Icon » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:47 pm

it would be nice to be able to place a little bit of trust in the system to keep it fair.

The most unSalem thing ever spoken.
Icon

Postby gorniksam » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:49 pm

AcidSpiral wrote:I know my post looked like it was in defense of GB

You all doing it here
gorniksam

Postby Shadeen » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:18 pm

How to deal with the situation? I think the best way would be to delete all the mats and all the products from the recipes those mats were used in which were created during the bug duration. You've already done that form what I understand, so thank you for that :)

Then, track down all trades between players and delete all of the silver altogether, to punish both the buyers and the sellers.

Finally, create a black list with the sellers' names, so that if they ever choose to exploit anything in the future, their accounts will get insta-banned.

Have a nice day and thx for the patch :)

PS What happened with the smelters? Someone mentioned that they have been changed due to dupers and now they don't work as intended? What's up with that?
Shadeen

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements