Expedition 2 - <Name Pending>

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Expedition 2 - <Name Pending>

Postby Lazun123 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:48 am

TotalyMeow wrote:Unfortunately, a new forum is pretty much the lowest priority on Salem upgrades. As far as I know, this isn't actually a security issue of any kind.


On that subject, what is priority one?:)
WWJCD
User avatar
Lazun123
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 7:52 am

Re: Expedition 2 - <Name Pending>

Postby Procne » Thu May 25, 2017 8:03 am

Forum account and game account are 2 separate things, linked together in some way. The "Log in" button might be appearing when you are logged out of your game account? (which is needed to use the shop, check character info etc.)
Image
Procne
 
Posts: 3696
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:34 pm

Re: Expedition 2 - <Name Pending>

Postby Dallane » Thu May 25, 2017 1:21 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:Unfortunately, a new forum is pretty much the lowest priority on Salem upgrades. As far as I know, this isn't actually a security issue of any kind.


If it was loftar would of fixed it years ago.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 15032
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: Expedition 2 - <Name Pending>

Postby MaxPlanck » Thu May 25, 2017 4:05 pm

A suggestion for the new expedition.

No real money transactions allowed on the server for either the ENTIRE DURATION or at least for the FIRST MONTH

If people are allowed to get a **** ton of goods early game like this it'll ruin the early game so much and the people who spent a **** ton of money at the start will be much more likely to dominate.

Especially if people buy silver packs which will allow them to insanely boost up the biles to the 100+'s on the first day cause they spammed glass bottles from npc stall and made full and fed up berry potions. With 100 biles on first day this will also increase the productivity by tenfold of all activities they are doing.

Also people spamming the noobie pack with the 360k total inspiration gained they will be able to breeze through and learn things that they otherwise would need some time to learn.
Yes, profession packs will also ruin this because of the early game goods and free 5k inspiration, aka total of 125k inspiration in that one prospect.
I have some other examples but these listed above are enough.

The only thing that should be allowed purchasable from the store is memento mori/springs.
User avatar
MaxPlanck
Customer
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 3:20 pm

Re: Expedition 2 - <Name Pending>

Postby Heffernan » Thu May 25, 2017 4:18 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:A suggestion for the new expedition.

No real money transactions allowed on the server for either the ENTIRE DURATION or at least for the FIRST MONTH

If people are allowed to get a **** ton of goods early game like this it'll ruin the early game so much and the people who spent a **** ton of money at the start will be much more likely to dominate.

Especially if people buy silver packs which will allow them to insanely boost up the biles to the 100+'s on the first day cause they spammed glass bottles from npc stall and made full and fed up berry potions. With 100 biles on first day this will also increase the productivity by tenfold of all activities they are doing.

Also people spamming the noobie pack with the 360k total inspiration gained they will be able to breeze through and learn things that they otherwise would need some time to learn.
Yes, profession packs will also ruin this because of the early game goods and free 5k inspiration, aka total of 125k inspiration in that one prospect.
I have some other examples but these listed above are enough.

The only thing that should be allowed purchasable from the store is memento mori/springs.


what about shop tools or fashionable hats tho? maybe make a shop only for expeditions.
User avatar
Heffernan
 
Posts: 8362
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:07 pm
Location: Marps Closet

Re: Expedition 2 - <Name Pending>

Postby MaxPlanck » Thu May 25, 2017 4:25 pm

Heffernan wrote:
MaxPlanck wrote:A suggestion for the new expedition.

No real money transactions allowed on the server for either the ENTIRE DURATION or at least for the FIRST MONTH

If people are allowed to get a **** ton of goods early game like this it'll ruin the early game so much and the people who spent a **** ton of money at the start will be much more likely to dominate.

Especially if people buy silver packs which will allow them to insanely boost up the biles to the 100+'s on the first day cause they spammed glass bottles from npc stall and made full and fed up berry potions. With 100 biles on first day this will also increase the productivity by tenfold of all activities they are doing.

Also people spamming the noobie pack with the 360k total inspiration gained they will be able to breeze through and learn things that they otherwise would need some time to learn.
Yes, profession packs will also ruin this because of the early game goods and free 5k inspiration, aka total of 125k inspiration in that one prospect.
I have some other examples but these listed above are enough.

The only thing that should be allowed purchasable from the store is memento mori/springs.


what about shop tools or fashionable hats tho? maybe make a shop only for expeditions.


Shop tools would reduce pleghm cost and increase production speed early game too much to be fair. As for hats/capes, well it might not seem like that much of an advantage but getting a bunch of hats/capes with slots to try and boost up an early game feasting/mining set or the likes without spending the time to craft the gear and fail alot of slottings since no one will be able to get lower than 15-20 diff. early game for clothing crafted.

Another finer detailed example of someone spamming the thread&needle 5k insp. from the pack to make 0 diff. clothing asap to really boost up sets insanely early game.(high in diff. prof. aswell will allow easier slotting of certain goods)

--------------------

A shop made just for expedition that has hats/capes with 1 slot&(nerfed thermal values) only instead of 3-4 slots would be nice.
Any other visual based goods should also be fine to be added as long as they don't affect in-game work.
User avatar
MaxPlanck
Customer
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 3:20 pm

Re: Expedition 2 - <Name Pending>

Postby Lazun123 » Thu May 25, 2017 5:25 pm

Not just that but having a lead by getting iron for smelters mines and pick axe esc. Starting with a pickaxe and a few pig iron bars is a screaming advantage.
WWJCD
User avatar
Lazun123
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 7:52 am

Re: Expedition 2 - <Name Pending>

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu May 25, 2017 5:41 pm

No, we're not going to prevent anyone from buying from the shop. If it makes you feel better though, no one 'spammed' packs last expedition. A number of people bought one or two, but that is not a significant advantage. You could get the same benefits from playing a lot in the early game or coordinating in a group.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
User avatar
TotalyMeow
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3782
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Re: Expedition 2 - <Name Pending>

Postby MaxPlanck » Thu May 25, 2017 5:44 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:No, we're not going to prevent anyone from buying from the shop. If it makes you feel better though, no one 'spammed' packs last expedition. A number of people bought one or two, but that is not a significant advantage. You could get the same benefits from playing a lot in the early game or coordinating in a group.


Or yknow, ppl can just be in a group, play alot, and buy packs. More ppl means more money cost split between the group so it doesn't count as a big spending fee to get crazy ahead early on.

All ya gotta do is make it so there is no postmaster to pick up goods in the new expedition and clearly state that no purchases can be made in the first month.
User avatar
MaxPlanck
Customer
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 3:20 pm

Re: Expedition 2 - <Name Pending>

Postby Chrumps » Thu May 25, 2017 5:47 pm

*****.
Initial inspiration is slightly more than 400k now. How mere 300k can make a huge difference.
It is way more profitable to spam new characters each with 400k inspiration and focus each one on different early skills.
Last time devs distributed enough silver per account to make a claim plus some more. How 300s would make such a big difference.
One has to throw a lot of real money for it to make a difference.

Keep in mind that developers need income too. If you want then working on the game, the shop must provide money not only to pay for the server but for their work too.

How would you prevent people from buying things now and picking up from post office later ?

And finally Darwoth who won the last server did not join it the first day.

Learn how to play.
Chrumps
 
Posts: 556
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:51 pm
Location: Poland

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests