Expedition 2 - <Name Pending>

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Expedition 2 - <Name Pending>

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu May 25, 2017 5:53 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:All ya gotta do is make it so there is no postmaster to pick up goods in the new expedition and clearly state that no purchases can be made in the first month.

The store is our only income. Just because we're willing to spend personal money to keep Salem going doesn't mean we don't prefer the game to pay for itself. We do contract out a lot of the work involved in updates. I assure you, your perception of how much buying store packs has helped people get ahead is far in excess of reality.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Lazun123 » Thu May 25, 2017 5:59 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:
MaxPlanck wrote:All ya gotta do is make it so there is no postmaster to pick up goods in the new expedition and clearly state that no purchases can be made in the first month.

The store is our only income. Just because we're willing to spend personal money to keep Salem going doesn't mean we don't prefer the game to pay for itself. We do contract out a lot of the work involved in updates. I assure you, your perception of how much buying store packs has helped people get ahead is far in excess of reality.

What kind of monies would this game have to make to get JC to focus solely on it?:)
WWJCD
Lazun123

Postby MaxPlanck » Thu May 25, 2017 6:01 pm

Hahah...learn how to play?

400k can only get you so far up the tree, starting a new char. at 5 in every prof won't help you get the actual good skills.

I could spend under $100 for my group and wipe the floor with early game time wasted. Thats exactly what I'm going to do too if the store stays open for the expedition.
And then I'm going to wipe the floor with mid-game time as I play 12+ hours a day on 5+ diff. accounts just me alone(my groups time not counted) and I will be writhing in late-game on the first week of expedition launch.

We all know JC doesn't develop Salem for money but because its his hobby. He doesn't really care about the money made on this game as he runs his own successful business that is his main income.

------

@TotallyMeow I also suggested goods that can be bought via real money that didn't affect gameplay. So yes, you can still be making money off the new expedition via this.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Nsuidara » Thu May 25, 2017 6:38 pm

dont forget to bring your shovels
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Qiresea » Thu May 25, 2017 7:03 pm

:lol:
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby Chrumps » Thu May 25, 2017 7:03 pm

MaxPlanck wrote: I will be writhing in late-game on the first week of expedition launch.

Why not. Good luck!

MaxPlanck wrote:He runs his own successful business that is his main income.

IIRC that's why he has little time for Salem development ....
Chrumps

Postby Nsuidara » Thu May 25, 2017 7:05 pm

Chrumps wrote:
MaxPlanck wrote:He runs his own successful business that is his main income.

IIRC that's why he has little time for Salem development ....

then, should find little time for salem and search/find new member programer :P

edit, true is: i have hope and patiently waiting for new expeditions :P
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Dallane » Thu May 25, 2017 8:07 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:I could spend under $100 for my group and wipe the floor with early game time wasted. Thats exactly what I'm going to do too if the store stays open for the expedition.
And then I'm going to wipe the floor with mid-game time as I play 12+ hours a day on 5+ diff. accounts just me alone(my groups time not counted) and I will be writhing in late-game on the first week of expedition launch.

No you won't. Buying from the store doesn't give as big a boost as you seem to think.

Anyone with real game knowledge knows that you are full of **** and have no clue wtf you are talking about.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby MaxPlanck » Thu May 25, 2017 8:16 pm

Dallane wrote:
MaxPlanck wrote:I could spend under $100 for my group and wipe the floor with early game time wasted. Thats exactly what I'm going to do too if the store stays open for the expedition.

No you won't. Buying from the store doesn't give as big a boost as you seem to think.

Anyone with real game knowledge knows that you are full of **** and have no clue wtf you are talking about.

We are talking about how much it affects early game. (which is why I wanted to not have the real money store available for the first month originally)
I am well aware that store purchases have little effect in mid/late game.

You can think I won't be in late-game on first week but it doesn't really matter what you think I can or can't do. It's going to happen.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Dallane » Thu May 25, 2017 9:15 pm

MaxPlanck wrote: It's going to happen.

No, it won't.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements