Expedition 2 - <Name Pending>

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Expedition 2 - <Name Pending>

Postby Reviresco » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:58 am

So yeah, I'm thinkin' werewolves.
Reviresco

Postby kabuto202 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:25 pm

On one hand, I wanna give the devs **** for basically hand waving this thread and throwing it out like week old take-out.

On the other hand, 70% of this thread is an epeen slapfight about events in a game that doesn't even render the don-Ah! I found the problem. Maybe if the default client rendered big flaccid *****, this game could get a playerbase as large as Mortal Online.
kabuto202

Postby Dallane » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:29 pm

kabuto202 wrote:his game could get a playerbase as large as Mortal Online.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Biggest trash let down of a game ever. That game is dead 100x over
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby kabuto202 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:31 pm

Dallane wrote:

¦]
kabuto202

Postby Dallane » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:43 pm

kabuto202 wrote:
Dallane wrote:

¦]

Honestly tho I've heard it has gotten a ton better over the years with the devs constantly working on it. I had such high hopes of that game being the next UO but my UO fantasy is forever stuck in freeshards

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby kabuto202 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:12 pm

Dallane wrote:
kabuto202 wrote:
Honestly tho I've heard it has gotten a ton better over the years with the devs constantly working on it. I had such high hopes of that game being the next UO but my UO fantasy is forever stuck in freeshards

I played it about a year ago. The netcode finally got improved to the point where PvP was actually playable, though group pvp is still a massive *****. However, it's precise enough that you leap in front of some dude's attack in the graveyards, get him to hit you thus flagging him, and then proceed to go to pound town on his ass.

Magic was still woefully underdeveloped, pets are worthless for combat cause **** AI, and 70% of the game is basically a mystery/closed-guarded-secret/half-implemented mechanic.

My understanding is that it only exists because the Polish government is giving the company a ***** of art grants.
kabuto202

Postby daopa » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:30 pm

My only suggestion for the new expedition is to guarantee that when it ends, the character you had gets fully transferred over to Providence. Maybe have some perks of being able to transfer a container over also depending on some goal or achievement.

Reason for this is to use it as a selling point to get new/non-players to try out Salem as a fresh start. And when it ends they get to keep their character and move over to main server.

Oh and please do this small text change - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18706

Its may not seem like much, but when non players get directed to a sign up page and it says beta, some will not want to spend time on a beta and just leave.
daopa
Customer

Postby Dallane » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:51 pm

daopa wrote:My only suggestion for the new expedition is to guarantee that when it ends, the character you had gets fully transferred over to Providence. Maybe have some perks of being able to transfer a container over also depending on some goal or achievement.

People had the chance to inherit their characters.

Why should everyone be able to transfer things just because they were there? The entire point of the expedition is that there are different rules set in place and to not bring OP type things over unless you worked your ass off to do this.

Dallane

Postby Shadeen » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:40 am

*How Long should the next one be ideally. Keeping in my the best we will do is 'influence' how quickly someone can end it not directly end it ourselves.
Around 6 months

*What should the name of it be?
A night to remember

*What should the name of the server be?
Santa Fe (has regional grapes etc)

*Who is going to win?
Everyone! Set a date and have an end-of-the-world wild party with the players, in order to commemorate the day when wine becomes available on Providence

*Should it be harder/easier to win?
Easier

*Should raiding be harder/easier?
Differences should be solved via drinking contests and bar brawls

*Should Witchcraft be "Live" when it launches?
No, switch them for Indians trying to understand why the settlers get drunk every night and try to steal each other's goats

*Should crimes be active?
No, only against nature. Indians should be able to scalp criminals, no questions asked -but only when they're sober

*Should the map size be bigger or small than popham?
Smaller
Shadeen

Postby saltmummy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:55 am

Shadeen wrote:"A night to remember

I like that name, but the details have already been decided.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements