Expedition 2 - <Name Pending>

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Expedition 2 - <Name Pending>

Postby loled2 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:40 pm

HasseKebab wrote:*How Long should the next one be ideally. Keeping in my the best we will do is 'influence' how quickly someone can end it not directly end it ourselves.
3-6 months

*What should the name of it be?
anything

*What should the name of the server be?
anything

*Who is going to win?
Devs should decide

*Should it be harder/easier to win?
a lot easier

*Should raiding be harder/easier?
Remove TBC, Cannon, Darts and remove madness from murder ty

*Should Witchcraft be "Live" when it launches?
why not

*Should crimes be active?
yeah

*Should the map size be bigger or small than popham?
same

The tinder drill broke.
The tinder drill broke.
The tinder drill broke.
loled2

Postby Hose » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:51 pm

loled2 wrote:
HasseKebab wrote:*How Long should the next one be ideally. Keeping in my the best we will do is 'influence' how quickly someone can end it not directly end it ourselves.
3-6 months

*What should the name of it be?
anything

*What should the name of the server be?
anything

*Who is going to win?
Devs should decide

*Should it be harder/easier to win?
a lot easier

*Should Witchcraft be "Live" when it launches?
why not

*Should crimes be active?
yeah

*Should the map size be bigger or small than popham?
same

My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Postby gorniksam » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:15 pm

loled2 wrote:*Should raiding be harder/easier?

Nsuidara wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:Discussions points in this thread:
6*Should raiding be harder/easier?
8*Should crimes be active?

6. i think same that prov
8. KO in pclaim (enemy) die!

Seriously? Once again - it's perma-death game not Farmville or however that **** is called
gorniksam

Postby Nsuidara » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:03 pm

gorniksam wrote:
loled2 wrote:*Should raiding be harder/easier?

Nsuidara wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:Discussions points in this thread:
6*Should raiding be harder/easier?
8*Should crimes be active?

6. i think same that prov
8. KO in pclaim (enemy) die!

Seriously? Once again - it's perma-death game not Farmville or however that **** is called

Very sorry but i'm dont understand why you quote post main ?
I don't wrote about remove ? O_o
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby kitty629 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:38 am

Name of the server should be Dionysus after the god of wine and ritual madness.

http://www.crystalinks.com/bacchus.html
kitty629
Customer

Postby Taipion » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:57 am

Expedition name: Yeast Outbreak!

Server name: Mashingham

New Item: Fermento Mori - teaches all the skills related to alcohol (and possibly how to kill people with it)
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:27 am

kitty629 wrote:Name of the server should be Dionysus after the god of wine and ritual madness.

http://www.crystalinks.com/bacchus.html

Bacchus? Dionysus built the Labyrinth.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Goodman12 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:09 am

John Carver wrote:*How Long should the next one be ideally. Keeping in my the best we will do is 'influence' how quickly someone can end it not directly end it ourselves.

3-6 Months
John Carver wrote:What should the name of it be?

I like the Yeast Outbreak! suggested by Taipion
John Carver wrote:*What should the name of the server be?

Hidden Leaf Village ¦] ¦]
John Carver wrote:*Who is going to win?

Multiple people within the group that wins should be declared winner and benefit by getting the winner's prize (Should be a limited number like 3 or so because some groups might be too big). If a solo player ends the server he simply gets triple the winner's prize as if he was in a group.
John Carver wrote:*Should it be harder/easier to win?

Yes
John Carver wrote:*Should raiding be harder/easier?

Harder. I may be shooting in the blind tho because I didn't raid per say on Popham especially with cannons.The following suggestions are things that I would like see implemented for raiding and things associated with it:
1) Removal of Cannons, Adjustment of TbC so that it cannot be used to summon a player but instead prevents them from switching lento once accused
2) The health of walls should be reduce significantly compared to the ones on Providence (not too easy tho)
3)Critical Hits should be removed from Torch Post BUT the black bile damage done per shot should be increased OR the speed at which they shoot increased.
4) Stockade OR Madness should be removed(preferably the stockade). Madness becomes a huge problem for players who are doing crime they gain and uncontrollable amount of madness when stocked or trying to avoid stocks which would result to death in the early stages of the game. You can maybe add stocks/madness back into the game after the 1st month or so
That's all I'll suggest towards crime for now.
John Carver wrote:Should Witchcraft be "Live" when it launches?

Errr Why not?
John Carver wrote:*Should crimes be active?

Yes
John Carver wrote:*Should the map size be bigger or small than popham?

Smaller
Additional Suggestions:
Development
1) It should be easier to develop characters in both profs and biles
2) Higher purity can be obtained faster
3) Walls should be easier to build(cost less materials) Can even go into lessening the cost of infrastructure etc but not sure if that's necessary.

PvP
1)Scheduled Date (Preferable Saturday) where the devs hold an "event" where players can challenge and 1 v 1 each other to the death. This way the fight can remain a "fair" 1vs1. I am not 100% in support of this but I am not biased to it either so I wouldn't mind it being allowed.
2) Might be more fun if all those darts,wings etc are out but I don't mind them.

What I want to be kept:
Npcs that are in prov(Executioner, Chef, Timer Keeper etc). Could even add a few more.
Cannibalism
Some of the above suggestions may be considered as making things too easy etc but I think that the main reason Popham died so fast is due to the large investment (grind) that had to be done on a temporary server which in many ways were a lot easier to die on. To many people it made more sense investing time on the permanent server which would yield much more results because they are somewhat more developed there. That's just my 2 cents
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby Dallane » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:12 am

I think you should continue the tradition of having a open story line. The witch quest would of been perfect if it had been released from the start. I feel if there isn't a server goal or position like witchs then there isn't much of a point of having a expedition at all. Without that you just have a stable test server basically.

I know the goal was to have the expedition last around 6 months but I think if JC was able to be around more that the server would of ended much earlier by darwoth. I don't really see it as a failure at all other than the players being totally selfish. I would love to see another community activity like we have now. Maybe the pilgrims need to make the greatest of feast as a offering to something that will save them from the massive unused cthulu mob and we race against witchs who has to erect their own offering in their town, trying to keep it a secret from everyone else so no one will destroy or take over the town.

I think 6 months is a good goal for the server.

crimes active

raiding easy since no one wants to do it on provi

wutchcraft live with hidden quest

popham map was perfect

remove trial by cancer on both servers
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Michael » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:27 am

whatever you do just dont make the player's community goal to be about creating board piles. maybe make it about creating wine if the mechanics are fun for people. You could also make it about donating any resource that way people can focus on gameplay that they enjoy instead of locking them into something they do not like. an example would be donating goods related to farming, mining, hunting ext ext to a goal of set points. all resources would give a small amount of points to the larger server goal.
-also think about making new characters able to murder and assault from beginning. this could make starting up again after lousing your base easier incentivising players to stay playing on the expedition server after experiencing a lose.

It is important to learn from past experiences. Look at problems you had with the Popham server and try to find ways to counter them.
Best wishes
Michael

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements