Expedition 2 - <Name Pending>

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Expedition 2 - <Name Pending>

Postby ALTaZAR1 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:57 pm

Discussions points in this thread:
1*How Long should the next one be ideally. Keeping in my the best we will do is 'influence' how quickly someone can end it not directly end it ourselves.
2*What should the name of it be?
3*What should the name of the server be?
4*Who is going to win?
5*Should it be harder/easier to win?
6*Should raiding be harder/easier?
7*Should Witchcraft be "Live" when it launches?
8*Should crimes be active?
9*Should the map size be bigger or small than popham?

1.Year
2.Colonization Wenro
3.Wenro
4.For wining need destroy another town and make Сolonial residence for make it need all town what have world invite to that residence and end colonizate(town bell up price need to x15 size for silver and resourses)
5.Win is hard and if win can teleport all resourses and charackter (make faster up bailes and Profienses 1.8x)
6.Yes raiding need easier (no mortar only not strong wall,but i think ease make bailes if to raid its ease)
7.Yes you start that server why not have to start witches?
8.i dont think about to that server need scent TBC imbalanse all its block sense to crime in main(in expedition need more fight in large charackter)(treking need for know where enemy)
9.Smal size more PVP and more Fun(i start popham play 1 week only for fighte and fun) ;)
ALTaZAR1

Postby saffgee » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:36 pm

How about making it so that 3-5 people need to cooperate in order to win. Clearly getting 200 to do so was ambitious, but why not encourage a bit of working together for a change. Possibly give each a different task to achieve - could be proficiency or bile related - the diversity of that group being the key to winning.

Name: Hammurabi's wroth
saffgee
Customer

Postby Taipion » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:50 pm

Map size could be a bit bigger than popham, I remember going there and you would stumble from one base into another, with them being really a bit too close.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Judaism » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:49 pm

JohnCarver wrote:*How Long should the next one be ideally. Keeping in my the best we will do is 'influence' how quickly someone can end it not directly end it ourselves.

I myself have rather quick expedition servers, so I would say roundabout 3 months would be perfect. A timer in advance should be mentioned and a ''draw'' as outcome should be possible, not having any ''winner'' at all.

JohnCarver wrote:*Who is going to win?

I am not exactly sure about the terms of victory, I would much rather see town influences and server dominance as a factor. Just a quick example: set timers on towncharters to expire and the last remaining town wins.

JohnCarver wrote:*Should it be harder/easier to win?

Very few know the exact requirements, 666pp is way too hard tho. The requirements to win should be hard but it not necessary needs to be a secret or specific way of character development. I really like the interaction of statues for example, I would much rather see a dominance form over individual progession.

JohnCarver wrote:*Should raiding be harder/easier?

I don't like cannons at all, assuming as of right now where there is no competition anymore one could just make a char with 800 sparks and instantly get tru any base. But in totallity, raiding on Popham is exactly the same as on Providence. I would like to see actual raiding back, a slightly easier form, so without cannons at all. Maybe implement different siege structures or whatsoever, ones that speed up raiding temporary rather than burning a hole straight thru.

JohnCarver wrote:*Should Witchcraft be "Live" when it launches?

Truely depends on how relevant its going to be, I know Salem has alot to do with witchcraft but when it stays the way it does as of right now, I don't think it should be live. If you intend to operate the previous thought of forcing a witch to be streamed 24/7 or something like that, then I am afraid that its going to be too much of another copy expedition. But yes, if a witch is going to end the expeditions quietly, its hideout or location cannot be a secret as of right now. People need to be able to find it without too much fuss, would lead towards more oppertunities for others and much more confrontation.

JohnCarver wrote:*Should crimes be active?

Crimes should be activated but when raiding will be easier, as all my suggestions do make, there should be no reason to have TBC's. A form of TBF's could exist just so everyone knows that a raid is going on. So it would be required to waste, however it would be cheap and goes up instant.

JohnCarver wrote:*Should the map size be bigger or small than popham?

Much smaller, with a much harsher darkness (insane drains, higher mob density, higher risk of death, even harsher raid conditions (bind defences to darkness level). Just to force an extremely dense area. Where raiding will be noted. (If you wish to live remotely out of the world, there has to be a punishment)

Those are my quick two cents.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Kralith » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:59 pm

Lusewing wrote:'The Thirst'

+1

This name seems perfect! :)
Salem Wiki (PM me if you need help with editing)
Report corrections and new things here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kralith
Customer

Postby Kralith » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:20 pm

*How Long should the next one be ideally. Keeping in my the best we will do is 'influence' how quickly someone can end it not directly end it ourselves.

At least, Popham lasts too long.
It should be not longer than even this server was expected. Means a half year.
But, in reason it is still just a hobby of you to develope the game, it would be even fine, if it lasts up to a year.

*Who is going to win?

The one who end the server should get the biggest benefit.
And it is also fine to gift people who get on lists. But here should be just one gift per player no matter how many toons or accounts are in the list.
Also it would be interesting to get some special events over the duration of server where people can get access to a special gift.
That can be per example tasks like you set up for witches, first who fulfill the task get access to something special for the permanent server.
That would hold people keep on playing i think.

*Should it be harder/easier to win?

This question can maybe just answer this people who keep playing on popham till the end.
Player who gave up for being bored maybe should explain, why they got bored.
For my part i just gave up in reason of the community. I don't think you can change this case :D

*Should raiding be harder/easier?

I think, the raiding at popham was quite easy at many points.
But, also here i'm not really able to give a good advice, because i was going out too fast.
But what i noticed during my playtime there, the base building at popham was "too much".
An expedition should have the sense of an exploration, means, you are on traveling and you just build small temporary bases.
Therefor should be maybe available just a part of the possibilities you have on permanent server, to fasten up the game.
Means, people just build, getting destroyed, build up again and so on.
Like a hunt to each other.
Building up as you used to do it on the permanent server slows down the temperament of an exploring, the fear and scares.

*Should Witchcraft be "Live" when it launches?

It would make it more interesting.
Exploration means you go into unknown areas, why not with witches and scary things that happens.
Also it would speed up the game flow.

*Should crimes be active?

Yes.

*Should the map size be bigger or small than popham?

The size was not that bad.
But maybe expandable by you, if you add some new tasks.
Salem Wiki (PM me if you need help with editing)
Report corrections and new things here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kralith
Customer

Postby Paradoxyc » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:29 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Discussions points in this thread:
*How Long should the next one be ideally. Keeping in my the best we will do is 'influence' how quickly someone can end it not directly end it ourselves.
*What should the name of it be?
*What should the name of the server be?
*Who is going to win?

-2 months
-Vineyard Trail
-No comment
-No comment
-Easier or more balanced
-Harder
-Yes
-Yes
-Smaller

Edit: On the map, it would be very interesting to make most of it mountainous or unusable. This would mean that only a select few areas would be able to be lived in and therefore a lot of action would be centered in those areas (fit for vineyards). Would require constant watching as well if you own a plot of land as people could possibly burn your fields down - this would be exciting I think. Winner could be determined by whoever finishes the server owning a monopoly on wine production (not sure what exact conditions would be)
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Nsuidara » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:41 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Discussions points in this thread:
1*How Long should the next one be ideally. Keeping in my the best we will do is 'influence' how quickly someone can end it not directly end it ourselves.
2*What should the name of it be?
3*What should the name of the server be?
4*Who is going to win?
5*Should it be harder/easier to win?
6*Should raiding be harder/easier?
7*Should Witchcraft be "Live" when it launches?
8*Should crimes be active?
9*Should the map size be bigger or small than popham?

1. JC you said expeditions be short time live servers... now Phopan ? 1+ year...
for HUMAN short time is days, weeks or months... not years...
for me max 2-3 months
2. Buffet
3. Buffet
4. not single player, you wanna made co-op then be groups what co-op
5. meybye not one way for win ?
6. i think same that prov
7. why not...
8. KO in pclaim (enemy) die!
9. smaller :)
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Shrapnel » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:28 pm

Around 3 months, with an absolute cutoff at 6 if goals are not met, regardless of player progress.

Im liking 'The Thirst' as the expedition title.

No Idea.

*Who is going to win?
No idea.

Maybe just a pinch easier.. it seems TotalyMeow was correct in her assumptions that we couldnt work as a team to complete and Ark. Maybe allow personal goals similar to the Statues as more of the main focus along side a 'bonus' community goal. Also, allowing one person to win it all with no hope for the rest is a heavily demoralizing mechanic, try to avoid that this time around.

Keep it the same, cannons where pretty fun and flipped the whole wall bashing on its head. Still keep that **** off Prov though.. :p
EDIT: Agreeing with HasseKebab about Darts, TBC and Murder Madness, get that **** outta here.

Hell NO, id say do like you did with Popham, release it some time in so people who arent focused on Witchcraft have a chance to establish themselves.

Of course? what kind of game would Salem be if you couldn't commit crimes?

Slightly bigger than Popham.
Last edited by Shrapnel on Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Shrapnel
Customer

Postby HasseKebab » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:38 pm

3-6 months

anything

anything

*Who is going to win?
Devs should decide

a lot easier

Remove TBC, Cannon, Darts and remove madness from murder ty

why not

yeah

same
HasseKebab

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements