Black Friday 2016

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Black Friday 2016

Postby Judaism » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:30 pm

This event is absolutely stupid, it removes the essential requirements for witchcraft, coudn't think of anything worse in a game like Salem. Last year's santa events already made previously rare items common, now witchcraft is ruined. I don't think the value of some things don't make much sense either.

That however does raise the question whether this event is also active on Popham ?
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby SEMvergonha » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:45 pm

Judaism wrote:This event is absolutely stupid, it removes the essential requirements for witchcraft, coudn't think of anything worse in a game like Salem. Last year's santa events already made previously rare items common, now witchcraft is ruined. I don't think the value of some things don't make much sense either.

That however does raise the question whether this event is also active on Popham ?

So that this revolt? ¦]
SEMvergonha
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:58 pm

Judaism wrote:This event is absolutely stupid, it removes the essential requirements for witchcraft, coudn't think of anything worse in a game like Salem. Last year's santa events already made previously rare items common, now witchcraft is ruined. I don't think the value of some things don't make much sense either.

like most providence events this is not on popham and would be retarded if it was given the nature of the server, however at this stage even if it were there is still the fact that i have controlled all four of the non public statues since before even my own tier 2 witch existed on the server (which was the first as i am the one that reported the missing requirements and had them fixed), have given nobody at all access to any of them so no chance of subterfuge and now once again actively check all of them every few hours for cannons and will continue to right up until the last day.
Darwoth

Postby Judaism » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:39 pm

Darwoth wrote:however at this stage even if it were there is still the fact that i have controlled all four of the non public statues since before even my own tier 2 witch existed on the server (which was the first as i am the one that reported the missing requirements and had them fixed), have given nobody at all access to any of them so no chance of subterfuge and now once again actively check all of them every few hours for cannons and will continue to right up until the last day.

You already have gotten a fair warning that the statues towns might be destroyed any time now. If the event also is active for Popham, it will only take me a few minutes to turn in my witch into t2, since I already have the other two requirements on my witch. I would only do that to check the requirements of t3 myself, if the requirements actually differ from what you have told me, I might even push my ****** witch to t3.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:46 pm

read it again, that is for the next expedition so that the games population of pretend raiders that can not successfully breach a statue even with the aid of cannons after me or someone like me grabs one they do not sit around and ***** for a year again. the part of the post relevant to popham was that after january first the statues "might" be ported into town.

Also for the record its been another couple months since the map was released to the statues and nobody has ended the expedition yet. Going forward we are leaning towards the following server ending encouragement.

#1: Server Launches -> Map of Server provided with statue locations for great off-the-start conflict.
#2: Few months in, Alternative win condition added (ark or equivalent)
#3: Few months later, Statues begin nuking their surrounding map grids.
#4: 1+ Year. Statues Animate and begin moving to town.

In the case of Popham.
We reserve the right to animate the statues and have them march to center of town in 2017.. Fair warning.

the post says statue locs may be common knowledge this time, 3 - 4 months in an ark is added, 6 - 8 months in statues destroy structures within their grid ( which is incredibly stupid and allows for someone that does not deserve to win to potentially win, but whatever :lol: ) and then the statues plopped in town thing.
Last edited by Darwoth on Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darwoth

Postby Judaism » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:52 pm

Darwoth wrote:read it again, that is for the next expedition so that the games population of pretend raiders that can not successfully breach a statue even with the aid of cannons after me or someone like me grabs one they do not sit around and ***** for a year again. the part of the post relevant to popham was that after january first the statues "might" be ported into town.

JohnCarver wrote:#3: Few months later, Statues begin nuking their surrounding map grids.

In the case of Popham. We reserve the right to animate the statues and have them march to center of town in 2017.. Fair warning.

#1 & #2 have already passed and according to the times he mentioned, #3 shoud've already had happened many months ago. #4 seems pointless due to the fact that the locations are already public for a while now (Marps *****). So my point is actually valid. You might have a point that the event won't be on Popham, however previous events have been taking place on Popham aswell in several cases. The server is old enough that it would make little sense to exclude Popham from it, really just to also ruin witchcraft on Popham.

So once again the question to the devs: Will this event also be on Popham or not ?
Last edited by Judaism on Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:57 pm

i know your butthurt that you could not beat me with 15 people helping you and will thus intentionally not grasp reading comprehension wherein there is a distinct and stated divide between the application of ruleset changes and how they apply to the existing server and the next one but.

1> your incorrect

2> you can not trade worms for a wing on popham
Darwoth

Postby Judaism » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:01 pm

Darwoth wrote:i know your butthurt that you could not beat me with 15 people helping you and will thus intentionally not grasp reading comprehension wherein there is a distinct and stated divide between the application of ruleset changes and how they apply to the existing server and the next one but.

1> your incorrect

2> you can not trade worms for a wing on popham

So you are implying that he is implying only future expeditions, instead of Popham with his post. To me that makes little sense since he is mentioning it inside the Popham winnings thread and is also mentioning the server ending encouragement, where some of the points are clearly meant for Popham.

Also for the record its been another couple months since the map was released to the statues and nobody has ended the expedition yet. Going forward we are leaning towards the following server ending encouragement.

#1: Server Launches -> Map of Server provided with statue locations for great off-the-start conflict.
#2: Few months in, Alternative win condition added (ark or equivalent)
#3: Few months later, Statues begin nuking their surrounding map grids.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:10 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

why YES that is in fact exactly what i am saying ***** you know since the phrase "and moving forward we are leaning toward......" and then specifically states "in the case of popham" before going on to state that the statues "may" be ported in 2017, which further demonstrates the separation since the server has already been up over a year.

you should go hunt for worms on providence before the stall is taken down instead of crying about my personal monument to single handedly owning you, all of your allies and all your friends with a 170 stat character.
Darwoth

Postby lachlaan » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:15 pm

He said clearly he might force Darwoth's hand in 2017, when it come to Popham. So clearly Popham is an exception to the +1 year rule, as well as +1 years could mean 3 for all we know, or just generally whenever he feel like babysitting the moving statues to make sure it ends well.

So future expeditions, if it drags on over a year JC can at his discretion throw sudden death at us. For the current one, might happen after new year, again at JC's discretion.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements