Patch 1.3 Flags, Fish & Furniture

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Patch 1.3 Flags, Fish & Furniture

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:45 am

Greetings Salemites,
Much of THIS patch could be summed up into putting in some new technology that was necessary for some slated advancements. One note-able feature is that we are now able to animate objects that are able to be toggled on and off. Flagpoles may now have and not have a flag, as well as having the flag waiving in the wind. Etc. Etc. Another update was a long overdue ability to have different styles of font and sizes without requiring client updates everytime we do.

We have several major systems we have been teasing you with. Trade Orders, Cravings & the New Expedition Industry are the "Big 3" If you will. Its possible we may launch Trade Orders and Cravings slightly before the new expedition. But its also possible that those will come down the pipe with the expedition itself. WIthout further ado. Here is what makes up this patch.

Flagpoles
Display your loyalties with pride! Salemites may now construct a Flagpole and craft 10 new flags for it. There are actually 30 flags in the game, but it did not seem fitting that most of the fun and silly flags be craftable so those will be used for gifts, events, prizes, and more.
*Dyes required to craft flags will be added to a town NPC shortly after patch.

Fishtanks
*Players may now make Fish Tanks.
*All fish in the game now have a unique ground graphic when dropped.
*All fish may now be placed in your fish tank and will have a unique graphic inside the tanks as well.

Top 10 Store Prizes
*Top 10 Store Prizes are now live and will be delivered to postmaster later tonight.

Polish & Bugfixes
*Fixed bug where Albino animals were not displaying correctly on Popham. There is a less than 1% chance animals will be Albino. Previously 50% of those were being 'invisible'.
*Fix'd a bug with the Ore Smelters. Bar yields are more generous now for alloy bonus users.
*Fix'd a typo with Harvest Pack
*Push is now different distances depending on the yellow bile used to push. (Starting with pushers over 100 yellow bile)
*Berryjuice and Beetlejuice can now be refreshed before they expire.
*Opening a survey now plays a sound.
*Tiny Pocketwatch is no longer an inspirational.
*Tiny Pocketwatch now plays a sound effect when used.
*Graphics and text is still sub-optimal but improved.
*Pear trees have had their graphics changed to be more visible when fruiting
*Snozzberry has had their graphics changed to be more visible when fruiting.

Store Changes
*Sofa and Nightstand will be shortly moved into the Mystery Furniture Pack. Mystery Furniture Crate has been added in their place with 7 total things in it. Classic Sofa and Nightsands being 2 of those 7 options.

We will finish off the summit finishing up our expedition changes, and the big new systems we have been working on. Thank you for your patience.

Mini Update #1
-------------
*Players may now craft Flag of Cross of Burgundy
*Flagpoles may no longer be built in houses.
*Flagpoles now require wooden handles instead of wood blocks.
*Clothing Recipes have been altered many now requires dyes.
*Store Bought Furniture can now be brought up and down stairs.
*Refreshing Beetlejuice appears to have consequences. This change has been rolled back until I can further evaluate it (reason for last crash).

Mini Update #2
-------------
*Fisherman Clothing now requires more Isinglass to make.
*Icons for Map Desk and Dresser have been replaced from their placeholder status.
*Players may now craft the Flag of Germany
*Stockpiles may now take Hides
*Stockpiles may now take Leather

Mini Update #3
-------------
*New Skill: Flags & Banners is required for the production of Flags.
*Mapdesk Inventory icon graphic has been improved.
*Walk on the wild side buffed
*Moths are much less attracted to wool blankets now.
*Salted Radish Buffed
*Snake in the grass now takes intermediate cooking.
*Recipes for Garden Veg, Wild Salad, Tendergrass Rump, Snake in the Grass, and Dragonbreath Salad have been changed.
*Vegetables and Cabbage are now seperated foodgroups.

Mini Update #4
*Players may now roast any nuts
*New variable ingredient added for Nut Recipes
*New Food Item: Roasted Myrtle Acorns
*New Food Item: Roasted Walnut
*Fixed Shellfish Recipes input values which should fix the any-shellfish bug that was present in the last few days.
*Fixed a bug allowing players to drink from a flask in their inventory provided they had one equipped in their hand.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Re: Patch 1.3 Flags, Fish & Furniture

Postby Adelewhy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:50 am

"*Fixed bug where Albino animals were not displaying correctly on Popham. There is a less than 1% chance animals will be Albino. Previously 50% of those were being 'invisible'."

Yay! No more invisible animals! Thanks JC!
Adelewhy

Postby Heffernan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:50 am

JohnCarver wrote: Mystery Furniture Crate has been added in their place with 7 total things in it.

LIES!!!!!

goldeneyepatch
goldenboots
goldenshirt
goldenplaguemasque

too easy jc...
Heffernan

Postby Lallaith » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:51 am

thanks for patch, very cool but OMG something went hideously wrong with my golden items! PLEASE FIX!

i appreciate you wanted them to look more realistically gold but they look perhaps even less like actual gold, much like some sort of icky green tinged bronze, perhaps stained with poop. Extremely ugly. my outfit is ruined :cry:
Lallaith

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:00 am

Adelewhy wrote:"*Fixed bug where Albino animals were not displaying correctly on Popham. There is a less than 1% chance animals will be Albino. Previously 50% of those were being 'invisible'."

Did you have Albinos? Would love to see a pic.

Lallaith wrote:thanks for patch, very cool but OMG something went hideously wrong with my golden items! PLEASE FIX!

i appreciate you wanted them to look more realistically gold but they look perhaps even less like actual gold, much like some sort of icky green tinged bronze, perhaps stained with poop. Extremely ugly. my outfit is ruined :cry:

Pic please so I can harass marp. I think the only stuff that had a tint that was darker was the eyepatch and the tophat but they contrasted the other gold stuff nicely as I posted in a pic somewhere.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Qiresea » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:02 am

thanks for the patch JC <3
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby Heffernan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:05 am

i think he means the golden tophat wich... really does look more black Bronze then golden

also..

Heffernan

Postby firefox2026 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:19 am

FYI.. flag poles seem to be build-able in houses... Lol I get to hire some pole dancers in my bedroom. :D
firefox2026

Postby Adelewhy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:29 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Adelewhy wrote:"*Fixed bug where Albino animals were not displaying correctly on Popham. There is a less than 1% chance animals will be Albino. Previously 50% of those were being 'invisible'."

Did you have Albinos? Would love to see a pic.

We've had a few, we just didn't know they were albino since they were invisible. Here's the two we have now, no longer invisible!! :D
Attachments
albinoadult.png
albinoadult.png (131.92 KiB) Viewed 16328 times
albinobaby.png
albinobaby.png (124 KiB) Viewed 16328 times
Adelewhy

Postby Heffernan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:49 am

Heffernan

Next

Return to Announcements