Patch 1.3 Flags, Fish & Furniture

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 1.3 Flags, Fish & Furniture

Postby Heffernan » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:29 pm

MycroSparks wrote:The patch seems to have messed with my game, I can't launch it now, just sais "Unable to launch application!" :(
Anyone having similar problems?

problem of custom clients.
Heffernan

Postby MycroSparks » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:35 pm

Heffernan wrote:
MycroSparks wrote:The patch seems to have messed with my game, I can't launch it now, just sais "Unable to launch application!" :(

problem of custom clients.

So are they gonna fix it, cause I really don't feel like playing on the original one :D
MycroSparks

Postby Lusewing » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:50 pm

Its up to the client makers to fix it. Try out the orignal for a bit, other then not being able to see players on the map there is not much of a diffrence from what i have seen.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby MycroSparks » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:07 pm

Lusewing wrote:Its up to the client makers to fix it. Try out the orignal for a bit, other then not being able to see players on the map there is not much of a diffrence from what i have seen.

I've tried I just can't, the interface is lacking so much. But thanks for the info, I'll wait until latikai updates, hopefully it won't be too long :)
MycroSparks

Postby Kandarim » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:16 pm

i doubt that has anything to do with the update. If you have issues with custom clients you should post in their respective threads. Aside from that, github apparently experienced a brief outage this morning, as several people have reported they could not start the client due to FileNotFound at github.io. This should be solved now.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby alagar » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:29 pm

Heffernan wrote:The Vatican City Diplomatic Embassy has been Finished..

I don't think Russia, Japan and Poland flag existed in the colonial times.
REMOVE STALLS!
alagar

Postby Kralith » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:30 pm

Okay, i got 5 of 7 out of the New Mystery Pack.

This one is nicest, but this tick tock makes me mad :D
Need to move it away from sofa :D

image.jpg
image.jpg (26.48 KiB) Viewed 7183 times

I found Nightstand, Sofa, Little Dresser, the Map Desk and this Clock.
I need the other 2 for wiki ;)
Salem Wiki (PM me if you need help with editing)
Report corrections and new things here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kralith
Customer

Postby Adelewhy » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:02 am

omegaedgar01 wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:*Clothing Recipes have been altered many now requires dyes.

This is not the best idea ever... Too many silver sinks not everyone on salem is rich. They should be craftable at least so we can save money everytime we replace clothing. Or keep old recipes as they are and only add dyes to new stuff. After all some recipes already have materials with those colors...

Definitely need to be craftable. In the days of the pilgrim no one wasted money on such petty things as dyes. They made it or they did without but they had anything they could grow and sew. So if you want to be realistic...you could make the things a plain dull color UNLESS a dye is used. Then it's our option to toss money into clothes that may or may not slot what we need in them. Having to constantly remake cuz slotting fails even at higher levels/lower difficulties is going to be a huge silver sink now. Later on when you figure it out you could make dyes craftable. Which makes sense cuz pilgrims were crunchy like that.

Or dyes could be like Teasels... usable AFTER the fact. So click on a finished item to dye that item.
Adelewhy

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:39 am

I'm still going back and forth on this. While I get the urge to want to make every little item in the game without investing silver. The game DOES require some silver sinks to combat inflation AND there are clothing options available to you that do not require dyes. For these two reasons I'm still not entirely sure that you guys need to be able to make every recipe in the game without investing in the 'fancy' aspect of it.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Tulgarath » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:06 am

JohnCarver wrote:I'm still going back and forth on this. While I get the urge to want to make every little item in the game without investing silver. The game DOES require some silver sinks to combat inflation AND there are clothing options available to you that do not require dyes. For these two reasons I'm still not entirely sure that you guys need to be able to make every recipe in the game without investing in the 'fancy' aspect of it.

Silver sinks aren't unreasonable. If anything, I figured people would have complained because there are things on the shop unavailable to crafting. /shrug
Tulgarath

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements