Patch 1.2.1 Cold Shoulder

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 1.2.1 Cold Shoulder

Postby JolliB » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:55 am

Was reading the patch notes to see if this was implemented. How come we cant sell cricket team to the npc vendors anymore? Its no longer listed.
JolliB

Postby Kralith » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:47 pm

Ohhhhh JC, you are a big Troll!!! :D

tatteredblanket

I hate you too! :P
Salem Wiki (PM me if you need help with editing)
Report corrections and new things here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kralith
Customer

Postby Heffernan » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:45 pm

just saw level 2 of the Building in providence why dont players have such big buildings, i remember during a stream JC logged in and placed a new house temporary with a huge size inside?

Heffernan

Postby saltmummy » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:55 pm

Heffernan wrote:just saw level 2 of the Building in providence why dont players have such big buildings, i remember during a stream JC logged in and placed a new house temporary with a huge size inside?

Ah! It's open! THE WORK CONTINUES!

edit: jegus, it's dark down there.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby Heffernan » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:53 pm

JohnCarver wrote:I can retroactively calculate it I believe... and will. Give me a week or so to get my footing again though.

JC saying "a week or so...." tomorrow is my birthday, coincedence? i think not ¦]
Heffernan

Postby Kralith » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:11 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:Is it me or the icon for shellfish trap is gone from the crafting menu ?
Cant even find it on my main? (100% i am not missing any skills)

There are no entry in any building menu for Shellfish Traps.
Would like to build some more, but no response from JC here until now, if it will be fixed soon.
Salem Wiki (PM me if you need help with editing)
Report corrections and new things here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kralith
Customer

Postby AngelOfSilence » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:08 pm

awwwesoem patch thx for awesome game jc
Salem Wiki
Marketplace APP
BEST SHOOP IN THE GAME BUY ALL
Heffernan wrote: just sucks i forgot to raise yellow bile and cant loot anything hahaha sucks to be me..
AngelOfSilence

Postby Heffernan » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:58 pm

edit:

Heffernan

Postby TomCat86 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:39 am

As a new player who cant even make clothing yet, because the research and ingredient pathing is a bit, asinine. This freezing is a bit much. The tooltips are lacking info, there is no formal tech tree indicating what research is next in line, what ingredients you need, where they are, what you need to prepare them and so forth. The game over complicates very simple common sense mechanics, and leaves out the most basic tooltip information. I understand the team is small, but tool tips should be done before anymore features are added. Without clarity, you have chaos. When you have chaos, its a chore and waste of time. Its probably not as harsh on veterans because they have whats already required to stave off certain features, already have communities set up and so fourth. To a new player, this games mechanics and inception is very off putting. That aside, the game has great potential, which I do hope is utilized and makes this game great. There are more ways to skin a cat than just one, this is true for many instances that should be carried over to in game. But alas, more often than not, this is not so in this game. Fire/light/hot objects/food, map position, biome should all influence heat/cold. Also, why can a turkey knock out a full grown human in 2 hits? This is insane regardless of you just starting the game, yet a rattle snake bite can be constantly staved off by eating things? I understand the need to scale combat and damage, but please add some realism and add specifically more dangerous creatures and remove turkeys and things of that like from the danger category. Also, why on earth can you not pick up a branch, rock, or sharpened stick and use them as weapons?
TomCat86

Postby Rifmaster » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:55 am

TomCat86 wrote:As a new player who cant even make clothing yet, because the research and ingredient pathing is a bit, asinine. This freezing is a bit much. The tooltips are lacking info, there is no formal tech tree indicating what research is next in line, what ingredients you need, where they are, what you need to prepare them and so forth. The game over complicates very simple common sense mechanics, and leaves out the most basic tooltip information. I understand the team is small, but tool tips should be done before anymore features are added. Without clarity, you have chaos. When you have chaos, its a chore and waste of time. Its probably not as harsh on veterans because they have whats already required to stave off certain features, already have communities set up and so fourth. To a new player, this games mechanics and inception is very off putting. That aside, the game has great potential, which I do hope is utilized and makes this game great. There are more ways to skin a cat than just one, this is true for many instances that should be carried over to in game. But alas, more often than not, this is not so in this game. Fire/light/hot objects/food, map position, biome should all influence heat/cold. Also, why can a turkey knock out a full grown human in 2 hits? This is insane regardless of you just starting the game, yet a rattle snake bite can be constantly staved off by eating things? I understand the need to scale combat and damage, but please add some realism and add specifically more dangerous creatures and remove turkeys and things of that like from the danger category. Also, why on earth can you not pick up a branch, rock, or sharpened stick and use them as weapons?

You wanna turn Salem into a realistic game?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Rifmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements