Patch 1.2.1 Cold Shoulder

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 1.2.1 Cold Shoulder

Postby gorniksam » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:50 pm

Rifmaster wrote:
firefox2026 wrote:I was thinking about coming back and of course had some problems with my machine locking up and ran out of time before my toon got frozen. :(

So I don't seem to be having any luck thawing my toon out I put 4 fires around him and one fireplace thinking maybe that would work better. I still haven't' gotten him unfrozen. I don't know anybody would give help tell me how to thaw out character before it dies? :(

I think you need to tinder drill him, dont know tho.

Or just use the lit torch on it :roll:
gorniksam

Postby firefox2026 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:58 pm

Thank you!! That did it.
firefox2026

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:00 pm

It's okay to say more tooltips are needed or that the new temperature mechanic needs improvement. But it's much more useful to suggest actual solutions. Where do you need more tooltips? On what items and what info is missing? When you know everything about the game it's harder to see the newbie perspective so some actual useful information would be welcome here.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Nsuidara » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:04 pm

JC, TM thanks you for your support think "you need create more alts" :P

why do not you concentrate for made more content, example:

generate event cave, ruins + chest rewards, more builds... more animals hunt...
rewamp gadering, field farms, made iron, wrought, steel...
ahh... does not matter
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby gorniksam » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:23 pm

Nsuidara wrote:more animals hunt...

+1
gorniksam

Postby Kralith » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:24 pm

Kralith wrote:Ohhhhh JC, you are a big Troll!!! :D

tatteredblanket

I hate you too! :P

Hmmm... do we have something like lavender?
Maybe it prevents the Moths.
Salem Wiki (PM me if you need help with editing)
Report corrections and new things here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kralith
Customer

Postby Chrumps » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:43 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:It's okay to say more tooltips are needed or that the new temperature mechanic needs improvement. But it's much more useful to suggest actual solutions. Where do you need more tooltips? On what items and what info is missing? When you know everything about the game it's harder to see the newbie perspective so some actual useful information would be welcome here.

Maybe just start a new char and try to survive with it during coldsnap until the point it has full clothing. Then for every solution you used think if a newbie would know that.

What I can point out is:
- a newbie has no way to warm himself except running into a house/barn/crypt in providence. A newbie does not know that. Besides it is an ugly solution.
- broth is not readily available because it requires a pot and, a meat cut and a cup to drink. Obtaining clay takes some luck and time. Finding a squirrel takes again some luck or knowledge they are to be found in Providence. I am not sure if a skill is required to catch a squirrel. Making a pot takes some time. Making a cup requires finding a birch and again some time. All these steps are not know to a newbie.
- a newbie has no idea he can make woven reeds and jute clothes,
- a newbie has no idea he can make hay and haybales, Making snakeskin shoes takes more time to collect hides and a skill - cobbling.

There is also an issue with people who have their leantos/claims destroyed and who login naked and freeze fast with no option to logout quick and wait until coldsnap is ended.

All the above would not matter a lot if there was a way to temporarily warm oneself in the wilderness be it near a leanto only or at any place. (as it was pointed out multiple times)
Chrumps

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:53 pm

Okay..... Not too helpful but I'll suggest a new help popup or something.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby TomCat86 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:56 pm

Chrumps wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:It's okay to say more tooltips are needed or that the new temperature mechanic needs improvement. But it's much more useful to suggest actual solutions. Where do you need more tooltips? On what items and what info is missing? When you know everything about the game it's harder to see the newbie perspective so some actual useful information would be welcome here.

Maybe just start a new char and try to survive with it during coldsnap until the point it has full clothing. Then for every solution you used think if a newbie would know that.

What I can point out is:
- a newbie has no way to warm himself except running into a house/barn/crypt in providence. A newbie does not know that. Besides it is an ugly solution.
- broth is not readily available because it requires a pot and, a meat cut and a cup to drink. Obtaining clay takes some luck and time. Finding a squirrel takes again some luck or knowledge they are to be found in Providence. I am not sure if a skill is required to catch a squirrel. Making a pot takes some time. Making a cup requires finding a birch and again some time. All these steps are not know to a newbie.
- a newbie has no idea he can make woven reeds and jute clothes,
- a newbie has no idea he can make hay and haybales, Making snakeskin shoes takes more time to collect hides and a skill - cobbling.

There is also an issue with people who have their leantos/claims destroyed and who login naked and freeze fast with no option to logout quick and wait until coldsnap is ended.

All the above would not matter a lot if there was a way to temporarily warm oneself in the wilderness be it near a leanto only or at any place. (as it was pointed out multiple times)

This is what I mean by simple common sense. If we need to explain it, there is a problem. Thank you for explaining it though, so the trolls would understand. Its like there was very basic thought process left out of the game design. Either due to laziness or wanting to be trolly.
TomCat86

Postby Dallane » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:59 pm

lol children still complaining about simple mechanics my dog could figure out using his anus.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements