Patch 1.2.1 Cold Shoulder

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 1.2.1 Cold Shoulder

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:17 am

Just a regular chess set. But on that topic I forgot to mention that Sculpting will allow you to change the graphic of something based on what you build it with. So its in its crude stages but for now the 'Coal" is an optional ingredient in crafting Chess Boards. If you craft the piece with no coal it will be white. If you add the coal in the piece will kick about black.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby insiqmeyer » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:18 am

JohnCarver wrote:hmmmm.... You should be getting pine nuts between 1 in 4 and 1 in 8 pinecones. It is also possible to get up to 8 pine nuts from a pine cone. But upon further evluation it does look like they might be too rare now.

Just went around collect bunch of pine nut, keep getting either 0 or 2 havent got 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
insiqmeyer

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:19 am

Yeah not quite sure what to do about the nuts now to be honest. I mean I think my thought process was that if you are in a spruce forest you have SO many pincones at your disposal is it really so bad if you have to run through a fair number of them to laod up an inventory of pine nuts.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby insiqmeyer » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:23 am

yeah I don't mind, just wanted to point it out, anyway what about the shellfish trapping skill? i assume it is to make trap, but i can already craft those without the skill so not sure if it is working as intended or does it unlock secret stuff?
insiqmeyer

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:23 am

insiqmeyer wrote:yeah I don't mind, just wanted to point it out, anyway what about the shellfish trapping skill? i assume it is to make trap, but i can already craft those without the skill so not sure if it is working as intended or does it unlock secret stuff?

Not working as intended. Will be fix'd next patch.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby DeepSixed » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:29 am

JohnCarver wrote:Yeah not quite sure what to do about the nuts now to be honest. I mean I think my thought process was that if you are in a spruce forest you have SO many pincones at your disposal is it really so bad if you have to run through a fair number of them to laod up an inventory of pine nuts.

JC- You incorporated nuts into the potted process. Could it be only 'new' trees will carry the benefits vs legacy stuff?

Also- how do you include Hypothermia into a server w/o animals? Bring them over already or set a deadline for Darwoth to end it all or lose it all.

Finally~!

Had someone tell me tonight- it's over when it's over... and I got to thinking about J.C. same way. (Junction City vs JC- no overlap intended). When you get around to finishing off that POS exhibition you call an expedition then I might decide to quit; but I'll never give up my town until it's done.

Just saying.
DeepSixed

Postby saltmummy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:32 am

Found one of your mammoths JC and managed to get the goods from it. Now I just need to figure out how to get the goods out of these blocks of ice. Maybe I just have to wait?
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:33 am

saltmummy wrote:Found one of your mammoths JC and managed to get the goods from it. Now I just need to figure out how to get the goods out of these blocks of ice. Maybe I just have to wait?

Oh grats! That was quick! no screenshots for everybody? Also I would just melt the ice if I were you :).

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Darwoth » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:37 am

DeepSixed wrote:Also- how do you include Hypothermia into a server w/o animals? Bring them over already or set a deadline for Darwoth to end it all or lose it all.

ho ho ho what makes you think that that YOU are going to get any animals?

also what does the hypothermia mechanic have to do with popham animals other than nothing?
Darwoth

Postby saltmummy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:45 am

JohnCarver wrote:
saltmummy wrote:Found one of your mammoths JC and managed to get the goods from it. Now I just need to figure out how to get the goods out of these blocks of ice. Maybe I just have to wait?

Oh grats! That was quick! no screenshots for everybody? Also I would just melt the ice if I were you :).

I headed out to the mountain near my place to test hypothermia stuff and found this. I melted the ice on the campfire, it's gonna take finding a bunch of these mammoths if I want that cape. I got three blocks of frozen mammoth flesh, but I guess I got unlucky cuz I didn't get a tusk though.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements