Patch 1.2.1 Cold Shoulder

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 1.2.1 Cold Shoulder

Postby Kralith » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:01 am

Wearing Salem Wiki: Christmas Stockings don't add a value to Thermal for the feet slot!

ChristmasStockings.PNG
ChristmasStockings.PNG (31.87 KiB) Viewed 5518 times

Does it mean it don't count for wearing shoes?
Salem Wiki (PM me if you need help with editing)
Report corrections and new things here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kralith
Customer

Postby Rifmaster » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:18 am

I feel like this patch has created the problem of everyone wearing the same clothing again.
Remember when everyone wore Admiral uniforms, musketeer hats and nobleman capes?
Yeah well now with the addition of thermal some clothing is just straight up better than other clothing, despite having the same amount of slots.
This will result in everyone wearing the same, high slot, high thermal clothing.
Correct me if I'm wrong though and clothing with the same slots has the same thermal value, I haven't checked a lot of clothing.
Rifmaster

Postby Heffernan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:19 am

Rifmaster wrote:I feel like this patch has created the problem of everyone wearing the same clothing again.
Remember when everyone wore Admiral uniforms, musketeer hats and nobleman capes?
Yeah well now with the addition of thermal some clothing is just straight up better than other clothing, despite having the same amount of slots.
This will result in everyone wearing the same, high slot, high thermal clothing.
Correct me if I'm wrong though and clothing with the same slots has the same thermal value, I haven't checked a lot of clothing.

i though Thermal clothes were only for snowy monuntains and not needed otherwise?
Heffernan

Postby Paradoxyc » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:26 am

Welcome back JC <3
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Tulgarath » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:45 pm

Heffernan wrote:JCpls cant fill a Flask on a Well :P

also with liquids being more powerfull now can we get a Fine Leather Flask that uses like 10 Fine and stored 5-10l?

Flasks at 5-10L seriously? And if MORE powerful, why would he increase what you can carry? ?
Tulgarath

Postby Heffernan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:16 pm

Heffernan

Postby DarkNacht » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:58 pm

Can't wait for heat stroke to be added to the game.
DarkNacht

Postby Tulgarath » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:24 pm

DarkNacht wrote:Can't wait for heat stroke to be added to the game.

Wonder how well those naked thieves will do in the stocks.
Tulgarath

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:25 pm

Rifmaster wrote:I feel like this patch has created the problem of everyone wearing the same clothing again.

I actually thought it might have the opposite effect. Some clothing that you wouldn't otherwise make or wear might raise up in priority because it is high thermal. I'm not sure going with the highest thermal in every category is going to be the best idea since some other clothing might be easier to make and spam with max slots than the high thermal gear. Thus bringing clothing that otherwise was unrepresented up to the front and on player characters. We can wait to see but that was the general idea. Also as Heffernan said, Hypothermia is only any issue in cold snaps, and even then if you are not in snow a minimal amount of clothing will get you through 'most' winters unless you are snow exploring. I imagined players would have a whole mannequin with a separate set of gear just for snow exploration which I thought would be a fun thing.

You are too good at this game.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Heffernan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:50 pm

JohnCarver wrote:

I actually thought it might have the opposite effect. Some clothing that you wouldn't otherwise make or wear might raise up in priority because it is high thermal. I'm not sure going with the highest thermal in every category is going to be the best idea since some other clothing might be easier to make and spam with max slots than the high thermal gear. Thus bringing clothing that otherwise was unrepresented up to the front and on player characters. We can wait to see but that was the general idea. Also as Heffernan said, Hypothermia is only any issue in cold snaps, and even then if you are not in snow a minimal amount of clothing will get you through 'most' winters unless you are snow exploring. I imagined players would have a whole mannequin with a separate set of gear just for snow exploration which I thought would be a fun thing.

You are too good at this game.

did nt you say each patch will add a new store item/furniture? ¦]

also dont forget about top10 stuf its been 9 months, not sure how its calculated tho. :P
Heffernan

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements