Patch Warnings 1.2.1

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch Warnings 1.2.1

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:35 am

Nsuidara wrote:to be honest, this change does not bother me ...

Bother me balansce recipe,
mean min-max points, time f&f, reduce
and restore
is unbalance for cost recipe

Tenderboiled Terrine Any Raw Steak x2, Any Garlic x1, Onion x2 -
~65% pure give ~130 points for biles,
f&f 45 min
Reduces Game Meat by 15% with 35% chance
but pain is cooking 6h in Pot + Fireplace is fire stop.. you must restet cooking...

Deviled_Beaver
Any Raw Steak x1
Raw Beaver Cut x1
Devil's Wort x1
~70% pure give ~100 points ?
f&f 3h
Reduces Game Meat by 25% with 15% chance

one recipe need
3 items (2 meat and 1 flower) - made fast, instant
5 items (2 meat and 3 flower) - made slow (6h)
and difference points ? ~15 points ? so unbalance and PAIN!
next

Humble Meat Pie - meybe easy made... but 5h f&f and Reduces Game Meat by 80% with 70% chance - can i ask ? why this food exsist ? not good regen biles? not good for gluttony ?

so many recipe is pain :)

I really welcome food balance issues and would love for people to PM me foods you think are not balanced and I can review it. As for this example though. The devilved beaver is 3H F&F while the terrine is only 45 minutes? So its intended that the deviled beaver is more spammable.

As for pies, they were originally intended to be a good gluttony food if you didn't care about that food group or the F&F timer all that much. I mgiht need to re-evaluate though as they have not been looked at for some time.

Justme5 wrote:Thanks for the warning. I don't mean to be a bother here, but do we have a timeframe estimate? It's a busy weekend, so just want to make sure I get things cooked and used before the update. Thanks!

Patch scope got a bit out of control. As of now I would estimate within first two weeks of april. Pretty safe to say patch wont' drop by March 31st.

As for a bit of insight. The patch requires a fairly healthy investment into the way we save and persist characters. IN a perfect world I would be able to make it so that they 'unload' with the map. This would let me let characters generally 'persist' be them frozen in ice, hung from a tree, or sitting in teh stocks. I'm sure savvy players have realized that stocked players do not make it through a server restart, which is very unfortunate. If I can find a solution to this problem then that will let me 'persist' your characters in the world in numerous other ways as well.

The path to this solution is not clear to me at the moment though and is the big reason for the delay on this patch.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby nosfirebird » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:08 am

JohnCarver wrote:If I can find a solution to this problem then that will let me 'persist' your characters in the world in numerous other ways as well.

does this mean one day our toons would stay in world asleep with the possiblity of a raider coming in and hugging our sleeping bodies to perma death? :lol:
nosfirebird

Postby Justme5 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:38 am

Justme5 wrote:Thanks for the warning. I don't mean to be a bother here, but do we have a timeframe estimate? It's a busy weekend, so just want to make sure I get things cooked and used before the update. Thanks!

JohnCarver wrote:Patch scope got a bit out of control. As of now I would estimate within first two weeks of april. Pretty safe to say patch wont' drop by March 31st.

Thank you!
Justme5
Customer

Postby gustavohvg » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:37 pm

Thank you again and again for the delay. I would loose maybe 6h of gameplay used to hoard meat
Main char: Alcabitus
gustavohvg

Postby Nsuidara » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:55 pm

No bo tak jest... Masakra jakas, on nie mysli o graczach, tylko rozwija swoje chore pomyslyy

I talked with a friend about Salem...
and i said "JC zabija Salem :D" - "JC killing Salem :D"
my firend said "No bo tak jest... Masakra jakas, on nie mysli o graczach, tylko rozwija swoje chore pomyslyy"
"Well, because it is... The massacre of some sort, he dont thinks about the players, only develops its his sick ideas"

i agree :P
Last edited by Nsuidara on Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby gorniksam » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:57 pm

Nsuidara wrote:No bo tak jest... Masakra jakas, on nie mysli o graczach, tylko rozwija swoje chore pomyslyy

I talked with a friend about Salem...
and i said "JC zabija Salem :D" - "JC killing Salem :D"
my firend said "No bo tak jest... Masakra jakas, on nie mysli o graczach, tylko rozwija swoje chore pomyslyy"
"Well, because it is... The massacre of some sort, he dont thinks about the players, only develops its sick ideas"

i agree :P

lol, who said that?
gorniksam

Postby Dodgen » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:22 am

Hum, so we are possibly making salt worth a little bit more? If we are going to need good bits of salt, would it be possible to make stockbins able to store salt? Lots (if not all) other mineral type items are storeable in stockbins, so why not make salt storeable too?
Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Dodgen

Postby Judaism » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:24 am

This patch really hurts me and would only push for a BBU system on almost all of the food types.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Taipion » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:07 am

Just some thoughts on the "spoils"...

- sounds logical that meat spoils after a while (but then again, you would never argument in such a way in a game, especially not this game)
- meat alone does not hurt much, but if meat spoils, soon other things will spoil, too

=> Sooner or later, most food will spoil after a while
=> You only have a certain timeframe for preparing a gluttony session
=> Leftovers will be mostly wasted, as it wont do much good to gobble an alt just a few points
after all, wasted food = wasted work, and you will waste a bit, or risk not getting the best out of your feasting set / session

thinking a bit further...

=> All in all, it will make gobbling slightly more difficult, which does not effect all the chars that already are at high humors

=> Your gobble session will not be limited by your tech/tiers/% or even infrastructure, but mostly by how much time you can invest in that timeframe

=> This pushes the spoils of gobbling further into the "i can invest time" corner, away from the "i can use my brain" corner

=> Or it adds more work to delay the spoling, meaning more work to achieve the same = not good

This whole thing might not have much of an effect at all, hard to tell at this point, but one thing is sure, there will be more work needed to achieve something that is worse than what we have now.
(Prepare meat as you used to + more work to make it last longer = it will still spoil sooner or later, right?)
That means, added work, but no added benefit, no, on the contrary.

All in all I dare to say, spoiling food is something we don't really need in Salem.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby saltmummy » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:29 am

Announcement that meat will spoil = everyone assuming that all foods spoil and throwing a huge fit about it.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements