Patch Warnings 1.2.1

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch Warnings 1.2.1

Postby Nsuidara » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:50 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:
jakhollin wrote:How do you plan to address the long cook time of tenderboil tenderloin? 6 hours of cooking just for it to rot the next day is not preferable.

This kind of attitude is why I'm against warning you all about things like this. He said it will spoil. He didn't say it will spoil the very next day, but you're all trying your level best to make a huge deal out of it. Making wild guesses, assuming your guesses are fact, and then getting incensed over your imagined 'facts'. Calm down.

add new content ... ouh isnt nw content, you revamp/change always exsist content and change change change - good or bad... this is bad

you give feasting set need 500+ for effective got more biles... but must store so much food... but is now...
if meat rot 3 weeks... my opinion be so fast.. i made terrines 2 week now (because i dont play so much times... dont have time) and now my work 2 weeks be waste because someone wanna revamp food..

this game isnt "fast play style" and this game isnt "Dont Strave" this game need many times for made good character and good home(other things) but you add content so fast die character, or lose things...

meybe change thinks ? i not cry... but changes going for kill this game... this game dont have so many people...
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Claeyt » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:58 pm

Guys, Guys, Gals....

We saw this coming. He mentioned meat foods going rotten as far back as December. Fruit foods have been going rotten for months now. Relax. It makes the game more interesting. It makes it harder to glutton into the 1000's if you can't save it for weeks so it helps noobs and mid level players. It's another check on Titans so I'm for it. It forces players to vary their food so I'm for it for that to.

Eat it up and then prepare to save as much salt as you can because I bet salt packed meat will last for months.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby KruskDaMangled » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:23 pm

Claeyt wrote:Guys, Guys, Gals....

We saw this coming. He mentioned meat foods going rotten as far back as December. Fruit foods have been going rotten for months now. Relax. It makes the game more interesting. It makes it harder to glutton into the 1000's if you can't save it for weeks so it helps noobs and mid level players. It's another check on Titans so I'm for it. It forces players to vary their food so I'm for it for that to.

Eat it up and then prepare to save as much salt as you can because I bet salt packed meat will last for months.

Actually properly cured meat can last basically indefinitely. They might add some way of doing it via salt and/or drying racks, we already have smokers, although that's high end.
KruskDaMangled

Postby Dallane » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:25 pm

Claeyt wrote:Guys, Guys, Gals....

None of this is true lol. "Titans" have NEVER been a problem. Right now a 50bile alt can kill 300-1000+ bile combat character and it has been proven on multiple occasions. This just adds more grind to the game since we have no other information to go off as it is. Casual players are going to have a much harder time getting biles. Just depends on your play schedule.

Don't even get me started on fruit.

I suggest everyone stop being cry babies and wait and see what actually gets released. Then ***** about it.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Tulgarath » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:32 pm

True, it is surely part of a larger system, but I hope that gluttony changes come with it soon because the current system and meat spoiling will be a pain (on its own..don't know the other changes).
Tulgarath

Postby saltmummy » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:00 am

Oh hell! All my bear and venison D:
Please say there will be a system for salting/drying meat later?
but, as claeyt says;
Claeyt wrote:It makes the game more interesting. It makes it harder to glutton into the 1000's if you can't save it for weeks so it helps noobs and mid level players. ... It forces players to vary their food so I'm for it for that to.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby KruskDaMangled » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:10 am

You must eat all of the Bear Ass now, before it spoils. :lol:
KruskDaMangled

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:13 am

Kralith wrote:Hmmm... okay, it makes sense that meat will spoil.
But it makes sense too, to get some possibilities to make meat more durable.
With Salt and smoked or dried.
Such meat should spoil much slower then the fresh one.

There will be a way to prevent/delay the spoiling. I"m just not entirely sure that EXISTING meat will weather the change yet and feel that you guys should eat and/or use as much existing meat as you can just incase it cannot transition into the new mechanics for preservation.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Ike » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:26 am

WTS purity meat :lol:
Ike

Postby Nsuidara » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:38 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Kralith wrote:Hmmm... okay, it makes sense that meat will spoil.
But it makes sense too, to get some possibilities to make meat more durable.
With Salt and smoked or dried.
Such meat should spoil much slower then the fresh one.

There will be a way to prevent/delay the spoiling. I"m just not entirely sure that EXISTING meat will weather the change yet and feel that you guys should eat and/or use as much existing meat as you can just incase it cannot transition into the new mechanics for preservation.

to be honest, this change does not bother me ...

Bother me balansce recipe,
mean min-max points, time f&f, reduce
and restore
is unbalance for cost recipe

Tenderboiled Terrine Any Raw Steak x2, Any Garlic x1, Onion x2 -
~65% pure give ~130 points for biles,
f&f 45 min
Reduces Game Meat by 15% with 35% chance
but pain is cooking 6h in Pot + Fireplace is fire stop.. you must restet cooking...

Deviled_Beaver
Any Raw Steak x1
Raw Beaver Cut x1
Devil's Wort x1
~70% pure give ~100 points ?
f&f 3h
Reduces Game Meat by 25% with 15% chance

one recipe need
3 items (2 meat and 1 flower) - made fast, instant
5 items (2 meat and 3 flower) - made slow (6h)
and difference points ? ~15 points ? so unbalance and PAIN!
next

Humble Meat Pie - meybe easy made... but 5h f&f and Reduces Game Meat by 80% with 70% chance - can i ask ? why this food exsist ? not good regen biles? not good for gluttony ?

so many recipe is pain :)
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements