Patch Warnings 1.2.1

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch Warnings 1.2.1

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:18 pm

Keep in mind, this is a thread for warnings, so you'll be prepared when something changes that you might find difficult to have sprung on you suddenly. Meat storage isn't really something you need to be warned about, is it?
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby xsarfax » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:23 pm

I see :D Destroy the most popular gluttony food :D
Meat will get rot... but only meat ? So bread, mushrooms, FISH - not ?
Someone want make furious crowd ¦] ¦] ¦]
xsarfax

Postby jcwilk » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:24 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:Keep in mind, this is a thread for warnings, so you'll be prepared when something changes that you might find difficult to have sprung on you suddenly. Meat storage isn't really something you need to be warned about, is it?

Would be great to know if poultry and sledded animals are included in that warning though, together they probably make up a as great or a greater impact for most players than sliced and stored game meat.
JohnCarver wrote:This way no matter how bad my day gets, a text message that one of you died to madness always seems to brighten it.
jcwilk

Postby core1984 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:29 pm

Why is everyone crying, you don't even know after how many days or weeks the game meat will spoil but you are already crying and asking for meat storage etc. And comparing to real life as you saying the old ones also had ways to store their meat, yes they had but they stored it for one season max a year, not a 20 year period. Even today I would gladly see if someone of you goes to store and asks for a 10 year old stake
core1984

Postby gustavohvg » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:42 pm

Hell no, I'm with 200 tenderboiled terrine which I was expecting to glutton with a new alt later (with a better feasting set)

Do rabbits rot too? =|
Main char: Alcabitus
gustavohvg

Postby jakhollin » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:58 pm

JohnCarver wrote:*Meat Spoils. Do not be caught having large amounts of game meat after the patch. Also anything that counts as the "game meat food group" will probably also spoil after this patch. I would advice against hoarding large amounts of hunting meat and gluttony it all.

How do you plan to address the long cook time of tenderboil tenderloin? 6 hours of cooking just for it to rot the next day is not preferable.

Also I assume you are adding ice that we can keep our meats longer as long as there is ice in an ice chest.

In addition smoked meats should not expire also since they are like jerky and stay good for a long while.
jakhollin

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:00 pm

jakhollin wrote:How do you plan to address the long cook time of tenderboil tenderloin? 6 hours of cooking just for it to rot the next day is not preferable.

This kind of attitude is why I'm against warning you all about things like this. He said it will spoil. He didn't say it will spoil the very next day, but you're all trying your level best to make a huge deal out of it. Making wild guesses, assuming your guesses are fact, and then getting incensed over your imagined 'facts'. Calm down.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Paradoxyc » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:03 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:
jakhollin wrote:How do you plan to address the long cook time of tenderboil tenderloin? 6 hours of cooking just for it to rot the next day is not preferable.

This kind of attitude is why I'm against warning you all about things like this. He said it will spoil. He didn't say it will spoil the very next day, but you're all trying your level best to make a huge deal out of it. Making wild guesses, assuming your guesses are fact, and then getting incensed over your imagined 'facts'. Calm down.

My guess is that food will spoil faster in the Everbloom, and slower in the Cold Snap OR maybe it will be a seasonal rotting, where you have until the end of the season to eat.

My speculation, only opinion of course
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby jakhollin » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:21 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:This kind of attitude is why I'm against warning you all about things like this. He said it will spoil. He didn't say it will spoil the very next day, but you're all trying your level best to make a huge deal out of it. Making wild guesses, assuming your guesses are fact, and then getting incensed over your imagined 'facts'. Calm down.

Sorry not intending for a huge deal just trolling for information is all. Making some guesses about the ice we saw in the teaser. Also I shouldn't have had a "how" in that question that was just a a blanket question on cook times versus the spoil.

Either way a change is a change and I know to use my tenderboils now. Thanks for the heads-up. :D
jakhollin

Postby Nikixos » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:34 pm

Kralith wrote:Hmmm... okay, it makes sense that meat will spoil.
But it makes sense too, to get some possibilities to make meat more durable.
With Salt and smoked or dried.
Such meat should spoil much slower then the fresh one.

I like this idea, make a container like the compost bin but we need to fill it with salt and then we can store meat there, it should have a lot of spaces
Image Image
Nikixos

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements