Patch Warnings 1.2.1

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch Warnings 1.2.1

Postby gorniksam » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:34 pm

jcwilk wrote:
Nsuidara wrote:all player use meat game food... now this group destroy too...

If all players choose to use game food and ignore all the other food groups then maybe that's indicative of game meats needing a nerf anyways?

LOL, but why people choose it? Cos it's easy to make and they have more time to make other things and have fun in this game.
With all next patch game start be more sucks. Raiding going sucks and carebears can be happy by this.
I remember time when i joined to game about 2 years ago, i was afraid to go out my base cos someone can kill me. I died like a 5 times don't even have 50 billies. Game was a survival. Where is this fear, this thrill? Probably almost all noticed less players in game.
Now game start harm for newbies and hermits.
I'm not sure which patch is worse, about spoiling of meat or this one about raiding.
gorniksam

Postby Nephilim » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:40 pm

Can we store dead animals or will they spoil too?
Will we get a storage for meat ? Like basement etc.
Nephilim

Postby Forungi » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:46 pm

Nephilim wrote:Can we store dead animals or will they spoil too?
Will we get a storage for meat ? Like basement etc.

This. We should be able to conserve the meat for a longer duration than default, like people did in the old timey days.
Forungi

Postby Kralith » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:47 pm

Hmmm... okay, it makes sense that meat will spoil.
But it makes sense too, to get some possibilities to make meat more durable.
With Salt and smoked or dried.
Such meat should spoil much slower then the fresh one.
Salem Wiki (PM me if you need help with editing)
Report corrections and new things here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kralith
Customer

Postby jcwilk » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:50 pm

gorniksam wrote:Now game start harm for newbies and hermits.

There's plenty of food besides game meats that are great for gluttony that will last well past the "newbie" phase. Besides, it's not like newbies have massive amounts of space for storage so if they're doing anything with it then it probably wouldn't spoil anyways.

As for hermits, I'm a hermit and I hate doing game meat... It's an unavoidably active gathering activity (hunting) which is not scalable and draws no benefit from elapsed time (eg, farming can be optimized to benefit from only being done every few days which if you have a day job might be all you have time for on top of all the other chores).

I've always seen game meats as kind of a nolifer thing or a village thing with a full time hunter, now it'll be even more so. For everyone else, if they want to compliment their other food groups with some meat then nothing's stopping you from going hunting the day before your glut session rather than the week before. If you're really depending on meat as much as you say then you probably go through it quickly enough that spoiling won't affect you that much after you adjust your process a bit anyways.
JohnCarver wrote:This way no matter how bad my day gets, a text message that one of you died to madness always seems to brighten it.
jcwilk

Postby Nephilim » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:56 pm

I am happy with the update if we get means to make meat storage.
Nephilim

Postby gorniksam » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:57 pm

jcwilk wrote:
gorniksam wrote:Now game start harm for newbies and hermits.

There's plenty of food besides game meats that are great for gluttony that will last well past the "newbie" phase. Besides, it's not like newbies have massive amounts of space for storage so if they're doing anything with it then it probably wouldn't spoil anyways.

As for hermits, I'm a hermit and I hate doing game meat... It's an unavoidably active gathering activity (hunting) which is not scalable and draws no benefit from elapsed time (eg, farming can be optimized to benefit from only being done every few days which if you have a day job might be all you have time for on top of all the other chores).

I've always seen game meats as kind of a nolifer thing or a village thing with a full time hunter, now it'll be even more so. For everyone else, if they want to compliment their other food groups with some meat then nothing's stopping you from going hunting the day before your glut session rather than the week before. If you're really depending on meat as much as you say then you probably go through it quickly enough that spoiling won't affect you that much after you adjust your process a bit anyways.

Game should let you choose: you wannabe hermit or play in group, you wanna eat meat or vegatables.
You can be hunter, farmer, miner etc. If 90% of players will be hunters JC will raise blood of animals and more chance for permadie for monsters to make people doing something different? This is stupid, this game just going to be more sucks
Last edited by gorniksam on Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gorniksam

Postby Forungi » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:01 pm

Nephilim wrote:I am happy with the update if we get means to make meat storage.

Agreed. That addition would compliment it perfectly!
Forungi

Postby Nsuidara » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:09 pm

Forungi wrote:
Nephilim wrote:I am happy with the update if we get means to make meat storage.

Agreed. That addition would compliment it perfectly!

JC never said "make meat storage" he said... meat be broken/rot/s...

This game got slow agony of death.. because new player not come.. old player run...
I do not want anything to mark, but Salem plays a lot of adults ... and as you know adults work, have children and other things

For me i work... and i not have so many times for play this game because this game not offer many types "fun thinks" but this game got many "not fun thinks" ...
I do not buy things in the store to keep the game rolling down ... just developed, especially that now is the season for the game of survival, in addition increasingly fajniejszych wants to go out into the world

Example game name Lux https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ch ... ac-xb1-ps4
so ...
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby reeper_aut » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:16 pm

same time frame as on fruits?
reeper_aut

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements