Salem Customer Rewards

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Salem Customer Rewards

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:38 am

Greetings Salemites,
We have a bit of a controversial change to our general disbursement of nice things and payment model. For those who were curious it was becoming a bit more of an epidemic where players would log on a half dozen or more accounts prior to in-game events to try to earn extra tokens, gifts, unique prizes, or just general generosity we try to exhibit. Instead of encourage this general abuse we have decided to create a realtime database of store customers of sorts.

So as of right now there were 2,632 Customers. A customer is defined as anybody who has spent RL money on our store. This means that those who spend in-game stock certificates are not eligible as it actually needs to be a 'real' transaction to get your account added to this list. Once you have an account on this list, when we hand out nice things as defined above it will now only go to THAT list regardless of active playtime.

For the foreseeable future we are going to try this and see how it works out. We also reserve the right to use this list for future mechanics that we have always wanted to do but couldn't "Because players will simply spam 1000 accounts and abuse it". The new metric to combat general account spam will to be only those who have spent $1.00 or more on our store will be eligible.

I have taken this opportunity to test out the technology by pushing our Valentines Day Present to all 2,632 customers via the Postmaster.

Since I sprung this on you last minute. Anybody who feels slighted by not knowing this is how we were going to handle Valentines day presents may make a store purchase, PM me what you bought, and I will manually push you the present as well.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Re: Salem Customer Rewards

Postby Lusewing » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:14 am

This is an interesting change and I have to say that I am glad to see it, particularly if it will let you develop new mechanics. ^.^ Happy Valentines JC and all of Mortal Moments.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Dallane » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:16 am

Heff is going to be devastated.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby saltmummy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:21 pm

I can't say that I like it, but at the same time I feel a bit like buying something now.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby Shrapnel » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:24 pm

Its a change that puts the devs minds at ease that future mechanics of Salem will have a slightly lower chance of alt abuse.

Plus more cool stuffs for people who support Salem! :D
Shrapnel
Customer

Postby saltmummy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:29 pm

Aya, my friend already bought a tool (got the one we wanted too.) Bah, when I think about it, it isn't really that bad a thing.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby Nikixos » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:41 pm

Thanks for the present you guys are the best :)
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby Paradoxyc » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:46 pm

This is great! I think this is a good incentive for people to support the game. Kinda like a membership but not necessary for anything :D
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Procne » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:46 pm

sounds like premium version of salem
Procne

Postby Tulgarath » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:09 pm

Procne wrote:sounds like premium version of salem

ONE DOLLAR! ! come on lol. ..premium
Tulgarath

Next