A Small Change to Forum Rules

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

A Small Change to Forum Rules

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:51 am

As requested by John in response to a few incidents earlier today, I have added a rule to the forum rules:

2.15. Do not lie about bug abuse on the forums. Players my not lie on the forums about any issue related to incidents or potential incidents of bug abuse, or any other issue related to actions that are bannable in game. We believe in free speech and wish you to have the freedom to debate issues here, but we also do not want false claims about the game to discourage new people from even trying Salem. Therefore, false or libelous statements regarding players escaping judgement or punishment for in-game bannable offenses will now result in a ban.

As stated in the rule above, we'd rather new players not be pushed away by thinking the devs are unfair in their dealings with players. Please take a moment to read and understand this rule. If you find it confusing, you make ask about it here or in a PM to me.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Re: A Small Change to Forum Rules

Postby Flame » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:26 pm

Players my not lie on the forums about any issue related to incidents or potential incidents of bug abuse, or any other issue related to actions that are bannable in game

That's legit.

by thinking the devs are unfair in their dealings with players.

That's vague.
Devs can be unfair in many ways, without touch the bug thing, as they are human and have immaginaiton. The rule is pretty clear about what is bannable, but your statement can be read as a wider danger. Yeah, i know that was unintentional.
Just to point out that the doubt may come up in some player mind, preventing them to talk about a real dev abuse that the staff would like to know.

You my want to add a "or any other breaking rules issue related to actions that are bannable in game" (with a correct english... i think i wrote it wrong. XD)

You don't need to, though. It could come in handy in the future, anyway.
Flame

Postby Kandarim » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:25 pm

i do think this is written a bit too vague. Players may not intentionally be lieing about this, and simply discussing their point of view. While you devs know for sure whether or not bug abuse has happened, the sporadical wave of name calling seems to have its place on these forums, as does spreading false information.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:11 pm

good, maybe i will finally not have to waste time reading ***** from retards like the kzerg and the russians who accuse me of **** left and right while they themselves have never done anything but abuse every bug they find and usually against me, then you have the russian retards like LOMS that would have never accomplished anything in this game without all of their private botting clients (he told me all about them when he thought i was someone else, he then told me about all the "favortism" that "darwoth gets" because of **** like the borderstone change that was in for 6+ months and probably several longer before i even discovered it AND would have ***** me up at my auth towns worse than most people had someone else discovered it first :lol: :lol: :lol:
Darwoth

Postby Heffernan » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:20 pm

Darwoth wrote:good, maybe i will finally not have to waste time reading ***** from retards like the kzerg and the russians who accuse me of **** left and right while they themselves have never done anything but abuse every bug they find and usually against me, then you have the russian retards like LOMS that would have never accomplished anything in this game without all of their private botting clients (he told me all about them when he thought i was someone else, he then told me about all the "favortism" that "darwoth gets" because of **** like the borderstone change that was in for 6+ months and probably several longer before i even discovered it AND would have ***** me up at my auth towns worse than most people had someone else discovered it first :lol: :lol: :lol:

what would you even bot in salem? wtf
Heffernan

Postby Dallane » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:21 pm

Heffernan wrote:
Darwoth wrote:good, maybe i will finally not have to waste time reading ***** from retards like the kzerg and the russians who accuse me of **** left and right while they themselves have never done anything but abuse every bug they find and usually against me, then you have the russian retards like LOMS that would have never accomplished anything in this game without all of their private botting clients (he told me all about them when he thought i was someone else, he then told me about all the "favortism" that "darwoth gets" because of **** like the borderstone change that was in for 6+ months and probably several longer before i even discovered it AND would have ***** me up at my auth towns worse than most people had someone else discovered it first :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quite a few things it turns out.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Darwoth » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:26 pm

Heffernan wrote:

planting pots and fields for one, which explains why almost every large russian village i have seen have their **** in the exact same layout, nothing new though the russians way back on jamestown used to bot the ***** out of lime and cutting trees. as someone that does not use bots i can tell you it take about 2 hours to fully do a repetition of about 1200 pots, so when the russians have more than that and are turning them over daily with virtually zero time investment it demonstrates the a small portion of the potential with the overall problem along with their laughable hypocrisy.
Darwoth

Postby Heffernan » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:37 pm

Darwoth wrote:
Heffernan wrote:

planting pots and fields for one, which explains why almost every large russian village i have seen have their **** in the exact same layout, nothing new though the russians way back on jamestown used to bot the ***** out of lime and cutting trees. as someone that does not use bots i can tell you it take about 2 hours to fully do a repetition of about 1200 pots, so when the russians have more than that and are turning them over daily with virtually zero time investment it demonstrates the a small portion of the potential with the overall problem along with their laughable hypocrisy.

maybe should tell this jc since he does not like manual botting on AFK characters.
Heffernan

Postby Icon » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:39 pm

So he can do something about the people who no longer play? We totally need a task force for this
Icon

Postby Darwoth » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:45 pm

Heffernan wrote:maybe should tell this jc since he does not like manual botting on AFK characters.

he already knows, most of the retards doing it have gone back to haven to ruin that. that was one the reasons LOMS was ***** about quitting when he thought i was someone else :lol:

because if he gets caught botting in haven jorb and loftar dont care, where if he gets caught here he will get banned, then he comes to the forum to cry about **** like blocking shots with houses which is not only not an exploit/bug but he also used it on me first when i was blowing up his raider village :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Darwoth

Next

Return to Announcements