A Small Change to Forum Rules

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: A Small Change to Forum Rules

Postby Judaism » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:00 pm

Darwoth wrote:then you have the russian retards like LOMS that would have never accomplished anything in this game without all of their private botting clients.

I want this person banned according to this new section of the new rule:

TotalyMeow wrote:2.15. Players my not lie on the forums about any issue related to incidents or potential incidents of bug abuse, or any other issue related to actions that are bannable in game.

Also, this rule is as shieet as it gets.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Hose » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:09 pm

Judaism wrote:
Darwoth wrote:then you have the russian retards like LOMS that would have never accomplished anything in this game without all of their private botting clients.

TotalyMeow wrote:2.15. Players my not lie on the forums about any issue related to incidents or potential incidents of bug abuse, or any other issue related to actions that are bannable in game.

They won't ban him because he is darwoth.
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Postby Heffernan » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:16 pm

Judaism wrote:

but the rule is about lying what if hes telling the truth?
Heffernan

Postby Darwoth » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:19 pm

Hose wrote:They won't ban him because he is darwoth.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

or because i am not making up **** and/or implying nonexistent favortism the way judaism and the rest of you morons have done for two years as part of your all you can eat buffet of sour grapes.
Darwoth

Postby Dallane » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:22 pm

Guys please don't actually start doing what Meow just said not to do. If you need clarification on the new ruling then post it here but please do not derail.

Heffernan wrote:but the rule is about lying what if hes telling the truth?

Then someone won't be banned.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Hose » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:28 pm

Dartwat the almighty lord of the rednecks responded to me, am i speshul nao??? :o :o :o :o
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Postby Kandarim » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:49 pm

so either Darwoth is telling the truth, and LOMS + a bunch of russians should be banned in-game for botting, or Darwoth is lieing and he should be banned on the forums for lieing about a bannable offense? Either way, this is going to be good.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:03 pm

Hose wrote:Dartwat the almighty lord of the rednecks responded to me, am i speshul nao??? :o :o :o :o

you have always been quite special.

Darwoth

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:21 pm

Flame wrote:
by thinking the devs are unfair in their dealings with players.

That's vague.
Devs can be unfair in many ways, without touch the bug thing, as they are human and have immaginaiton.

That sentence isn't part of the new rule though. I'm saying we don't want people thinking there is favoritism regarding bug abuse in the game because there is none, and we don't want people believing such falsehoods and then leaving this game they might have loved.

Kandarim wrote:i do think this is written a bit too vague. Players may not intentionally be lieing about this, and simply discussing their point of view. While you devs know for sure whether or not bug abuse has happened, the sporadical wave of name calling seems to have its place on these forums, as does spreading false information.

I may edit it if it's too vague. You are welcome to suggest an alternative wording. Perhaps I can reword it to remove the 'lying' part as some players may be lying, while some are just repeating heresay. Either way, what they are saying is false as there is no favoritism going on. If you do have a question about a bug or suspect someone of bug abuse, John is always happy to answer PMs.

Judaism wrote:

Kandarim wrote:so either Darwoth is telling the truth, and LOMS + a bunch of russians should be banned in-game for botting, or Darwoth is lieing and he should be banned on the forums for lieing about a bannable offense? Either way, this is going to be good.

Neither the russians, nor LOMS are being allowed to bot clients. Neither is Darwoth saying that we allowed it. In fact, he's saying we didn't; that's why those players aren't as active or have left entirely. However, these discussions ARE skirting the edges the new rule and I'll lock the thread if it continues as I'd prefer not to ban all of you.

I do think the spirit of this rule has been made clear and that what we intend is perfectly clear in the wording of the rule. I will think on it though.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Previous

Return to Announcements