Patch Warnings for Upcoming V1.2.0

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Patch Warnings for Upcoming V1.2.0

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:21 am

Greetings Salemites,
Here are things I am considering that by creation of this thread you now have warning about.

*Toolbelts, Backpacks, and Mannequin issues have gone on for too long. Going to be addressing this sooner than later, however, my solution is to simply not have backpacks and toolbelts transfer. The 'problem' with this implementation is then there is an incentive to manually take off belts and equip slotted belts for min-maxing a civilian artifice bonus which defeats the purpose of the mannequin ease of use. Since I have wanted to add more diverse artifacts similar to the silver platter recently implemented which will begin a power creep of sorts I've decided that I will re-purpose all existing belts to either be tool belts or possibly aux. belts with other non-slotting functionality. This way, in ALL cases you do not want to transfer your belt similar to how in all cases you do not want to transfer your keys to a mannequin. Players are highly encouraged to cut up their belts and attempt to remove the artifacts from them prior to this change. Once belts lose their slots the artifacts in them will be destroyed.

*I may choose to change the ladder UP in the next patch. This may also mean that things near said ladder will get lost inside it, be destroyed, or otherwise have bad effects happen to them. Do not keep anything within a 3 tile radius of your ladders in your mines for awhile just to be safe.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Re: Patch Warnings for Upcoming V2.0.0

Postby Judaism » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:23 am

Any estimates before when this needs to be done ?
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:24 am

Judaism wrote:Any estimates before when this needs to be done ?

I plan on pushing the mannequin changes WITHOUT the belt changes. But I said V2.0.0 to show that it will definitely be something I intend to put in for the next 'bigger' patch. I would say 7-37 days is your window.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Tulgarath » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:37 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Judaism wrote:Any estimates before when this needs to be done ?

I plan on pushing the mannequin changes WITHOUT the belt changes. But I said V2.0.0 to show that it will definitely be something I intend to put in for the next 'bigger' patch. I would say 7-37 days is your window.

I love the window... will go thru my belts, thank you.
Tulgarath

Postby MaxPlanck » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:40 am

Should I be worried about losing the tools in my master toolbelt with this change if I leave the tools in the belt or only belts that were originally for slotting?
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:44 am

Only belts that are for slotting are getting adjusted.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby jcwilk » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:05 am

Tulgarath wrote:I love the window...

+1, quality deving
JohnCarver wrote:This way no matter how bad my day gets, a text message that one of you died to madness always seems to brighten it.
jcwilk

Postby Taipion » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:07 am

I do welcome the changes to belts.

But I don't like how this plays out, first of all, removing slots from belts reduces all our gears efficiency by a fair amount, which will likely not be compensated by you through adjusting how much each artifice does...

Note: Considering the average number of slots we lose on our gear, I assume 10% number of slots, and you know the first slots take the best artifices, it would be good to buff all artifices by 10-15% (like, add +15% to each stat, rounded down).

On the other hand, I welcome more artifices even though it requires us to constantly redo all our equip to keep up as you add more stuff, still, on the above note, it would be good to somehow compensate the loss of slots as it would be a straight nerf to all clothing sets otherwise.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:25 am

Not to nitpick, but the objects you put in things are artifacts. The skill bonuses you get out of them are artifice. They maybe could have been better named. :roll:
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby LOMS » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:43 am

JC, I doubt that you will left less slots in those belts then quantity of artifacts, that we are able to slot in them. So you could do this the hard, but more professional way - instead of deleting, just put all slotted artifacts in new belt's inventory.
LOMS

Next

Return to Announcements