Salem V1.1.8 Windmill Revamp

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem V1.1.8 Windmill Revamp

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:54 am

Amk wrote:i can now have 3k flowers in one shed :P

Indeed you can :). It comes with the burden of juggling your containers and they are quite specific in what they can carry. But after playing with them for a bit on the test server I found that it was not ALL that difficult to keep myself organized.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Iracus » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:56 am

What skills are needed to craft these mystical sacks?
Iracus

Postby Amk » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:57 am

i already have my setup for it so it won't be to difficult to keep them organized. i also don't plant a wide variety of plants though so for someone who does it may be a bit harder to stay organized. Later on though you could also have it to put the picture of what flower is being used kinda like the stock bins show whats in them.
Amk

Postby Bjebr » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:27 am

Sacks sounds like a very strong improvment ! Just like the overhaul of inventory (from24 limited spaces to weight item) , we will have to see in the long term if it's not too strong

But I didn't yet found out how to put bellpepper in my bellpepper sack ^^

Edit : Found it , right clicking the back open a secondary window.

JohnCarver wrote:*Rams now have a rare chance to have a Teasel stuck in their wool when you sheer them.
*Sheep now provide approx 35% more wool when sheered during a cold snap. Up from 25%

1/ That's good that Ram got a bonus from sheer (usually Ram give less wool , so I usually didn't sheer them)
2/ That's good to know there's a bonus during Cold Snap ... For me it was only "Blue bar" : for exemple you have 35 in blue bar , first sheer gave 3 wool , a week later second sheer gave 4 wool , a week later again third sheer gave 3 wool ; and I don't think i ever experienced something different than that , but I didn't keep track in which season we were when i sheer my sheep (I suppose the "4" in previous exemple can come from Coldsnap instead).

Here's today [we are under cold snap on Popham] experience :
Ram 37 (sick but not sick) out : gave 2 wool
Sheep 38 in Church : gave 4 wool
Sheep 37 in Church : gave 4 wool
Sheep 38 in Church : gave 4 wool
Ram 44 in Church : Gave 1 wool
Sheep 39 in House : Gave 3 wool
Sheep 45 in House : Gave 5 wool
Ram 40 in House : Gave 1 wool

Bjebr
Bjebr

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:03 am

The two Ram's at one wool and 40+ Productivity seem a bit odd.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Bjebr » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:19 am

39 sheep giving 3 wool with a +35% bonus sounds not really good either. I will keep track of them for a few weeks.
Bjebr

Postby Justme5 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:19 am

Love the new sacks! Thanks devs!! Can I also suggest... a sack that stores nuts? And maybe a barrel we can shove salt in eventually?
Justme5
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:21 am

There is a 0% chance that at some time I will not release my nustack for you guys. I think players who know me, know this :). Also I've been strongly considering moving salt to a substance like pepper instead of its existing implementation of being an item.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Kandarim » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:26 am

Justme5 wrote:Love the new sacks! Thanks devs!! Can I also suggest... a sack that stores nuts? And maybe a barrel we can shove salt in eventually?

you are just reminding JC of his own brilliant ideas.
In this case, I can vouch for the truth of the JC's nutsack.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Justme5 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:34 am

JohnCarver wrote:There is a 0% chance that at some time I will not release my nustack for you guys. I think players who know me, know this :). Also I've been strongly considering moving salt to a substance like pepper instead of its existing implementation of being an item.

And though I was careful how I worded it, I knew it would be twisted, lmao. Well we surely appreciate your generosity. :lol:

If salt is moved to a substance will that still allow for it to be found in the wild?

Kandarim wrote:In this case, I can vouch for the truth of the JC's nutsack.

:lol:
Justme5
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements