Salem V1.1.8 Windmill Revamp

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem V1.1.8 Windmill Revamp

Postby Procne » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:10 am

Over time all foods will be turned into ones requiring ingredients from Popham, unless the ark is built. In extreme scenario Providence will start to starve, waiting for the salvation from Popham
Procne

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:25 am

Procne wrote:Over time all foods will be turned into ones requiring ingredients from Popham, unless the ark is built. In extreme scenario Providence will start to starve, waiting for the salvation from Popham

I can always count on Procne to just 'get me'. :)
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby reeper_aut » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:43 pm

just that there are false assumptions involved!
i'd reckon that ppl would start playing other games than going to popham. you can't really force anyone to play there than on providence or other games!
reeper_aut

Postby Flame » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:55 pm

The ark task is a nice game in the game. A challenge.
Watch out, though, to not turn it into a knife against yourselves.
Flame

Postby Taipion » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:08 pm

JohnCarver wrote:*Tamale now takes Raw beef cuts.

Thx for nerfing % corn husks out of existance. -.-

JohnCarver wrote:*Cornmeal Bluegill has had its food debuff values adjusted been significantly nerfed.

FIFY
No seriously, why? Were the two values mixed up and always intended to be like that? Should have had more food like that instead of taking it out.

Gotta try out the other stuff...

[edit:] Let's see if the other changes make those recipes worth it...
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:11 pm

it was intended to be like all other food of its tier with the 40% chance to lower by 20%. The fact it was 20% chance to lower by 40% was just a reverse. What makes that food special is that it is the T2 food values for only :15 FF where most food at that level is :30.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Goodman12 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:16 pm

JohnCarver wrote:*Tamale now takes Raw beef cuts.

OMG how could you!!!!!!!!
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby Taipion » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:22 pm

JohnCarver wrote:it was intended to be like all other food of its tier with the 40% chance to lower by 20%. The fact it was 20% chance to lower by 40% was just a reverse. What makes that food special is that it is the T2 food values for only :15 FF where most food at that level is :30.

And I kind of dislike at it, that the fish itself is totally irrelevant for the %, though both the corn and oil are, even though it is that good.
I mean, it's not like I am selling % nets for fishtrap, well, actually I am, some of the best and probably the far cheapest of that % you can get, but that is totally not the point! :lol:

And what about those poor % corn husks?! They used to be a factor in tamale %, I guess they still are, but even IF we had popham animals on providence, it does mean tamale will see much less love as you can't produce domestic meat as easy as you can get bear meat (whereas the bear meat is (was) not even relevant in the tamales %, so you did not even need a good knife!).
Seriously, corn husks need a new job!
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:26 pm

I can add a 'shipment' building on providence that if filled up with 500,000 Corn Husks gives the people of Popham 1,000 boards towards their ark?

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Heffernan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:28 pm

JohnCarver wrote:I can add a 'shipment' building on providence that if filled up with 500,000 Corn Husks gives the people of Popham 1,000 boards towards their ark?

that would be awesome if we providence people could help the popham, maybe make 5-10 boats that accept different materials?
Heffernan

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements