Salem V1.1.8 Windmill Revamp

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem V1.1.8 Windmill Revamp

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:18 pm

JohnCarver wrote:There is a 0% chance that at some time I will not release my nustack for you guys. I think players who know me, know this :).

I feel like this is a great place for a few excerpts off my Skype from the other day for all of you who might wonder what it's like to discuss a new idea with John:
Attachments
DevConvo.png
DevConvo.png (14.6 KiB) Viewed 6963 times
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Heffernan » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:21 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:There is a 0% chance that at some time I will not release my nustack for you guys. I think players who know me, know this :).

I feel like this is a great place for a few excerpts off my Skype from the other day for all of you who might wonder what it's like to discuss a new idea with John:

Heffernan

Postby MarpTarpton » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:18 pm

omegaedgar01 wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:
Paradoxyc wrote:What the * is this? ¦]

Its a shiny piece of glass on a post. Don't ask me why but the crows don't like it.

It was the best I could get out of Marp who didn't want you guys to have a non-store option in the first place :)

Why you hate us, Marp?

I had to decide whether or not to provide a version of Scarecrows players could construct that looked passable or delay it until my schedule allowed for a better model. I built the existing one between the models/animations for the first and second floor of the windmill grinder during our last development crunch. As with most nice gestures, I am swiftly regretting my decision to bend to the community outcry and with every complaint about the model, I push off updating it by another week.

Please continue to feed my procrastination with the decadence of your salty tears you petulant children.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby Argentis » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:56 pm

MarpTarpton wrote:
I had to decide whether or not to provide a version of Scarecrows players could construct that looked passable or delay it until my schedule allowed for a better model. I built the existing one between the models/animations for the first and second floor of the windmill grinder during our last development crunch. As with most nice gestures, I am swiftly regretting my decision to bend to the community outcry and with every complaint about the model, I push off updating it by another week.

Please continue to feed my procrastination with the decadence of your salty tears you petulant children.

Personally I don't care if you push some placeholders models to feed us with new mechanics or to balance out existing ones. As long as they don't eternally remain placeholders and are replaced after a fashion (a 2 week deadline seems ok?), I don't see where the problem is. After all we are not playing Salem for the graphics (though it helps to have a good looking models as they are) but for the mechanics. It's not Cry Engine 6.
Argentis

Postby MarpTarpton » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:11 pm

Argentis wrote:(a 2 week deadline seems ok?)

Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby Zapt13 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:18 pm

I have no problem with the present model. It is easily differentiable from other objects, it has a generously small hitbox, and can be built very close to other things (I was able to plant mine near-enough to compost bins so as to not affect my planting pathing). Its construction requirements are easily inferred and it's not really too costly. Even as a hermit I was able to protect my "important" fields without much inconvenience.

Make a new model whenever you get around to it. In my experience the "nice to have" things rarely get done (I'm guilty of so much of this in my professional career that it's embarrassing), but if it does ever get updated the satisfaction will be immense.

Thank you for the non-cash opportunity to protect our fields from crows!
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby Kralith » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:26 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:

HAHA!

But, guess what Mus(c)hi means in german! ¦]
Salem Wiki (PM me if you need help with editing)
Report corrections and new things here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kralith
Customer

Postby Procne » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:42 pm

Argentis wrote: After all we are not playing Salem for the graphics (though it helps to have a good looking models as they are) but for the mechanics. It's not Cry Engine 6.

I heared Darwoth is playing Salem on a text terminal, like in Matrix, simultaneously running 14 clients on single monitor.
Procne

Postby Kandarim » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:55 pm

that's coming to the masses soon :)
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby jakhollin » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:13 pm

Zapt13 wrote:I have no problem with the present model. It is easily differentiable from other objects, it has a generously small hitbox, and can be built very close to other things (I was able to plant mine near-enough to compost bins so as to not affect my planting pathing). Its construction requirements are easily inferred and it's not really too costly. Even as a hermit I was able to protect my "important" fields without much inconvenience.

Make a new model whenever you get around to it. In my experience the "nice to have" things rarely get done (I'm guilty of so much of this in my professional career that it's embarrassing), but if it does ever get updated the satisfaction will be immense.

Thank you for the non-cash opportunity to protect our fields from crows!

I mimic that statement. I do not mind the graphic as it matches exactly what the materials are. Now if I could just plug some copper wires up to it and use the solar energy of the never setting sun to power the finery forge I would be even more happy. ¦] But honestly the graphic matches exactly what it is I say leave it. Why come up with new art to replace art that represents the digital reality of the item.
jakhollin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements