Salem V1.1.8 Windmill Revamp

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem V1.1.8 Windmill Revamp

Postby Taipion » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:39 am

JohnCarver wrote:hmmmmm... There is a berry restore :). Its the lollypop from pinatas!

Which is totally mass produceable like nutcracker suites with red bellpeppers for game meat... :P
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Abimael » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:05 am

Just a thought....

Since the questionably effective scarecrow is glass on a pole, it could be used to light a torch (slowly), like a magnifying glass. If it took the same amount of time to gather the ingredients and craft a tinder drill or two, it would not take away from the convenience of flint and steel, but would certainly be a more fun way to light a fire.

It could also be used to make sizzled bugs while adding insanity.
Abimael

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:06 am

Abimael wrote:Just a thought....

Since the questionably effective scarecrow is glass on a pole, it could be used to light a torch (slowly), like a magnifying glass. If it took the same amount of time to gather the ingredients and craft a tinder drill or two, it would not take away from the convenience of flint and steel, but would certainly be a more fun way to light a fire.

You sir, are quite a genius. Although I think I shall ask marp for a specific item that does this :).
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby jcwilk » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:07 am

Abimael wrote:could be used to light a torch (slowly), like a magnifying glass

Maybe only during everbloom?
JohnCarver wrote:This way no matter how bad my day gets, a text message that one of you died to madness always seems to brighten it.
jcwilk

Postby Nikixos » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:08 am

Lol the burning bugs and insects with the glass idea is pretty good but it should give a madness inspirational like the blood shard.
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby salemwutwut » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:22 pm

now just need a bird cage and some domestic birds to sing and lay eggs
salemwutwut

Postby Taipion » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:07 pm

JohnCarver wrote:

You sir, are quite a genius. Although I think I shall ask marp for a specific item that does this :).

And how about a magnifying glass item/tool for that purpose?
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:38 am

Mini Update #2
--------------------------------------------------
*Players may now craft Sacks. Before you go asking for sack of nails and/or every single sack in the game keep in mind that I'm hoping to limit this to categories related to the gardening profession alone. Other storage options may be needed by other professions, but I am not convinced 'sacks' is the solution for all storage woes all the time.

*Mannequins will no longer take your backpacks or your tool belts. Check upcoming patch warning for future changes to belts in general. Mannequins still have a few quirks as related to this change, mostly graphical in nature. This also caused us to have to entirely disable belt graphics, but again given that belts are going through an overhaul soon I'm ok with this as a temporary solution to get least get the mannequins to a place where we can test and see if their new functionality is indeed a vast improvement.

*Tool Belts now have more slots. They were originally implemented in a day and age where you had less tools. Now that there are simply more tools in the game it felt reasonable that they scaled more appropriatley.
*Fixed a bug with Divisionating Slimes that was causing them to divisionate far less than they should.
*Dropping Wild Sled now makes a sound.
*Dropping Regular Sled now makes a sound.
*Dropping a Canoe now makes a sound.
*Picking up a Canoe now makes a sound.
*Removing a stashed item from a canoe now makes a sound.
*Majestic Tailfeather now provides Flora & Fauna in place of Arts and Crafts
*Justice Points for throwing food at players in the stocks now varies based on what food is being thrown at them.
*Curious Cabbage now adds more Stocks when studied.
*Curious Cabbage now mini food restore for Vegetable Food Group.
*Franklin Bar now has a higher chance to restore all food groups.
*Franklin bar now restores potato food group.
*Franlkin Bar now restores fruit food group
*Franklin Bar now restores domestic meat food group.
*Fixed a bug in Gingerbread Men.

Popham
-------
*it now requires sheep herding to sheer a sheep
*Rams now have a rare chance to have a Teasel stuck in their wool when you sheer them.
*Sheep now provide approx 35% more wool when sheered during a cold snap. Up from 25%
*Fix'd a bug where female pigs were not butchering correctly and were exhibiting similar bugs Male Pigs had earlier.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby honeymilk » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:52 am

JohnCarver wrote:*Players may now craft Sacks. Before you go asking for sack of nails and/or every single sack in the game keep in mind that I'm hoping to limit this to categories related to the gardening profession alone. Other storage options may be needed by other professions, but I am not convinced 'sacks' is the solution for all storage woes all the time.

This is awesome, Amk just had an orgasm from seeing it ingame!
honeymilk
Customer

Postby Amk » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:53 am

i can now have 3k flowers in one shed :P
Amk

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements