Salem V1.1.8 Windmill Revamp

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem V1.1.8 Windmill Revamp

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:45 am

We have an industry around harvesting salt if we do decide to switch it up to substance based.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Justme5 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:04 am

JohnCarver wrote:We have an industry around harvesting salt if we do decide to switch it up to substance based.

I see, makes sense. Thanks for taking the time to respond and being so forthcoming with ideas and info!
Justme5
Customer

Postby HolyLight » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:52 am

JohnCarver wrote:We have an industry around harvesting salt if we do decide to switch it up to substance based.

Boil sea water ?

New kinds of boulders from quarrys ?
HolyLight

Postby jcwilk » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:30 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Also I've been strongly considering moving salt to a substance like pepper instead of its existing implementation of being an item.

Have you considered moving woodchips to being a substance? Was thinking about this the other day. They're somewhat useful for a lot of things (fish traps, farming, torches, surveys, torchposts) and are often required in large quantities so I usually end up just keeping all the chips I encounter in my inventory which don't really weigh anything but it's just kind of weird since they're too useless to store taking up 1 space each, and things that make them still only give 2 for each 1 spot they take up.

Would be awesome if they were stackable like a substance but maybe it's not worth the effort?
JohnCarver wrote:This way no matter how bad my day gets, a text message that one of you died to madness always seems to brighten it.
jcwilk

Postby MaxPlanck » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:37 pm

jcwilk wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:Also I've been strongly considering moving salt to a substance like pepper instead of its existing implementation of being an item.

Have you considered moving woodchips to being a substance? Was thinking about this the other day. They're somewhat useful for a lot of things (fish traps, farming, torches, surveys, torchposts) and are often required in large quantities so I usually end up just keeping all the chips I encounter in my inventory which don't really weigh anything but it's just kind of weird since they're too useless to store taking up 1 space each, and things that make them still only give 2 for each 1 spot they take up.

Would be awesome if they were stackable like a substance but maybe it's not worth the effort?

Turning wood chippings into a kg system like bonemeal does sound nice.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby jcwilk » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:56 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Players may now craft Sacks.

Ugh, flower sack alone makes salem nearly half as painful <3

Berry sack would be very welcome in addition if you guys have time! :)
JohnCarver wrote:This way no matter how bad my day gets, a text message that one of you died to madness always seems to brighten it.
jcwilk

Postby Heffernan » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:20 pm

jcwilk wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:Players may now craft Sacks.

Ugh, flower sack alone makes salem nearly half as painful <3

Berry sack would be very welcome in addition if you guys have time! :)

it would be nice if the flower sac would change its picture depending of the flower inside (and a generic one if multiple differents inside)

@JC my townmate asks if we could have a Sack for Coarse Salt?
Heffernan

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:41 pm

Heffernan wrote:@JC my townmate asks if we could have a Sack for Coarse Salt?

Request denied. If you ask me however for my salty sack you might just win me over.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Heffernan » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:43 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
Heffernan wrote:@JC my townmate asks if we could have a Sack for Coarse Salt?

Request denied. If you ask me however for my salty sack you might just win me over.

for a tophat id gladly ask for your salty sack.. ¦]
Heffernan

Postby omegaedgar01 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:00 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
Paradoxyc wrote:What the * is this? ¦]

Its a shiny piece of glass on a post. Don't ask me why but the crows don't like it.

It was the best I could get out of Marp who didn't want you guys to have a non-store option in the first place :)

Why you hate us, Marp?
Mortal Moments Loves You
omegaedgar01

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements