Salem V1.1.7 Couch Potato

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem V1.1.7 Couch Potato

Postby Hose » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:23 am

POTAToE
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Postby Taipion » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:44 am

JohnCarver wrote:*Drying Frames in Mortars have been nerfed.

They definitely were too powerful! ¦]

JohnCarver wrote:*Rye Bread no longer requires salt.

Now that changes a lot...

JohnCarver wrote:*Running bellows now requires phlegm.

You really had to do this, huh?! How much is it?
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby salemwutwut » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:52 am

no scarecrow item, lol... logged in to another farm trashed... the precedent this is making makes me pessimist about what's next
salemwutwut

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:56 am

salemwutwut wrote:no scarecrow item, lol... logged in to another farm trashed... the precedent this is making makes me pessimist about what's next

Please forward all scarecrow related complaints to Marp ¦]
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby salemwutwut » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:47 am

lol Marp pls, i think i lost about 2000 seeds and had to break farm rotation because of the seed requirements... the spring shop item makes sense, it's a luxury and you don't lose work or items... the scarecrow is pay2win level chinese
salemwutwut

Postby belgear » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:29 am

thank you for the rye bread adjustment
belgear
Customer

Postby jcwilk » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:59 am

JohnCarver wrote:If players have prayed to a statue, when trying to pray again the system message will display how much time is remaining before they can do so.

Awesome! Super useful thanks, not much fun to wait around having to keep checking it before being able to voyage back home.

Really appreciate all the recipe adjustments too, don't remember ever seeing a game have such rapid/continuous refinement particularly so late into development.
JohnCarver wrote:This way no matter how bad my day gets, a text message that one of you died to madness always seems to brighten it.
jcwilk

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:25 am

Well, while I appreciate the praise it is important to remember that given the sheer volume of content and magnitude of systems we attempted to implement for a small team during our beta push, I found that many of our systems, designs, and ideas lacked both polish and balance. There was always this general notion that I would comb back through aspects of the game with a heavy focus on making sure things made sense. Unfortunately, that never happened. Better late than never I suppose but I've been trying to spend about 4-6 hours a day going over each system of Salem in all stages of character growth and making sure that it felt rewarding. Most of the adjustments you see me making are when I feel that either the incentive is too high to do one particular action over another, or when I see a recipe that I in good conscience just cannot bring myself to ever craft.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Kandarim » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:29 am

JohnCarver wrote:
salemwutwut wrote:no scarecrow item, lol... logged in to another farm trashed... the precedent this is making makes me pessimist about what's next

Please forward all scarecrow related complaints to Marp ¦]

please find a falcon form in the 2016 road map when you do.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Judaism » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:28 pm

JohnCarver wrote:I do believe that if we created a large incentive for players to 'sit around on couches' all day then we have actually taken a large step backwards in the 'fun' category. As such, this is a novelty little item you can put in your house that while restoring yellow bile has a chance to proc 1,000 inspiration. So if you are otherwise just chatting it up with somebody, you may as well do so from a couch. However, it is not efficient nor intended for this to be some kind of pay2win way to get inspiration back considerably faster.

That sucks, I woud've been in the mood for this. It would still require active playing in order to counter the madness gain. I am afk all the time nowadays simply to gain age and some inspiration along the way woudn't be bad.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements