Salem V1.1.7 Couch Potato

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem V1.1.7 Couch Potato

Postby MarpTarpton » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:43 pm

Tulgarath wrote:
Don't forget to add something shiny on a stick for us to add near enemy fields so that we can ATTRACT crows to fields. :)

I like this idea way better than adding a player-made scarecrow. Yes, this instead.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby salemwutwut » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:54 pm

So badass in a non carebear way, lets hope you actually deliver this hardcore substitution. I feel my chest hair growing already.
salemwutwut

Postby MaxPlanck » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:52 pm

MarpTarpton wrote:
Tulgarath wrote:
Don't forget to add something shiny on a stick for us to add near enemy fields so that we can ATTRACT crows to fields. :)

I like this idea way better than adding a player-made scarecrow. Yes, this instead.

I wouldn't mind this, now i can farm free Stocks and Cultivator inspirational without even trying.
But if we are trying to attract crows it shouldn't be shiny, it should be like a dead body. Yes...Lets pretend these are tiny vultures! >:3
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby jakhollin » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:04 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:
MarpTarpton wrote:
Tulgarath wrote:

I wouldn't mind this, now i can farm free Stocks and Cultivator inspirational without even trying.
But if we are trying to attract crows it shouldn't be shiny, it should be like a dead body. Yes...Lets pretend these are tiny vultures! >:3

I am pretty sure crows like fried chicken and pork more.

jakhollin

Postby Flame » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:52 am

Offline damage from enemy players that cannot be avoided if you don't pay money to salem for a scarecrow.

Nope. Bad idea, or incomplete idea.
Go around and add signs to destroy others fields without any chance to defend yourself is a massive trolling act that adds nothing to the fight.

If any attractive items will be added, then Player needs a free scarecrow. Weaker or whatever, but is a must.
If no attractive items are added, it's still possible to play with others fields when someone is offline and the "defence" would be to build a HUGE wall to prevent the map from loading. Which is metagame but also the only way, in case you aren't interested into use money for a scarecrow instead of something else.

Something is wrong in this system, atm. Player have only a chance to defend themselves, and it involve off-game mechanisms in both cases.

Edit:
But now that i remember, crows can't move from field to field, wich lower the problem of trolling. Or, at least, ther's need of a good quantity of boredom to attempt to spawn a crow per field. XD
'Still, the problem will be real if a crow attract item is added before a makeshif scarecrow is implemented.

That's my point of view.
Flame

Previous

Return to Announcements