Popham Winnings

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Popham Winnings

Postby Judaism » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:09 am

honeymilk wrote:Wether the 666pp was true or not, really high biles or not. Darwoth definitely played it smart and made a lot of players scared and some good entertainment along the way :lol:

He did played it smart and obviously deserves the victory and the 666 pp was a good troll. I just think that the devs shoud've been alot more open about many things. For example by not giving information about the server status or the requirements they ruled out the last bit of competition that was still around.

The whole issue was for me personally that Darwoth was untraceable, there shoud've been methods to locate the witch and do something about it, there just was not on Popham which wiped out all motivation after he already was a t3 witch. There was not a single reason to further play at that moment since he already prayed to most statues except some unclaimable ones. That made winning on almost all 2nd prices without a timer over the last year just silly in my opinion.

I asked for tracking methods prio to when the inevitable had happened, sadly it didn't happen. For future expeditions town locations and valuable characters can't possibly stay hidden, the server is by far too large for that and the fact that it took very long for almost all people to find all statues confirms that.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Tulgarath » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:18 am

As far as I know, Darwoth tracked down all but one town, and the statues. Seems a group could have coordinated with much greater success. Plus, the fact that all of his towns were quote large and named after him, seems to indicate finding him wouldn't be so difficult. Passing by one of his towns, 50+ Leantos were clearly visible from the border and I don't think he ever built above a stone wall. That might have been a good place to start. No one wanted to attack him, but it was clearly possible, especially with canons.

Not sure why tracking was needed.
Tulgarath

Postby Judaism » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:23 am

Tulgarath wrote:As far as I know, Darwoth tracked down all but one town, and the statues. Seems a group could have coordinated with much greater success. Plus, the fact that all of his towns were quote large and named after him, seems to indicate finding him wouldn't be so difficult. Passing by one of his towns, 50+ Leantos were clearly visible from the border and I don't think he ever built above a stone wall. That might have been a good place to start. No one wanted to attack him, but it was clearly possible, especially with canons.

Not sure why tracking was needed.

Stop the b/s dude. Back then he didn't have those towns, I am still referring to prio the inevitable. You are not going to play hide and seek, I have done it very often and without scents its pretty much impossible if you know what you are doing. Your arguments stating that you should trace and destroy all towns on the server to find a specific leanto which probaly woudn't be there anyway if you're active.

Even if you manage so, you still can't murder the character anyway, he had no scents out for a summon and surely woudn't logout elsewhere than town.

Lastly, there was no way you could know which character was his t3 witch, it wasn't public or anything so you woudn't even know which pclaim/leanto to search for, so yes tracking methods for any competition would certainly be something good IMO for people that are capable of ending the server.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:52 am

Popham unsuspended.

All data at point of winner saved. T3 Witch will come out of stasis this week then finish her travel to Providence.

Sometime this week it is the target to get all the animals and current patch workings live on prov as well. Sorry for delay.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Nsuidara » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:53 am

I know only one think...
probably Dwaroth, only he do know how to become a witch T3 and he do play in Phopan
and last ~5 months Pophan only Dwaroth working for WIN Phopan,
and few other player play... but's immposible for finish ark...

I remember when devs or mods... said somebody can finish ark easy....
I think for around 10 player isn't possible so fast and easy finish...
if this ~10 players play around between 8 and 16 hours ... meybe ...

but the question is that why was one big ark?
game that supports the betrayal and independent style play.... mean... all player style think "other finish ark, i use only" ...

I do not know what JC had the goal - but was FAIL for new player, for player who play but don't know about salem all...
meybe it's easy got T3 ... but if you know the basics of mechanics "how find something"

but GG Dwaroth you do great JOB for this many months for keep all :) GJ and GG!!!
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:19 am

judaism is just mad that i am yet again the man.

also the ark really wasn't very hard, just a bunch of boards and it was in a safezone so there was no cooperation or coordination needed, just everyone to throw some boards on it. if there was a separate prize for it and a way for one player to "win" building it (such as leaderboard for people that put the most stuff in or something) i would of built it by myself before ending the server.
Darwoth

Postby Reviresco » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:29 am

True story: Curiosity finally got the better of me and I decided to make a few characters on Popham. Darwoth tutorial aborted the second one by winning the server. He is mean even by accident.
Reviresco

Postby Dallane » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:58 am

Nsuidara wrote:I know only one think...
probably Dwaroth, only he do know how to become a witch T3 and he do play in Phopan
and last ~5 months Pophan only Dwaroth working for WIN Phopan,
and few other player play... but's immposible for finish ark...

I remember when devs or mods... said somebody can finish ark easy....
I think for around 10 player isn't possible so fast and easy finish...
if this ~10 players play around between 8 and 16 hours ... meybe ...

but the question is that why was one big ark?
game that supports the betrayal and independent style play.... mean... all player style think "other finish ark, i use only" ...

I do not know what JC had the goal - but was FAIL for new player, for player who play but don't know about salem all...
meybe it's easy got T3 ... but if you know the basics of mechanics "how find something"

but GG Dwaroth you do great JOB for this many months for keep all :) GJ and GG!!!

The ark is incredibly easy to finish. ITS BEEN ALMOST 2 YEARS SINCE POPHAM OPENED. The numbers he used to make the ark buildable were based on the current materials found in the game at that time. It was 100% pure laziness and selfishness that kept the ark from being built
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Nsuidara » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:04 am

Dallane wrote:The ark is incredibly easy to finish. ITS BEEN ALMOST 2 YEARS SINCE POPHAM OPENED. The numbers he used to make the ark buildable were based on the current materials found in the game at that time. It was 100% pure laziness and selfishness that kept the ark from being built

You can rly live in this false dream world...

but i agree, IF many player play in Phopan...

for me... i'm never find anyone Four-leaf Clover or
i'm never got Bear Paw
in this 2 year play...

i got furfur wing other stuff many times... but i never got few other thinks...
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Dallane » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:36 am

Nsuidara wrote:
Dallane wrote:The ark is incredibly easy to finish. ITS BEEN ALMOST 2 YEARS SINCE POPHAM OPENED. The numbers he used to make the ark buildable were based on the current materials found in the game at that time. It was 100% pure laziness and selfishness that kept the ark from being built

You can rly live in this false dream world...

but i agree, IF many player play in Phopan...

for me... i'm never find anyone Four-leaf Clover or
i'm never got Bear Paw
in this 2 year play...

i got furfur wing other stuff many times... but i never got few other thinks...

Just because YOU haven't gotten these things doesn't mean that they are unobtainable especially in a year and a half of that server.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements