Popham Winnings

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Popham Winnings

Postby Bjebr » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:24 pm

JohnCarver wrote:3) Players may build Cannons for quicker entry to fortified bases.

First time I see one , but I'm not sure it was used (canon's back turned to the wall ? ; closest wall undamaged further one destroyed ?) but my amazing (2 torchpost) defense probably didn't need it.
Rip little alt , you'll be missed ... or not !
Edit : He KO'd later , not linked with the Cannon , just login in an enemy claimed area.

@Nektaris : Players that defend statues have already their prizes : they can get the statue bonus every week, when others don't.

@Judaism : In my opinion the question is more "Could we have another winner (let's say the best ark builder or the best "statue-defender" or whatever) , if witches don't make it ?"

Bjebr

New Edit after the following Criminal Father answer: I knew it , I knew it .... I should have grabed some Deer Ticks before making some clothes !
I didn't know (or forgot maybe :D) you can move your cannon after firing.
Last edited by Bjebr on Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bjebr

Postby Father Latour » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:41 pm

Oh, I think I have the before shot of that. Looks like it shot through and through, then the hole was patched up on one side. :P
Father Latour
Customer

Postby Judaism » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:28 pm

Bjebr wrote:@Judaism : In my opinion the question is more "Could we have another winner (let's say the best ark builder or the best "statue-defender" or whatever) , if witches don't make it ?"

Popham will not end untill a witch ends it and therefore is the only true winner. There is no "if witches don't make it".
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby jcwilk » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:56 pm

Bjebr wrote:@Judaism : In my opinion the question is more "Could we have another winner (let's say the best ark builder or the best "statue-defender" or whatever) , if witches don't make it ?"

Personally, I was never arguing for another winner, just wished there was a way to keep track of who was contributing what to the ark so that we could do a material matching system or a pay-you-on-providence system or something like that... As a means not an end. I think the feeding an organic community driven system is more interesting than getting some statue anyways.
JohnCarver wrote:This way no matter how bad my day gets, a text message that one of you died to madness always seems to brighten it.
jcwilk

Postby MarpTarpton » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:08 am

A PENTAGRAM HAS BEEN ADDED TO TOWN. The witches are amongst us!
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby MarpTarpton » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:10 pm

The pentagram has been moved off claim a short ways, to the west of town, just south of the fighting pit. When asked why, the witch told me "Iͩ̑̿̌̍̌͢͏̳̱̬̖͈̭t̹̪ͦͧ ̩͎̙̼̞ͬ͝͡͝í̾̑͛ͪͯͯ҉̬̬̱̕ͅș͔̼͖͕̻͍̰̐͌ͮ̅ͨ͒̾͟ ̜̟͈̙̯͇ͤ͒͑ͧ̏̎ͥ͛̉b̴̧̟̱ͬ̒ͬ̃̒ͫ̋ȇ̛̑͟͏͍͎͎̳̝̹̜ͅy̜̝̦͐͛̇o̭̹̱̜̞̱̟̅͢n̷͙͖̺̂͛ͭͪͨͭ̀ḏ̛̰̠͙̹͙̻ͯ̂ͯ̓͛͝ ͙̟̩͕̜̞̺̄́́͘y̴̺͛ǫ̸̞̯̋̏̀̆̏̀͂uͧͩͫ͆ͧ̔͏͎r̦̞̜̬̣̊̈̀ͅ ̮̫̩͙͙͑̃͒ͧ͌͒̃̚͟͝m͚̖̺ͧ̀̕o̳̥̻̟̻͋̋͜͠ͅr̝̖̙̟ͣͬ͂̓̒͂͌͒́͟t͙̟̊ͤ͂͆͡a̴͚̽̄ͩ͊̅ͤ́l͆̈̉̇ͥͦ͡҉͇ ̯̹͍̥͎͗͞ḳ̹̪͖̤͎̉ͭ̽́ȩ̶̗̪͕͑͛͌͠n̨̖͇͍̳͕̞̰ͧ́̍͐̀ͅ,͉̝͉̤̓͋ͧ͂͆̒͟ ̣̜̼̳̖̥̱͈̫ͤ̾ͭ̓f̙̫̦͛͑͂͑ͭ̄ͧ͘͠o̐͂͏̨̻̗ͅö̦͙́ͭ̓͌̾ͨl̰̼̗͓͇̗̓̌͢͠!̼̖̰̻͋̑̓̊ͫ̂͒̊͘" and continued to move the stone.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby matan002 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:30 pm

MarpTarpton wrote:The pentagram has been moved off claim a short ways, to the west of town, just south of the fighting pit. When asked why, the witch told me "Iͩ̑̿̌̍̌͢͏̳̱̬̖͈̭t̹̪ͦͧ ̩͎̙̼̞ͬ͝͡͝í̾̑͛ͪͯͯ҉̬̬̱̕ͅș͔̼͖͕̻͍̰̐͌ͮ̅ͨ͒̾͟ ̜̟͈̙̯͇ͤ͒͑ͧ̏̎ͥ͛̉b̴̧̟̱ͬ̒ͬ̃̒ͫ̋ȇ̛̑͟͏͍͎͎̳̝̹̜ͅy̜̝̦͐͛̇o̭̹̱̜̞̱̟̅͢n̷͙͖̺̂͛ͭͪͨͭ̀ḏ̛̰̠͙̹͙̻ͯ̂ͯ̓͛͝ ͙̟̩͕̜̞̺̄́́͘y̴̺͛ǫ̸̞̯̋̏̀̆̏̀͂uͧͩͫ͆ͧ̔͏͎r̦̞̜̬̣̊̈̀ͅ ̮̫̩͙͙͑̃͒ͧ͌͒̃̚͟͝m͚̖̺ͧ̀̕o̳̥̻̟̻͋̋͜͠ͅr̝̖̙̟ͣͬ͂̓̒͂͌͒́͟t͙̟̊ͤ͂͆͡a̴͚̽̄ͩ͊̅ͤ́l͆̈̉̇ͥͦ͡҉͇ ̯̹͍̥͎͗͞ḳ̹̪͖̤͎̉ͭ̽́ȩ̶̗̪͕͑͛͌͠n̨̖͇͍̳͕̞̰ͧ́̍͐̀ͅ,͉̝͉̤̓͋ͧ͂͆̒͟ ̣̜̼̳̖̥̱͈̫ͤ̾ͭ̓f̙̫̦͛͑͂͑ͭ̄ͧ͘͠o̐͂͏̨̻̗ͅö̦͙́ͭ̓͌̾ͨl̰̼̗͓͇̗̓̌͢͠!̼̖̰̻͋̑̓̊ͫ̂͒̊͘" and continued to move the stone.

So the server is finally over soon huh?
Lachlaan wrote:The motherbats await a spanking, for the sake of fields.
matan002

Postby KruskDaMangled » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:18 am

matan002 wrote:
MarpTarpton wrote:The pentagram has been moved off claim a short ways, to the west of town, just south of the fighting pit. When asked why, the witch told me "Iͩ̑̿̌̍̌͢͏̳̱̬̖͈̭t̹̪ͦͧ ̩͎̙̼̞ͬ͝͡͝í̾̑͛ͪͯͯ҉̬̬̱̕ͅș͔̼͖͕̻͍̰̐͌ͮ̅ͨ͒̾͟ ̜̟͈̙̯͇ͤ͒͑ͧ̏̎ͥ͛̉b̴̧̟̱ͬ̒ͬ̃̒ͫ̋ȇ̛̑͟͏͍͎͎̳̝̹̜ͅy̜̝̦͐͛̇o̭̹̱̜̞̱̟̅͢n̷͙͖̺̂͛ͭͪͨͭ̀ḏ̛̰̠͙̹͙̻ͯ̂ͯ̓͛͝ ͙̟̩͕̜̞̺̄́́͘y̴̺͛ǫ̸̞̯̋̏̀̆̏̀͂uͧͩͫ͆ͧ̔͏͎r̦̞̜̬̣̊̈̀ͅ ̮̫̩͙͙͑̃͒ͧ͌͒̃̚͟͝m͚̖̺ͧ̀̕o̳̥̻̟̻͋̋͜͠ͅr̝̖̙̟ͣͬ͂̓̒͂͌͒́͟t͙̟̊ͤ͂͆͡a̴͚̽̄ͩ͊̅ͤ́l͆̈̉̇ͥͦ͡҉͇ ̯̹͍̥͎͗͞ḳ̹̪͖̤͎̉ͭ̽́ȩ̶̗̪͕͑͛͌͠n̨̖͇͍̳͕̞̰ͧ́̍͐̀ͅ,͉̝͉̤̓͋ͧ͂͆̒͟ ̣̜̼̳̖̥̱͈̫ͤ̾ͭ̓f̙̫̦͛͑͂͑ͭ̄ͧ͘͠o̐͂͏̨̻̗ͅö̦͙́ͭ̓͌̾ͨl̰̼̗͓͇̗̓̌͢͠!̼̖̰̻͋̑̓̊ͫ̂͒̊͘" and continued to move the stone.

So the server is finally over soon huh?

Maybe?

It depends if someone has actually prayed at all the statues.
It might also mean "there are witches now dog!"

But I could have sworn there was some indication of player witches a while ago.

On the other hand I know for a fact Cakewalk is still squatting on one of the statues. Which doesn't mean they might not have prayed there. The question in that case is why not have done so much sooner? They could have cashed out and screwed everyone else considerably earlier because several of the stones are not fortified, (one indeed, cannot be).

Someone might have also bought access, but this is all speculation, obviously. One would think that letting any Tom, *****, or Harry, pray ahead of your schedule or do it instead of you would not be that smart, but they WERE selling access before witchcraft was available. They might have sold later without realizing it, or done so based on private info that suggested the guy couldn't end things when he could.

Although, again, this would seemingly have happened sooner if someone could get to everything. There has been a lot of time.

But it's also the same way with witchraft. Someone could have gone everywhere on the map repeatedly by this point, so this seems late for a witch to occur the first time.
KruskDaMangled

Postby Tulgarath » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:17 pm

I was under the impression the witch had to be Tier 3 THEN pray at all of the statues.
Tulgarath

Postby reeper_aut » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:07 am

popham had bloodmoons month ago.
so there had to be witches!
reeper_aut

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements