Popham Winnings

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Popham Winnings

Postby jakhollin » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:26 pm

I will let you know soon. I am currently at 85% on one of my guys.
jakhollin

Postby Bjebr » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:41 pm

Inheritance was never exactly explained on that forum ; I always thought that it was not yet coded , and so JohnCarver let himself some time for adjustments if needed.

The few things i know :
- Family statue is capped itself at 100% : with another prayer it will (again) say 100%
- General inheritance will be capped at 100% : PM from Carver Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:13 am : Popham is capped at 100% inheritance.
- Atm you can't inherit a Popham character on Providence , if you're inheriting you'll be in Popham (without statue bonus) . No idea if the bonus will be "only for survivor" or " whoever was on Popham , but can be claimed only after Popham end"

Bjebr
Bjebr

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:46 am

More winnings added. Players may also use this thread to make suggestions on what they think the other leaderboard gifts should be.

Are there secondary winners or something for somebody other than the witch who ends it?
Yes, yes there is! Each member of the top 10 boards, for each leaderboard, will indeed win something special as well as have their names erected in a Salem Hall of Fame in either a thread here on the forums or possibly sometime you can read on the statue of the winner itself. I will make the details of these prizes made more clear as we determine them. To be clear. These are unique Popham-Won-only legacy items that will be available to their characters on Providence.

#1: Justice Leaderboard: Whip of Popham (Whip can be used an additional time at the Stocks).
#2: Scalp Leaderboard:
#3: Town Leaderboard:
#4: Book Leaderboard:
#5: Gluttony Leaderboard:
#6: Time Leaderboard:
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Judaism » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:55 am

Kinda does not make sense, dead white players do receive something, meanwhile dead old towns do not. Anyone not alive, should IMO not receive anything, whatever he is associated with.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Heffernan » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:57 am

JohnCarver wrote:More winnings added. Players may also use this thread to make suggestions on what they think the other leaderboard gifts should be.

Are there secondary winners or something for somebody other than the witch who ends it?
Yes, yes there is! Each member of the top 10 boards, for each leaderboard, will indeed win something special as well as have their names erected in a Salem Hall of Fame in either a thread here on the forums or possibly sometime you can read on the statue of the winner itself. I will make the details of these prizes made more clear as we determine them. To be clear. These are unique Popham-Won-only legacy items that will be available to their characters on Providence.

#1: Justice Leaderboard: Whip of Popham (Whip can be used an additional time at the Stocks).
#2: Scalp Leaderboard:
#3: Town Leaderboard:
#4: Book Leaderboard:
#5: Gluttony Leaderboard:
#6: Time Leaderboard:

scalp leaderboard: special cosmetic weapon
town leaderboard : town decoratives
gluttony leaderboard: golden pot with 30+ storagew to cook
time leaderboard: an item to spawns a pocket watch once per week
Heffernan

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:59 am

Judaism wrote:Kinda does not make sense, dead white players do receive something, meanwhile dead old towns do not. Anyone not alive, should IMO not receive anything, whatever he is associated with.

Well a dead white player would not be aging, so it seems to me that he would be at a handicap to win the longer the server draws out.

Besides Darwoth probably has 10 characters all aging at the same time near an alt playing an instrument after reading this post. Then he refuses to end it until he has the top 10 timekeeper spots, and actively kills all the white-hairs anyway right?
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:00 am

Heffernan wrote:scalp leaderboard: special cosmetic weapon
town leaderboard : town decoratives
gluttony leaderboard: golden pot with 30+ storagew to cook
time leaderboard: an item to spawns a pocket watch once per week

no
no
yes
maybe. Why not just a pocket watch you can use once a week tho?

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Tulgarath » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:32 am

#2: Scalp Leaderboard: Execution's Mask of Popham (Green?)
#3: Town Leaderboard: Monacle of Popham, I picture a Mayor looking like the guy on the Monopoly game board, so a monocle would be fitting. (give it a slot or two)
#4: Book Leaderboard: Unbreakable Quill
#5: Gluttony Leaderboard: I like the pot idea.
#6: Time Leaderboard: Allow them green hair on inherited char(s).

Green theme because of Greener Pastures patch name.
Tulgarath

Postby Heffernan » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:35 am

Tulgarath wrote:#1: Justice Leaderboard: Whip of Popham (Whip can be used an additional time at the Stocks).
#2: Scalp Leaderboard: Execution's Mask of Popham (Green?)
#3: Town Leaderboard: Monacle of Popham, I picture a Mayor looking like the guy on the Monopoly game board, so a monocle would be fitting. (give it a slot or two)
#4: Book Leaderboard: Unbreakable Quill
#5: Gluttony Leaderboard: I like the pot idea.
#6: Time Leaderboard: Allow them green hair on inherited char(s).

Green theme because of Greener Pastures patch name.

i could be wrong, but i think they want to keep green hair a developer exclusive to better identify them...(as trolls :o)
Heffernan

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:16 am

I like the idea of the monocle, just not sure what it would do exactly and I liked the idea of these rewards 'stacking' so that people would want to get top 10 on each expedition.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements