Happy New Year! 2016 Road Mappish

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Happy New Year! 2016 Road Mappish

Postby Justme5 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:47 am

salemwutwut wrote:-

on the sea side:
- Ghost ships

I like this idea. JC mentioned a whale being on the beach or something randomly... why not a ghost ship? A player has to make the choice to explore it or not to explore it. Since they cannot see what is inside, they don't know if there are rats, bats or maybe another hostile player who's already checking for what wealth the ship may or may not hold. Randomly a dead diseased body could be found so the player risks contracting a disease. Great rewards should carry great risks right?
Justme5
Customer

Postby jcwilk » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:11 am

JC - How about those caves you mentioned? Maybe that will be the new world? Though it doesn't sound as exciting as some of the other ideas for a new world (underwater world sounds cool, though it'd presumably need some sort of mechanism for not drowning lol) Frakked world, while just a joke, would be somewhat hilarious xD Can only enter while at madness level 8 ;)

Super excited for minecarts (minecart systems was probably my favorite thing about minecraft aside from redstone itself, I think it would work great in salem with how laborious dealing with boulders is), exploration events, and excavation. I love the idea of how excavation would be difficult to do in any main base since it would probably take up a lot of space which would lead to more push for satellite bases which would be more raidable. More mechanics that would encourage multiple bases would be welcome.
JohnCarver wrote:This way no matter how bad my day gets, a text message that one of you died to madness always seems to brighten it.
jcwilk

Postby Kandarim » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:50 am

pm to marp sent.

make falcons a reality!
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Nektaris » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:08 pm

No plans for implementing Cthulhu this year? I'm disappointed.
oleanna wrote:It's a part of the game. Stealing stuff with larceny or with brain is a way like an other !
Nektaris

Postby Nsuidara » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:51 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:Allow paving in mines.

+1
wooden pave
wooden walls (in mine)

cave / mine - monster / animals
chamber in the cave / mine and tresures ( example bluders + more % pure, other minerals / plants / animals )

remove expeditions (format other server)
and add normal expeditions, mean:
- in Prov player build ship (to work in both directions) or build ticket and in Boston give... and player teleport (temporary) to other map (continent) and explorations many new things

salem doesn't have the realities of the Middle Ages because in the Middle Ages there wasn't darkness and monsters :P
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby saltmummy » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:47 am

It doesn't emulate the middle ages even if it didn't have darkness and monsters.

This roadmap looks good JC, good luck devs with your future plans for salem, and happy new year.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby loleznub » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:05 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
WILL NOT GO IN FOR 2016

Pathfinding
PvE only Server

:?: :?: :?:

maybe next year, boys.
loleznub
Customer

Postby Icon » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:12 pm

Dear Marp Tarpton,
My name is JohnCarver and I have been playing Salem since Jorb and Loftar were just dating. While I have enjoyed much of the art, animals, and creative direction of the game I have always felt something is lacking. That something is Hemp. Hemp is a majestic plant that I feel only the most skilled of artists and modelers could truly capture its essence. It is for that reason that I write you Marp. It is because I believe that you and you alone have the artistic talent, motivation, and pure determination to tackle the daunting task of creating hemp and glass bong for your player base. We need you Marp more than we have ever needed you before. i've got a fever, and the only prescription is O.G. Kush.

Your Overlord
JC
Icon

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:14 pm

Icon wrote:
Dear Marp Tarpton,
My name is JohnCarver and I have been playing Salem since Jorb and Loftar were just dating. While I have enjoyed much of the art, animals, and creative direction of the game I have always felt something is lacking. That something is Hemp. Hemp is a majestic plant that I feel only the most skilled of artists and modelers could truly capture its essence. It is for that reason that I write you Marp. It is because I believe that you and you alone have the autistic talent, motivation, and pure determination to tackle the daunting task of creating hemp and glass bong for your player base. We need you Marp more than we have ever needed you before. i've got a fever, and the only prescription is O.G. Kush.

Your Overlord
JC

FTFY
Rubberduckbandit

Postby MarpTarpton » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:20 am

Hmmmmm...
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements