Happy New Year! 2016 Road Mappish

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Happy New Year! 2016 Road Mappish

Postby Frotted » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:50 pm

i LIKE ~

Mini-events using the current world; I think that has great promise.

Horse, pets, falcons, all have a place...

Don't know much about book system- if you say it needs perks.

i DON'T LIKE ~ Button pushing

TO JC/devs- one of my biggest questions that can't be answered by anyone but you... but how many folks are USA and how many are Europe/Asia/etc... I get this is the game I play from across the ocean... but that leaves me open to all kinds of lag nastiness, etc... No matter how good you are... location matters.

If you make the game more dependent on connectivity...

For arguments sake... if you lost ALL your US players and their cash expenditures... what would you have left...and would it be enough?

(And if you lose US players- and their cash- you'll have to spend cash to market more in the EU to make up for it... or just live with an even smaller community!)

Answer that before you go further with this button push ****. There are days that even beaver take me for 50% of my blood... before I even realize it... deer/bear or worse is not even possible... and suddenly you want to make it even more interesting?!

For the record I'm not suggesting this wouldn't be best for the game... only there could be fall-out that Devs did not factor in..
Frotted

Postby MaxPlanck » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:15 pm

Allow paving in mines.

Also, you said you wanted more stances, how about a stance that slows you down somewhat but reduces CC durations on attacks such as stomp/bullrun/leap at by a considerable amount.

Let us dual wield pistols and reload while moving but it would take longer to reload.

Allow us to throw a jar of tar at people and slow them down a tiny bit(it could be a stacking debuff like drinking multiples times)

----------------

Could the new world possibly be the sea in which a player needs to craft an old fashioned submarine suit to descend for some time but needs to return to the surface.
This way, if someone KO's/dies in water or someone drops something in the water it falls into the underwater world.
Sharks and other fish could roam around in there for player to kill without trying to fish or use fish traps. Various old legends and crashed pirate ships with treasures could be buried beneath(special events you mentioned that would spawn)

Sharks could take a characters leg out permanently while swimming above water in which they need to have a bionic leg of sorts in which needs to be oiled a bit every hour or so to keep their speed up else they will slow down considerably.
A shark could take out any limb while fighting them underwater and even permakill you if they decide to take your head.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Frotted » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:38 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:Allow paving in mines.

Also, you said you wanted more stances, how about a stance that slows you down somewhat but reduces CC durations on attacks such as stomp/bullrun/leap at by a considerable amount.

Let us dual wield pistols and reload while moving but it would take longer to reload.

Allow us to throw a jar of tar at people and slow them down a tiny bit(it could be a stacking debuff like drinking multiples times)

----------------

Could the new world possibly be the sea in which a player needs to craft an old fashioned submarine suit to descend for some time but needs to return to the surface.
This way, if someone KO's/dies in water or someone drops something in the water it falls into the underwater world.
Sharks and other fish could roam around in there for player to kill without trying to fish or use fish traps. Various old legends and crashed pirate ships with treasures could be buried beneath(special events you mentioned that would spawn)

Sharks could take a characters leg out permanently while swimming above water in which they need to have a bionic leg of sorts in which needs to be oiled a bit every hour or so to keep their speed up else they will slow down considerably.
A shark could take out any limb while fighting them underwater and even permakill you if they decide to take your head.

The only suggestion that might have any merit is the jar of tar... but then that's what blow darts are for ... no?

The rest is a Wow wannabe. Complete BS... want wow- go play Wow. Piss off otherwise. Try something original...in the genre of the times... vs something totally not Providence... we don't even have carted wool...and you want Submarines?
Frotted

Postby MaxPlanck » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:53 pm

Frotted wrote:
MaxPlanck wrote:Allow paving in mines.

----------------

The only suggestion that might have any merit is the jar of tar... but then that's what blow darts are for ... no?

The rest is a Wow wannabe. Complete BS... want wow- go play Wow. Piss off otherwise. Try something original...in the genre of the times... vs something totally not Providence... we don't even have carted wool...and you want Submarines?

I don't and have never played WoW. I didn't mean actual submarines, I meant diving suits.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Frotted » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:04 pm

Even Diving suits are far beyond current tech of the times.

Nice save, but you are still avoiding the genre... get with it already!
Frotted

Postby salemwutwut » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:07 pm

- navigable rivers that goes underground (caves, dungeons)
- treasure room/chest rarely found underground, containing usable items like crown, chalice, exotic weapons and tools... silver and gold items can go into smelter
- wagon with some mobile functionality

on the sea side:
- Ghost ships
- random temporary islands, with shipwrecks for exploring and getting rekt... random temporary so it makes people explore and keeps exciting not knowing what's out there
- caves on the shore that you must swim inside of or go with boat
salemwutwut

Postby Frotted » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:32 pm

salemwutwut wrote:- navigable rivers that goes underground (caves, dungeons)
- treasure room/chest rarely found underground, containing usable items like crown, chalice, exotic weapons and tools... silver and gold items can go into smelter
- wagon with some mobile functionality

on the sea side:
- Ghost ships
- random temporary islands, with shipwrecks for exploring and getting rekt... random temporary so it makes people explore and keeps exciting not knowing what's out there
- caves on the shore that you must swim inside of or go with boat

Why are folks so hip to find a new layer to the game before the one we know has been exhausted...and it hasn't.

New Cave features for Mines are already in the works...

Beyond that- instead of creating even more goals... how about tweaking what is already on the list...and likely more likely to be published in your lifetime (your game lifetime if not other).

Or you could a submersive... I've been against some changes, but I always try to provide a valid reason why it's bad... this is just bad altogether.

Where's your support via foul language and BS..?

Thanks for offering ideas...but try to think it through from Vet to Newb etc
Frotted

Postby MaxPlanck » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:53 pm

Frotted, JC said in his starting post that they wish to add another sub-world to the game similar to Dream world/Mine World/Over World. I was merely suggesting an underwater world. I'm sure there are different ideas that are plausible for a new world type.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:56 pm

To be fair, I have long wanted to have at least some basic understanding of the world Frotted lives in. If my mind could only comprehend a fraction of 'his' reality we would have probably implemented a 'Frakked-World" by now. Most likely only able to be entered through Hemp and some obscure cocktail of mushrooms and poppyseeds. Unfortunately, everytime we think we are just starting to grasp where he is coming from, he makes another post and we realize that we have only just frakked the surface.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Heffernan » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:11 am

JohnCarver wrote:To be fair, I have long wanted to have at least some basic understanding of the world Frotted lives in. If my mind could only comprehend a fraction of 'his' reality we would have probably implemented a 'Frakked-World" by now. Most likely only able to be entered through Hemp and some obscure cocktail of mushrooms and poppyseeds. Unfortunately, everytime we think we are just starting to grasp where he is coming from, he makes another post and we realize that we have only just frakked the surface.

also y u no take my cash i want my 20$ tophat ;_;
Heffernan

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements