Happy New Year! 2016 Road Mappish

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Happy New Year! 2016 Road Mappish

Postby Sipo » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:15 am

Please dont forget about the Passive Proficiency improvements :oops:
Sipo

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:18 am

Other than just some balance issues and making more tasks involve ppgains, what else did you think should be done? I kinda like where they are to be honest.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Sipo » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:21 am

JohnCarver wrote:Other than just some balance issues and making more tasks involve ppgains, what else did you think should be done? I kinda like where they are to be honest.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16476
Similar to the old salem system where there where two small bars inside one. One could be for the passive system that never resets or resets when one gets complete.
Sipo

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:25 am

Ah yes, I did read that thread. However, I think the last thing Salem needs is even more complexity for a new player on how to advance. The greater use of this system or new players is that if they just finished doing a bunch of one particular task it might motivate them to study a few inspirationals and finish off a point.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Sipo » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:28 am

0 to little benefit to advanced or mid players though...
Sipo

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:34 am

Sipo wrote:0 to little benefit to advanced or mid players though...

Thats fine. It wasn't implemented for them. Advanced and Mid-players should have abundance of inspirationals to advance anyway.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Heffernan » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:39 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Sipo wrote:0 to little benefit to advanced or mid players though...

Thats fine. It wasn't implemented for them. Advanced and Mid-players should have abundance of inspirationals to advance anyway.

new animals

Furniture here we come, to bad Tophats aint furniture

Heffernan

Postby dinoxx7xx » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:44 am

dat dragon ¦]
im retarded idiot that has ebola and i live in african village with old windows xp computer where salem laggs
- Captain Jack Sparrow-
dinoxx7xx

Postby Frotted » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:50 am

JohnCarver wrote:To be fair, I have long wanted to have at least some basic understanding of the world Frotted lives in. If my mind could only comprehend a fraction of 'his' reality we would have probably implemented a 'Frakked-World" by now. Most likely only able to be entered through Hemp and some obscure cocktail of mushrooms and poppyseeds. Unfortunately, everytime we think we are just starting to grasp where he is coming from, he makes another post and we realize that we have only just frakked the surface.

Quite funny- I spend enough already... too much on your game. I might want to fund this game as Chris Roberts has managed. Alas- I'm semi-successful...but not in that tier.

I pretend I am sometimes... but my disillusion and your comprehension... are just mixed up.

ALAS... it is what it is.

I love your game JC... at its core- Salem is fantastic... what you've done with it is questionable...and what you allow others to do with it is reprehensible.

Marp needs a very long sabbatical...and you need stick around more.

Until say March?... or at least week after Valentines Day,

I think a lot of current confusion will be sorted out by then.
Frotted

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:56 am

Do not take it the wrong way. I very much love the unique flavour you bring to the forums. I plan on trying to be more active than I was following the vacation after the long dev cycle. Some would argue that is a bad thing for the game. But time will tell as I come up with an array of new and fun ways to punish y'all.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements