Salem V1.1.6 The Crows Are Coming! The Crows Are Coming!

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem V1.1.6 The Crows Are Coming! The Crows Are Coming!

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:17 pm

it takes several minutes for a crow to get it. The crow dies when the tile is unloaded but a tile stays loaded for longer than the several minutes it will take the crow. Crows shouldn't be spawning if a player isn't on that tile doing something, crows can spawn 'near' fields and be otherwise deemed unharmful and then walk their way over to the fields and start messing them up after you have left (that is the only way I have had my fields actually hit in real play).
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby salemwutwut » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:59 pm

some crows are taking longer to be scared, they complete 2-3 walks before flying... a f2p player wants to scare every crow they spawn outside the base, up to a good distance... this adds up to a good amount of time, interrupting what you're doing every now and then
salemwutwut

Postby LOMS » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:52 am

JohnCarver wrote:it takes several minutes for a crow to get it. The crow dies when the tile is unloaded but a tile stays loaded for longer than the several minutes it will take the crow. Crows shouldn't be spawning if a player isn't on that tile doing something, crows can spawn 'near' fields and be otherwise deemed unharmful and then walk their way over to the fields and start messing them up after you have left (that is the only way I have had my fields actually hit in real play).

"In real play" you are not alone on your test server and players do walk around your base from time to time.
LOMS

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:56 am

LOMS wrote:"In real play" you are not alone on your test server and players do walk around your base from time to time.

Real play refers to my base on the live server, where yes I have found my tile loaded by other players.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby LOMS » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:11 am

JohnCarver wrote:
LOMS wrote:"In real play" you are not alone on your test server and players do walk around your base from time to time.

Real play refers to my base on the live server, where yes I have found my tile loaded by other players.

I do believe you have your base on the island ¦]
LOMS

Postby tack » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:19 am

john I had my first crow field attack, adding humus at next field planting I seem to have reached a point I cant add more humus or seed is this a bug or am I missing something like I need to till.
post powered by Dyslexia
tack

Postby jcwilk » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:22 am

tack wrote:can't add seed

Sounds like you have high enough upkeep that you need more than 100 seed to plant, so you need to use a cotton or leather planter's pouch so you can hold more than 100 when you attempt to plant.
JohnCarver wrote:This way no matter how bad my day gets, a text message that one of you died to madness always seems to brighten it.
jcwilk

Postby tack » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:54 pm

yep 300 seeds thanks
post powered by Dyslexia
tack

Postby HDHB » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:37 am

JohnCarver wrote:*Trees now shatter to blocks when DIRECTLY falling onto things. Players standing directly under a tree will also take blood damage. I reserve the right to cause falling trees to damage your walls, houses, and bases in the future. Plan accordingly as if one day I do.

I think I just hit myself with a tree, this never happened before but it definitely hit me as I took blood damage and the tree shattered to blocks. Why did it fall backwards, though? I was chopping it alone.
Jesus died for our sins. You should do the same.
HDHB

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:39 am

That is very odd. It is definitely the first report of this happening. Let me know and send me a PM if you are able to replicate.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements