Salem V1.1.6 The Crows Are Coming! The Crows Are Coming!

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem V1.1.6 The Crows Are Coming! The Crows Are Coming!

Postby thedarklore » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:46 pm

HolyLight wrote:
RobertoKarlos wrote:Sure, coz all the players are from murica rite? Why someone will do real life chores to make ingame chores less boring? Is easier to just play a game that's fun or stop doing the ingame activity that got heavier and grindier.

So instead of doing 1h of a real life "chore" (Earning money), you would rather spend the rest of your time in salem doing the CHORE of scaring crows. (And complain about it)

Wait, you too fat to go outside and earn money ?

Dude not everybody is from 'MURICA! I live in poland and I don't have money to afford 5$ pack every month (There are ofc days like christmas or birthday but pack was released AFTER gifts I've recived :/). ATM I'm student at high school and books aren't cheap (for one subject my family or me need to buy 2 books every 5/6 moths which cost ~30 PLN ~4 PLN = 1$ + books for my younger brother + books for chemistry)
Also this is photo of my chemistry books which cost from 20 to 50 PLN PER 1 book! (Btw all of them are secondhand)

Edit i saw that this photo is very big -,-
thedarklore

Postby grapefruitv » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:32 pm

HolyLight wrote:stuff

(not complaining about crows, they don't seem to be too much of a pain, complaining about some people not realizing how world is not spinning around their way of life)

That's a pretty expensive coffee you drink, on eurofags continent coffee costs about 1$ even in airports, personal lawns is not really a thing in most countries, parents don't pay you for helping them, in my place fancy carwash places charge about 3$ for one simple wash, imagine what would a random kid get, and washing others cars is not really a thing too, especially when it is -15 outside, beggers is a mafia of a sort and you cant just go and steal their spot without being at the very least threatend, recycling is not a thing too, but if you find a place in need of certain junk, they would pay you about 8 cents per 1kg of paper or 2 cents per bottle - how fast can you get 5$ worth of those?
You can earn 5$ by standing behind a counter of burger king for 5 hours for example, but that doesn't sound like worthy deal to get a scarecrow to me. Before you say how people with money issues should invest less time in gaming, think about how they are working for 200-300$/month 40+hours/week to give up atleast 100$ of those to have a warm roof above their head, and they would prefer to relax in a free to play game instead of getting a second job.
grapefruitv

Postby Judaism » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:42 pm

You most certainly do not need to pay in Salem, but early game it can be really nice. I would much, much rather go to a sub base like haven aswell. I do not like it that some people can bypass months of time by throwing in a couple hunderds.

Either way, in the end game stage the items are quite irrelevant, I have no reason to buy any store item due to the fact that its either obtainable to raiding or simply buying with silver.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Heffernan » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:49 pm

Judaism wrote:You most certainly do not need to pay in Salem, but early game it can be really nice. I would much, much rather go to a sub base like haven aswell. I do not like it that some people can bypass months of time by throwing in a couple hunderds.

its already quiety a low base of players, sub based would drop it even more gg
Heffernan

Postby zarraha » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:15 pm

I chase away any crows i see, but every once in a while I find a field with 600% upkeep. 600% is ridiculous. Granted, it only lasts for the one planting, but that one planting costs 24 humus and 300 seeds. 300, it's literally impossible to plant without a seedbag. I think the maximum upkeep should be much lower, like 200% maybe
zarraha

Postby salemwutwut » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:11 pm

to be honest I tried to put money in this game like in many others I like... but Paypal is more like Painpal to me... they need to confirm credit card, it's not an easy process, I always forget to finish the process... i have enough cash in my wallet but to put it online is a lot of trouble.. most of my purchases are in Steam because they redirect me to a local paypal equivalent in my country, which is scary easy to use... I just put my cc number and some address info and they let it pass...
salemwutwut

Postby Heffernan » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:10 am

Heffernan

Postby Kandarim » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:59 am

seriously heff - he just said *next* patch.
You've grown irritating in your dotage.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby belgear » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:15 pm

salemwutwut wrote:to be honest I tried to put money in this game like in many others I like... but Paypal is more like Painpal to me... they need to confirm credit card, it's not an easy process, I always forget to finish the process... i have enough cash in my wallet but to put it online is a lot of trouble.. most of my purchases are in Steam because they redirect me to a local paypal equivalent in my country, which is scary easy to use... I just put my cc number and some address info and they let it pass...

You can do the same with the paypal site. Just click the “use debit or credit" button below the sign in button
belgear
Customer

Postby Heffernan » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:03 pm

Kandarim wrote:seriously heff - he just said *next* patch.
You've grown irritating in your dotage.

thanks for the compliment, i just want my top10 stuff ¦]
Heffernan

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements