Salem V1.1.5 Jingle Bombs Adjusted

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem V1.1.5 Jingle Bombs Adjusted

Postby Trismegistus » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:56 am

Kandarim wrote:and I obviously mean this in the best way possible; I'm well aware of the nature of dev schedules :roll:

You mean the image of sleeping on the couch with one arm hanging off it near the knocked over, empty liquor bottle with a post-it note glued to the forehead?
Trismegistus

Postby Frotted » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:10 am

Seems the winning solution is for defenders is to stage alts outside the base... wait for raiders to break into Brick or better...and then plug the hole with them inside. Have repair/coal on hand as well... to reactivate any defenses they disabled on their way in.

No easy retreat... wait for them to KO...only a few minutes now... and then rob them to naked, kill, and scalp them.

Just have to build up more alts...

I find it enormously tragic since the big push was about reducing alts...and/or too many ***** alts...and here Devs go encouraging even more than ever before!!!

Cheers!

Takes full advantage of the weaker alts who had to retreat a few times to regen to get in... as it takes considerably less to build up vs destroy... Raiders are *****.
Frotted

Postby TotalyMeow » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:26 am

Frotted wrote:Seems the winning solution is for defenders is to stage alts outside the base... wait for raiders to break into Brick or better...and then plug the hole with them inside. Have repair/coal on hand as well... to reactivate any defenses they disabled on their way in.
No easy retreat... wait for them to KO...only a few minutes now... and then rob them to naked, kill, and scalp them.
Just have to build up more alts...

I find it enormously tragic since the big push was about reducing alts...and/or too many ***** alts...and here Devs go encouraging even more than ever before!!! Cheers! Takes full advantage of the weaker alts who had to retreat a few times to regen to get in... as it takes considerably less to build up vs destroy... Raiders are *****.

This has long been a valid defense and one I mentioned awhile back as an alternative to leaving scents while defending your town. But, no one has really ever used it that I know and thought it was stupid when I suggested it... so I don't think we really have to be worried about this being an overused defense tactic. And you'd need something more than an 'alt' to do this, you'd need someone robust enough to get in a raider's way for a little while and someone skilled enough to build a brick wall while the other is doing the distracting. But if this does start to be used and ends up unbalancing something, we'll make a change to rebalance it.

It's also been said many times that we don't care if you have multiple characters and think it's a fine idea if you want to. We just didn't like being able to store things on alts without any fear of them ever being stolen, a thing we stopped with lootable claimstones/leantos.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Frotted » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:36 am

TotalyMeow wrote:This has long been a valid defense and one I mentioned awhile back as an alternative to leaving scents while defending your town. But, no one has really ever used it that I know and thought it was stupid when I suggested it... so I don't think we really have to be worried about this being an overused defense tactic. And you'd need something more than an 'alt' to do this, you'd need someone robust enough to get in a raider's way for a little while and someone skilled enough to build a brick wall while the other is doing the distracting. But if this does start to be used and ends up unbalancing something, we'll make a change to rebalance it.

It's also been said many times that we don't care if you have multiple characters and think it's a fine idea if you want to. We just didn't like being able to store things on alts without any fear of them ever being stolen, a thing we stopped with lootable claimstones/leantos.

It was only stupid when High Bile folks could spend seemingly unlimited time on another's claim and easily dismiss the bile drain.

Now however...

Yes, alts and/or friend will have to be more robust... but I've found it really doesn't take much to raise up a toon to create simple walls... even plank. What sucks is brick plus and/or being able to carry enough material.

Either way- building up more alts just became necessary vs whenever.
Frotted

Postby Darwoth » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:01 am

i wish raiding was not dead as we knew it so that retards like frakked would get a chance to put their idiotic theoretical tactics to use so i could read him ***** about.

being murdered in place and picked up/moved out of the way
being shoved out of the way and murdered since he is trying to use a **** ass alt with no combat gear/affluence
being lassoed out of the way and murdered

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Darwoth

Postby Judaism » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:06 am

I spoke with JC a couple days ago and he claimed that raiding used to be 5 times as hard back in the days when they dealt with Mushivillage.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:13 am

Judaism wrote:I spoke with JC a couple days ago and he claimed that raiding used to be 5 times as hard back in the days when they dealt with Mushivillage.

Granted the system was largely 'broken' back then. In the days of the raids prior to our acquisition there were raids that I personally watched where 6-12 guys ran against stone walls for days. Keep in mind, back then there was no splash, and braziers had unlimited ammo. But 7 stone walls was enough to keep 7+ guys out of a base for literally 36 hours of non-stop raiding. I'm not saying we go back to that, but it does give perspective to how 'easy' the raiding is now in comparison where the most somebody can build is a single stone wall and a comparable base to that would fall in 5 hours TOPS.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Darwoth » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:43 am

Judaism wrote:I spoke with JC a couple days ago and he claimed that raiding used to be 5 times as hard back in the days when they dealt with Mushivillage.

yeah, that is an order of magnitude worse than some of the retorts to **** i wont mention in my own discussions.

the screenshots of mushivillage showed enough to know it was a total newb ***** compared to numerous jamestown villages i razed to the ground in less than 6 hours which obviously is no comparison at all to the way mechanics of providence have been since server launch, mushvillage may have predated crits and a crime debuff that you needed to run off as well (if anyone is old enough to recall you used to just offclaim and wait 15 minutes)
Darwoth

Postby Judaism » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:13 am

The comparison was just very rude in my eyes, the fact that he remains to back it up makes me facepalm even more. I truely feel that it is impossible to balance the current raiding mechanics within this state of the game.

This was the base BTW:

It is a true pity that we do not have enough vets left to comment on the current changes, so that we atleast all could agree on the fact that raiding indeed has become atleast 5 times as hard over the past years, much rather than 5 times as easy.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:16 am

I'm fairly sure you guys don't need vets. You can just go back to the old threads, and watch as there were posts over DAYS detailing the accounts of that siege. You posted a picture of AFTER the base fell btw which was AFTER splash mechanics were put in (as evidenced by the huge splashed hole in it). I would wager after splash mechanics went in that base is 'on par' with where raiding is today. The problem that made it 5 times as hard was each one of those stone walls was just as hard as the first. So even if it was possible to get through a wall in 2-3 hours, there was a crazy magnitude of them to blast through. And of course braziers had to be disabled back then, couldn't be just turned off with water.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements