Salem V1.1.5 Jingle Bombs Adjusted

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem V1.1.5 Jingle Bombs Adjusted

Postby Nektaris » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:59 pm

I like these changes and your intentions to make raiding faster and action packed. This is what Salem needs. Less time sink and more fun. GJ JC!
oleanna wrote:It's a part of the game. Stealing stuff with larceny or with brain is a way like an other !
Nektaris

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:14 pm

Indeed,
On providence I do not like the idea that somebody can take a break from the game for 60 days, and come back to absolutely nothing. That is not the intention or desired direction of that server. HOWEVER, after further deliberation on what could "help" Popham be more confrontational or at least more intense in terms of hitting people, stealing stuff, etc. etc. it seemed reasonable to allow scavenging to return there. Somebody who takes a 2-3 month break from Popham "should" be out of the running to win it anyway and "should" sooner just start the next expedition or wait for it than worry about what goods they lost on the temp-server.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Necrobane » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:17 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Indeed,
On providence I do not like the idea that somebody can take a break from the game for 60 days, and come back to absolutely nothing. That is not the intention or desired direction of that server. HOWEVER, after further deliberation on what could "help" Popham be more confrontational or at least more intense in terms of hitting people, stealing stuff, etc. etc. it seemed reasonable to allow scavenging to return there. Somebody who takes a 2-3 month break from Popham "should" be out of the running to win it anyway and "should" sooner just start the next expedition or wait for it than worry about what goods they lost on the temp-server.

sorry for dumb question, but do you still need "larceny" skill to access claimstones?
Loyal servant of Her Majesty Lallaith
Necrobane
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:18 pm

Popham or Providence?
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Heffernan » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:19 pm

Heffernan wrote:but making the time closer to lose your crime debuff doesnt that mean a enemy could just wait at outside the range of ur base and return 2-3 times to get still the aggro of ur braziers and then when the crime debuff ran out fully return to tank the braziers without crime debuff but with being able to spameat food? this makes braziers alot weaker.

JC?
Heffernan

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:19 pm

Why you are insisting on showcasing to other players in a public setting how to break into your base is widely beyond me. A PM would have saved you a lot more but meh.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Necrobane » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:22 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Popham or Providence?

popham ofc

just thought about spawning alot of alts to check for abandoned claimstones ¦]
Loyal servant of Her Majesty Lallaith
Necrobane
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:23 pm

Lewt should still very much be a larceny thing.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Heffernan » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:25 pm

btw... christas is over... peole have the pockets full of money... wheres the new shop stuff O.O
Heffernan

Postby jcwilk » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:28 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Lewt should still very much be a larceny thing.

Not sure if this is what you mean, but my alt (who has very few skills, certainly not larceny) was perfectly able to break an abandoned claimstone and have all the lewt drop (clothing, etc).

Abandoned leantos, on the other hand, seem like they still require larceny unless, presumably, if you break the stone and claim over them.
JohnCarver wrote:This way no matter how bad my day gets, a text message that one of you died to madness always seems to brighten it.
jcwilk

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements