Salem V1.1.4 Jingle Bombs

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem V1.1.4 Jingle Bombs

Postby RobertoKarlos » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:26 pm

matan002 wrote:JC said that there will be a new lockpicking system soon. Maybe that means that we will be able to lockpick through gates?

Inb4 lockpicking wont work on gates with springs
RobertoKarlos

Postby Darwoth » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:26 pm

while i am sure lockpicking a gate to steal some oiled boards and a store hat is an amazing feat and super "exciting" for you newbs myself and even the retards i play against were well beyond those mundane trivialities about 3 years ago, as i said incoming pvp lite troll skills, outgoing anything that matters or has an impact.
Darwoth

Postby Judaism » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:28 pm

Darwoth wrote:now it is just irrelevant how long it takes, what matter is it between 12, 20 or 200 hours? end result is the same.

I estimate the new wall to take about 30 hours with 2 bashers (1300phlegm) and 3 tankers (250black), that would be with zero defending and only a handfull of braziers (4), or actuall repairing.

Pushing for other "victories" it seems now, unless we indeed are going to get hooks to rush inside someone's base or stuff like that and aim for their bells/heads.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Taipion » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:30 pm

matan002 wrote:JC said that there will be a new lockpicking system soon. Maybe that means that we will be able to lockpick through gates?

Then he outright ignored what I told him about lockpicking and salem, in short: It won't work, ever.

If you were given a lockpick skill to open doors, then guess what would happen:
1.) Have a town claim for that 1 day notice before being attacked.
2.) Use makeshift fence instead of gates, takes just 5 seconds and a branch to destroy/rebuild a tile to pass through and "close" it behind you. (Build the fence just on the tile in front (outside) of your normal gates)
3.) Remove your gates and seal them shut where you don't need them
4.) If you see a TbF, so you are under siege, seal all "gates" with normal tiles.
5.) Having a pclaim under your whole town as it should be, you can easily remove the "seals", if it is within one (or was it two?) weeks you wont have splash.

no locks, no lockpicking
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Darwoth » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:32 pm

Taipion wrote:So that's what an "expert" on this game says...

How much phlegm drains bashing a wall per second?
So, having a hundred more phlegm than needed for reasonable damage is still more than enough to do that damage for the tiny amount of time you can bash at a wall that has braziers/TPs behind it.
Ofc yea you wouldn't do that and just drain the braziers before that, sorry, my bad.

you know less than nothing about how anything your talking about works. if i keep having to hear you opine about **** you have no clue on i will head on down to "limelake city" on my way back to the nearest UO emulator to show you in person just how i can use these changes to completely ***** your town.
Darwoth

Postby Trismegistus » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:35 pm

Judaism wrote:
Darwoth wrote:now it is just irrelevant how long it takes, what matter is it between 12, 20 or 200 hours? end result is the same.

I estimate the new wall to take about 30 hours with 2 bashers (1300phlegm) and 3 tankers (250black), that would be with zero defending and only a handfull of braziers (4), or actuall repairing.

Pushing for other "victories" it seems now, unless we indeed are going to get hooks to rush inside someone's base or stuff like that and aim for their bells/heads.

Well, sure, but wasn't a castle designed to not be able to be broken into? You have to use wit to get in. You or Goodman admitted to basically "of course we waited until you were sleeping to attack" in the Hunkpa battle. Maybe I read it incorrectly, but wasn't the major victory in the battle the destroying of the boundry stone behind a split or makeshift fence so that you could claim a brick wall yourselves? Why is it necessary that you can break into someone's base easily if they have tried very hard to make it hard to break into? Darwoth's points seem to me to be very true for a solo player raider. More and more I see the game being ruled and dominating by a group that can competently coordinate a town of people. The only problem I see for a town of people raiding an enemy is the mortar cannon that cannot be fired back upon by the attacker's mortar cannon. Well, then maybe you cant win every battle.
Trismegistus

Postby Darwoth » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:40 pm

Judaism wrote:

no, you folks will get some form of trivialized troll skills to sneak into a base for a few seconds and steal something, nothing that allows for decisive engagements or sieges that matter. game is now a pve title with the stupid misbelief that this will increase the population on expeditions.

over time the population of salem will rise (but only slightly), with players like heffernan, leelee and taipion. this will be touted as evidence of how the patch was a "success" even though it went completely against what the game was. same thing as a pvp server in any other game being flipped to a pve server.

in other news haven just once again became the only permadeath pvp centered game of note on the market again.
Darwoth

Postby Judaism » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:44 pm

Trismegistus wrote:Well, sure, but wasn't a castle designed to not be able to be broken into? You have to use wit to get in. You or Goodman admitted to basically "of course we waited until you were sleeping to attack" in the Hunkpa battle. Maybe I read it incorrectly, but wasn't the major victory in the battle the destroying of the boundry stone behind a split or makeshift fence so that you could claim a brick wall yourselves?

First off, they made a design error. Secondly, they still had more than an hour to fix their error, that was after two days of a waste claim notice. They had planks/bricks ready for whatever wall they wanted to build to cover it up. Thirdly, they did not dare to interrupt us in any form during the siege.

Why do these uncompetitive people deserve so much advantage above a raider, with the current raiding mechanics we woudn't even be able to destroy our own wall on our own damn pclaim with just one guy defending, rather than two. That was with the old walls, not even to mention the newer ones.

If you are speaking of ***** castles, you are mentioning REAL LIFE, if you take the time era Salem is playing, walls would not matter a ***** penny in most cases because people would just shoot a damn cannon thru people's walls.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Trismegistus » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:49 pm

The "castle" was a figure of speech. Meaning "an enormous amount of effort to protect".

Exactly, my point. So nothing has changed. It's just as impossible as it was last week and you were still able to take down a town. Do you argue that you should be able to defeat a well organized group of 6 players who built an Iron Wall of 500-1000 segments. Do you know how many resources it takes to build this wall?
Trismegistus

Postby Darwoth » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:53 pm

Trismegistus wrote:The "castle" was a figure of speech. Meaning "an enormous amount of effort to protect".

Exactly, my point. So nothing has changed. It's just as impossible as it was last week and you were still able to take down a town. Do you argue that you should be able to defeat a well organized group of 6 players who built an Iron Wall of 500-1000 segments. Do you know how many resources it takes to build this wall?

you are clueless, luckily for you so are most others so you need not worry about your comments embarassing you.
Darwoth

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements