Salem V1.1.4 Jingle Bombs

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem V1.1.4 Jingle Bombs

Postby Heffernan » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:06 pm

any clue yet what needs to unlock all the various walls and braziers?
Heffernan

Postby Taipion » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:09 pm

Heffernan wrote:any clue yet what needs to unlock all the various walls and braziers?

I have a char that can build brick walls but not yet the new ones, but even he can build mortars, for my main there is only 1 new skill that is the one required to use (not build) mortars, and the new wall was there without learning anything new, so it must be a combination of existing skills, and it must be more than what is required for brick walls.

I assume it is brick walls skill plus cementation, just a guess.
Last edited by Taipion on Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Kandarim » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:10 pm

only just noticed the tea nerf; that's gonna hurt a whole lot more than all the rest O_0

Also @Heff: no new skills except bombardment; My best bet the walls require the blistersteel skill. The baby braziers require 2 pig iron each so don't know what those take. Not the highest steel skill as my hunter can build them.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Heffernan » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:11 pm

Kandarim wrote:only just noticed the tea nerf; that's gonna hurt a whole lot more than all the rest O_0

Also @Heff: no new skills except bombardment; My best bet the walls require the blistersteel skill. The baby braziers require 2 pig iron each so don't know what those take. Not the highest steel skill as my hunter can build them.

i also got the baby brazier, but i though he talked about 3 new braziers..

also no bile regeneration of tea during crime bebuff will make raiding horrible painfull haha
Heffernan

Postby Taipion » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:13 pm

Heffernan wrote:
Kandarim wrote:only just noticed the tea nerf; that's gonna hurt a whole lot more than all the rest O_0

also no bile regeneration of tea during crime bebuff will make raiding horrible painfull haha

There is only the baby braziers for now, if I got it right.

Also, raiding is now much easier I'd say, though more dangerous, notes say you only need half a TbF distance to walk off the crime debuff, take a mount for that and you are much faster regenerated than before the tea nerf, right?
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby matan002 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:19 pm

Maybe sifting gives the amethyst?
Lachlaan wrote:The motherbats await a spanking, for the sake of fields.
matan002

Postby Heffernan » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:20 pm

Taipion wrote:
Heffernan wrote:

Also, raiding is now much easier I'd say, though more dangerous, notes say you only need half a TbF distance to walk off the crime debuff, take a mount for that and you are much faster regenerated than before the tea nerf, right?

i hope JC had taken this in mind

@John Carver

attack a braziers and get crime debuff, run off half way of a TBF with a mount, wait for the crime debuff to finish, now if u manage to do it within a span of time the brazier is still active and will attack you, but you have no crime debuff so u can eat food to tank braziers making raiding 1000% easier i suppose?
Heffernan

Postby Darwoth » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:25 pm

i am not even mad this as good a reason as an actual wipe to go inactive and play something that is not so time consuming until i forget to feed the turkeys, its just that it really is amazing beyond belief :lol:

hey guys here is a big shiny flashy item that is obscenely overpowered in terms of damage and effect that can destroy targets cheaply and from behind the perfect safety of your walls to distract from the even more pivotal changes which are:

death to KO on crime buff

the implementation of concussion (get hit once/twice by a mortar that fires in an eye blink at relatively low sparks and embers, from complete a total safety, for the investment of a flower pot and you are rendered useless for one to four hours)

changing tea to no longer regen stats on crime debuff which was the majority of its original purpose to begin with

a wall that 99% of the playerbase can not break and in keeping with current hitpoint curves will take 3 - 4 hours to break when stats are high enough to achieve near max danage (brick takes slightly over 1.5 hours at max)

just officially change the game to a pve server if your that desperate for increased population i am sure the numbers would go up and it could be called a "success", but do not try to pretend this system makes sense in any capacity other than to create that environment, as if it was not already nearly there anyway :lol:

guess folks can hit up the expedition though and all......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Darwoth

Postby Taipion » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:25 pm

Heffernan wrote:attack a braziers and get crime debuff, run off half way of a TBF with a mount, wait for the crime debuff to finish, now if u manage to do it within a span of time the brazier is still active and will attack you, but you have no crime debuff so u can eat food to tank braziers making raiding 1000% easier i suppose?

iirc a brazier stays armed for like 5 minutes, how long would you need to cover that distance twice?
Taipion

Postby Darwoth » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:26 pm

Taipion wrote:

here you go jc, another uninformed moron and a yes man for design discussions. snap him up :lol:
Darwoth

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements