Salem V1.1.4 Jingle Bombs

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem V1.1.4 Jingle Bombs

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:33 am

Majesty Stall Update:
-----------

SELLING
---------
His Majesty has decided to spread his X-mas cheer. He is now selling wrapping paper so you may give each other gifts this holiday season!
He is also selling a gift from last year, the amethyst he thinks its hilarious you don't know how to find, and to pay off some gambling debts, his crown.

As for buying
-----------------
Well that is his present to you this year. He is now paying 1,000 silver for nothing but common drops off animals! Get it while its hot!
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Kandarim » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:58 am

good fight, inflation.

JohnCarver wrote:
As for buying
-----------------
Well that is his present to you this year. He is now paying 1,000 silver for nothing but common drops off animals! Get it while its hot!

I see a reason to finish the ark asap.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby TheVacant » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:49 pm

farmville 2.0 confirmed
TheVacant

Postby Kandarim » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:06 pm

please, we're at version 1.1.4 on the live server. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:24 pm

played with some stuff, even worse than i imagined. this patch is so bad that for the sake of humor it is quite awesome :lol: :lol: :lol:

it is seriously like a conference consisting of claeyt, a few random arcadia people and random newbs was consulted to redesign the raiding system, folks like leelee that cry about darts because they do not have antiveniom. people with no idea what they are talking about.

in addition to the "obvious" changes the death on KO w/crime debuff and just minor "dumb stuff" removal of c/d from candles is yet more icing on the cake.

funny **** :lol: :lol: :lol:
Darwoth

Postby Taipion » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:41 pm

As my last edit on this went pretty much unnoticed, I put it here again:

Considering the cost of walls, I am slightly concerned.
As it is now, plank is more expensive than brick, both in raw material cost and in time invested to make those materials.
As a rule of thumb, if you are making bricks for a wall of some 400 or more tiles, you will get all the sodom bricks (=expensive part) you need just by making the bricks you need anyways, which is totally ok, in fact, especially considering the dirt cheap cost of the lower walls, I'd say plank is simply too expensive, especially now that there are even 2 better walls and a 3rd announced.

Segments:
Plank: 1 planed 2 dry boards ~ 35-50s
Brick: 18 clay/bricks ~ 18-27s + 1 lard ~ 20s = ~38-47s

Starter:
Plank: 4 oiled 10 dry 15 planed 5 nails ~ 640s
Brick: 65 clay/bricks, 5 lard ~ 165-197 + 1 sodom brick ~ 300-500 = ~465-697s

Ok, the cost is actually closer than I felt, but yet you see that plank is roughly a bit more expensive than brick, which is bad.
Additionally, you will have a lot of "more work" and waiting time making dry boards, whereas you can produce anything you need for a brick wall right away, except for the gates, yea, I forgot the gates, at that point brick actually is more expensive than plank, but I still dare to say that if you are not spamming gates like crazy, the overall cost of plank is still higher.

This brings me to the point that our new walls costs are in no relation to the previous ones, I don't really want to say it's too expensive, but well, it is. :D
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Norelieth » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:53 pm

Sorry to ask but what is an Herbpot ? a gardening pot, a pot with grass or flower growing, a tea pot ? :roll: Would be fun to throw tea pots (full of burning tea indeed) to the raiders :P

I'm thinking about another kind of pots but we don't have them yet. :lol:
Pour être heureux, vivons cachés.
Norelieth

Postby Kandarim » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:57 pm

Code: Select all
[item]herbpot[/item]

herbpot
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Kandarim » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:59 pm

Darwoth wrote:played with some stuff, even worse than i imagined. this patch is so bad that for the sake of humor it is quite awesome :lol: :lol: :lol:

it is seriously like a conference consisting of claeyt, a few random arcadia people and random newbs was consulted to redesign the raiding system, folks like leelee that cry about darts because they do not have antiveniom. people with no idea what they are talking about.

in addition to the "obvious" changes the death on KO w/crime debuff and just minor "dumb stuff" removal of c/d from candles is yet more icing on the cake.

funny **** :lol: :lol: :lol:

I actually noted to JC that I thought this patch was too heavily balanced towards defenders - which probably, me being a carebear, is more telling than your ranting.
Last edited by Kandarim on Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Taipion » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:00 pm

Norelieth wrote:Sorry to ask but what is an Herbpot ? a gardening pot, a pot with grass or flower growing, a tea pot ? :roll: Would be fun to throw tea pots (full of burning tea indeed) to the raiders :P

I'm thinking about another kind of pots but we don't have them yet. :lol:

Gardening pot it is.

Though it would be probably fun to have different effects if you throw a full pot with a grown flower in it, depending on the flower. :D
Also different effects for barrels, depending on what and how much they contain, but I guess the tar barrel is all we got here for that.

edit: (Like a barrel full of oil spills a ground effect where the area equals the amount of oil, which cripples movement control while on it, and can be ignited for even more fun. ^^)
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements