Patch Note Warning: V1.1.4

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch Note Warning: V1.1.4

Postby MarpTarpton » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:00 am

Anyone willing to leave prior to experiencing an update doesn't need our permission. For those of you who, like myself, are passionate to experience Salem as an organic system, I hope you enjoy yourselves with what we're preparing for the latest in late game defenses :) My advice would be to try the new system before you gnash your teeth and curse the sky. You may find it's not as bad as you think. If it's awful, we will reconsider the concept and act accordingly, as we always have and always will in our never-ending quest to see the game reach greater heights. The patronage of our customers is greatly appreciated and it is especially for you that we continue to do what it is we do, but not solely because of you and not solely for you. Salem is a big game with big potential and we will not shy from trying new things because they seem scary. All the crying does is prove to us that warnings like these cause more worry than necessary and perhaps in the future we will just let the update hit and the chips fall where they may.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby kitty629 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:04 am

Are there new skills involved in making this new tougher wall? My concern is that it needs to be built inside existing strongest wall to avoid splash. I guess is time to move.
kitty629
Customer

Postby Frotted » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:07 am

I want to see JC tell us all that he can afford to lose every solo player in the game... and w/o new cash shop purchases continue to provide timely (every 3 months) updates to the game.

Let's see it.

Otherwise... I'm planning my exit strategy today... and be assured... no more new cash to Salem. Let it rot... as much as said already it wasn't needed.

Black Dessert is out... or coming soon. Pretty sure I can find another Sandbox to try.
Frotted

Postby AmmaBoss » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:08 am

Darwoth wrote:the difference is ammaboss is a retard that already thinks things are to "hard" and i have 15 years of pvp experience at a competitive level in every game since legends of kesmai.

Well you surly do have more experience than me , However I think the current raiding system is fair , the only thing I really have a problem with is TBC being allow to be donut which force you to leave scent everytime someone place one , I would like if TBC was replace with another mechanic. As this patch intend to make raiding Harder for the raiders I fear that raiding will become way to hard / time consuming. The only aspect of the game I think solo player have an advantages over groups is with TBC since it is super easy for a solo player to kill a group of player if he had access to their scent.
AmmaBoss

Postby Darwoth » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:10 am

for the record my displeasure has jack **** to do with the defenses themselves and more the peripheral fallout in numerous other areas that will come with them (as currently planned) and the compounded group effect of not one but numerous drastic overhauls, have spoke at length in private about my concerns so will not waste pagespace doing it again here, however i do not want to be trivialized as an ammaboss chicken little ***** how "hard it is to raid now" like they did for months as that is quite solidly not the problem.

at all.
Darwoth

Postby honeymilk » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:11 am

I like it, although I dont think the defensive siege cannon should make you unable to raid while under the effect of concussion. But maybe have an other effect to make the character less effective in the raid, temperately lower biles while also taking damage from the blast etc?
honeymilk
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:17 am

Frotted wrote:I want to see JC tell us all that he can afford to lose every solo player in the game... and w/o new cash shop purchases continue to provide timely (every 3 months) updates to the game.

ummm... I can afford to lose every solo player in the game. I'm not sure how that floats your boat or not. But it is certainly good to be back :). As stated at the release of the Expedition I planned to just let things 'play out' for a few months, play the game myself, take care of other issues, and generally just reflect on the 18 month blitz we had in beta. Coming out of the fog there was a lot to do, and a lot of uneasy-ness without our road map. However, the longer I meditate on it, the more that certain shortcomings seem clear to me. The fact that actively defending your base was not a "Fun" experience being one of them. If this patch was to address anything... it was that. Anyways. I intend to try to blitz changes for a bit again, rework the things I"M not happy with and hopefully deliver a little bit of content in all the corners of Salem so everybody, regardless of their thing has a new toy to play with etc.

Don't bother worrying yourself about the finances of the game :). As mentioned before Salem has generated enough positive cash flow since our purchase to run server costs for approx 5 years, give or take. The odds that we make it 5 years without some game-breaking bug that forces me to do a hard-reset, or build some boat for you all to sail away with your belongings to a new server is far more likely than us depleting cash resources.

That is not to say that store purchases are unwelcome. They directly contribute to buying more art, more help, and in the event we have a good month maybe even be able to outsource a major system. For example, if we were to have a month where the store did $30,000 for example, I can confidently say I would begin seriously exploring avenues to outsource the workload that it would be to allow players to control animals, spawn as animals, enter hte mind of animal, or simply let me and marp play as animals :). In fact, I'm quite positive I will put that in anyway simply so I can maul all of you as a bear... just when time and finances permit. So in conclusion, we appreciate your help but make no mistake that store purchases currently have 0% bearing on if we will or will not be here tomorrow.

honeymilk wrote:I like it, although I dont think the defensive siege cannon should make you unable to raid while under the effect of concussion. But maybe have an other effect to make the character less effective in the raid, temperately lower biles while also taking damage from the blast etc?

Concussions indeed lower raiding effectiveness for a few hours. Not completely eliminate your ability to do it.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Frotted » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:18 am

JC and Marp... have to accept that this game grows by word of mouth more than any other source.

So implementing something that effects a gross number...could have a very definite, ugly consequence.

As Marp said- you aren't afraid to push the envelope...that's great... just be certain of your push. Some mistakes can't be taken back.

Salem isn't the only Sandbox around... not anymore.
Frotted

Postby Judaism » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:20 am

But what is your concern Frotted, I can't seem to grasp it.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:22 am

Frotted wrote:a gross number...

Your face is a gross number.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements