Patch Note Warning: V1.1.4

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch Note Warning: V1.1.4

Postby Frotted » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:25 am

Reviresco wrote:I feel like once I spend a little money and get that "Customer" title I could probably take a **** in JC's driveway and he would just spray it out into the street with a garden hose and still not ban me.

If questioning the Devs was a bannable offense in this game... it wouldn't be growing... it'd be swirling the toilet.

But you are right to some degree- if he wants my money, and he obviously doesn't despise it... he can suffer a little questioning.

You might try it...
Frotted

Postby Kandarim » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:43 am

Frotted wrote:With Latikai client you can see pretty far... almost a Bell's distance across or more.

I hardly doubt it is limited by your client ;) I assume there is a server-side limitation.
I have a special version of my client which i once used to create a single screenshot of arcadia.

If you put this limit client side, JC, I shall be bombarding provi with anvils from the darkness.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Waffles72 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:02 am

In Conclusion,
Just about everything you can pick up in your base can now be loaded into a mortar and blasted at your aggressors. If you are going to go down with the ship anyway, might as well go out with a blast :). IN all serious, this is a small attempt of probably several to make 'conflict' in this game slightly more skill-based as well as a more 'active' competition that doesn't boil down to if the raiders have enough biles to get in, or not. Active defending will be at an all-time high after this in terms of value and aggressive attacking will be looked at shortly after to evaluate as well. The general consensus is that I do not mind if it is 'hard' or 'takes time' to raid and ruin somebodies day. I will instead be evaluating if there are small measures that can be taken to make the time spent doing that more 'fun'. I would argue the need to spend 12 hours to raid a base is far less of an 'issue' if those 12 hours are a fun system based more around skills and actions than sitting around drinking tea.

So does this mean that you can load a dead body intot he cannon and fire it at the wall?
Waffles72

Postby Darwoth » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:17 am

the ignorant masses of newbs rejoice at something shiny and new, the experienced veterans realize the entire dynamic of the game is now shifting the final notch and removing competitive play for solo's and small groups, which was already overwhelmingly out of balance to begin with to the point of being impossible for most based off of time constraints alone.

Darwoth

Postby AmmaBoss » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:38 am

This patch may very well be the end if salem for me
AmmaBoss

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:41 am

Perhaps the best thing about this patch is how Darwoth believes it will be the end of solo players and zergs will reign, while simultaneously Ammaboss is telling me that it will be the end for groups and solo players like Darwoth will dominate. I personally don't see it tipping power scales as much as just giving defenders some fun stuff to do. But we will see.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby AmmaBoss » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:48 am

JohnCarver wrote:Perhaps the best thing about this patch is how Darwoth believes it will be the end of solo players and zergs will reign, while simultaneously Ammaboss is telling me that it will be the end for groups and solo players like Darwoth will dominate. I personally don't see it tipping power scales as much as just giving defenders some fun stuff to do. But we will see.

it will be the end of raiding.
AmmaBoss

Postby Frotted » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:48 am

AmmaBoss wrote:This patch may very well be the end if salem for me

You won't be the only one.

Even as I build a new base- I planned it for animals eventually... but for a town x6-10 original size? Impossible and impractical. About to see the advent of groupies.

True death of solo and small groups. Serioiusly, Devs... have you taken stock of how many solo vs groups in the game? I seriously doubt it...

If every solo player quit tomorrow... you'd see your usage drop to 5-10%... that's my rough guess.

But you''ve already stated that you have all you need forever... but are you sure... 5-10% of population today... forever?

There are a **** ton of other games out now... not like it was before...run me off with your poorly considered mechanic... and I may not be back... I'll be giving my cash to someone else... and you'll have to make good on your promise that server can survive forever with constant updates and no new cash!

Remind us all how this game needs NO NEW CASH PURCHASES to get constant updates, etc.

NO?
Last edited by Frotted on Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frotted

Postby Darwoth » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:53 am

the difference is ammaboss is a retard that already thinks things are to "hard" and i have 20+ years of pvp experience at a competitive level in every game since legends of kesmai.
Darwoth

Postby Judaism » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:59 am

I am neutral about it, the new wall is a ***** but it was announced already when brick walls were implemented.

The new bashers probaly will be too much of an effort for myself personally for atleast several months, but I guess we will see indeed. I have always and always stated that the current raiding mechanics are close to impossible already, I coudn't even imagine how hard it would be for Darwoth for example. With just the new walls implemented alone, the difficulty is increased alot once again.

Very curious to see what exactly raiders will get in return of the increased difficulty. (Maybe new ways to kill people's mains or something, new scents, a daily/weekly/monthly upkeep for their lives, if not instant dead if they lack a homestead)

I like it alot that raiding will be more fun tho, time wise atleast. Currently it was just afk'ing and watching movies. I am curious how often we are going to see these defensive mechanics in play tho, it already is quite rare to see active defenders and I never even really bothered to pull off a raid while they were actively defending anyway due to "close to impossibility".
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements