Patch Note Warning: V1.1.4

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch Note Warning: V1.1.4

Postby MarpTarpton » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:24 am

In other words, we are sure of our push and appreciate your concerns. You are welcome to play in another's sandbox if you so wish as the result of a warning of a mechanic you haven't experienced. That of course speaks nothing to your character as a gamer and no one will think less of you.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby Frotted » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:27 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Frotted wrote:a gross number...

Your face is a gross number.

That I seemingly got your attention is a Christmas gift on its own; but I hardly need a Holiday for that.

You read my post..

Your community is your best Marketing group ever.... ***** us and we will not forget... nor fail to share it around.

it's that simple.
Frotted

Postby honeymilk » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:27 am

honeymilk wrote:I like it, although I dont think the defensive siege cannon should make you unable to raid while under the effect of concussion. But maybe have an other effect to make the character less effective in the raid, temperately lower biles while also taking damage from the blast etc?

Concussions indeed lower raiding effectiveness for a few hours. Not completely eliminate your ability to do it.

Fantastic, I mistook it as making you unable to raid for a few hours
Last edited by honeymilk on Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
honeymilk
Customer

Postby Frotted » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:28 am

MarpTarpton wrote:In other words, we are sure of our push and appreciate your concerns. You are welcome to play in another's sandbox if you so wish as the result of a warning of a mechanic you haven't experienced. That of course speaks nothing to your character as a gamer and no one will think less of you.

So civil... now that JC is on board and watching- maybe he should look back on your other reflections of my posts?
Frotted

Postby Taipion » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:29 am

I'd really love to have a hint on:
1.) the cost of the new walls as well as
2.) the cost of that new catapult thingy, and
3.) the range of that new catapult thingy
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby MarpTarpton » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:30 am

Frotted wrote:I have no idea about the power dynamic between the developers. Notice me senpai.

I don't know what you're talking about.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:31 am

Taipion wrote:I'd really love to have a hint on:

1) More Expensive than Brick... Still balancing some of the drops.
2) Long-Range Mortar currently 8 Blistersteel, a few nails and 16 oiled boards.
3) Range is currently about 90 tiles. But given you can only draw about 50 tiles on your client or so thats not really the mitigating factor.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Taipion » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:38 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Taipion wrote:I'd really love to have a hint on:

1) More Expensive than Brick... Still balancing some of the drops.
2) Long-Range Mortar currently 8 Blistersteel, a few nails and 16 oiled boards.
3) Range is currently about 90 tiles. But given you can only draw about 50 tiles on your client or so thats not really the mitigating factor.

Thanks!

Would be fun to have the mortar have more range and be usable at that range, too, so you have like jobs for 3 people operating a single mortar, that is: one or more reloading, one aiming/firering, one or more scouting, but i guess that would be not possible due to how the game works.

For defense, this means so far that you now have at least a chance at destroying a (small) donuted TbF/TbC without leaving scents, that is, if you can build a mortar close enough, which is easily mitigated by the attacking party, and therefore not applicable in any serious case.
That is quite sad, when I first read it, I somehow believed it would be a fix for that.

[edit:] Speaking of "expensive", I dare to say that plank is actually more expensive than brick, both by the cost of raw materials and by the time and work needed to produce them.
Last edited by Taipion on Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:40 am

Yeah indeed. It would be nice if it was an absolute fix. It does still force the attackers to make a far larger investment if they want to donut their trials though.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby MarpTarpton » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:41 am

Whelp, you sure showed me. :)
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements