Patch Note Warning: V1.1.4

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch Note Warning: V1.1.4

Postby Rele » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:59 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Meanwhile... On the Test server

Nice :lol: :lol:
Rele

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:08 pm

The brazier is the placeholder graphic for the "landing zone" of where the item is going to crash.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Heffernan » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:13 pm

JohnCarver wrote:The brazier is the placeholder graphic for the "landing zone" of where the item is going to crash.

nice, maybe as an idea you can somehow infect Meat Slabs or dead animals and throw them over the walls for a really small area of Effect of disease or anything else :)

(in ancient ages they threw dead cows over enemys castlles to have them die from diseases)
Heffernan

Postby Kandarim » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:32 pm

jamestown is getting rekt.

What about damage impact on the terrain itself ? i.e. the location where the object lands would lower a bit, while surrounding terrain goes higher, crater-like.
Although I suppose that would be too obviously allow exploitation in the form of cliff-making.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:37 pm

Heffernan wrote:nice, maybe as an idea you can somehow infect Meat Slabs or dead animals and throw them over the walls for a really small area of Effect of disease or anything else :)

(in ancient ages they threw dead cows over enemys castlles to have them die from diseases)

Yes...The people of popham... and maybe even providence... who knows if you guys will ever finish that ark or not. Will be able to launch animals out of a mortar provided they are sick. Said animal carcasses will disease all those around them.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby matan002 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:52 pm

Will the patch come out on christmas? :D
Lachlaan wrote:The motherbats await a spanking, for the sake of fields.
matan002

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:54 pm

Target is X-mas or sooner.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Heffernan » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:55 pm

matan002 wrote:Will the patch come out on christmas? :D

not quiety sure about yourself, but i guess the Developers have a life to attend to, i mean i wish they would login and party with us with free food and music, but i could totally understand if they partied at home.
Heffernan

Postby Reviresco » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:56 pm

Not to be too cynical, but are brick walls going to be nerfed at all to make people scramble for the new wall type?
Reviresco

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:57 pm

Reviresco wrote:Not to be too cynical, but are brick walls going to be nerfed at all to make people scramble for the new wall type?

Nah. The idea has always been that as you guys reach each milestone in powers of 2 I will launch a new wall. Brick walls released when people hit 640. Now that people on teh server are hitting 1280 its time for new wall. Wall after this one will be when there is a demographic above 2560.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements