Salem V1.1.3 & All through the house...

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Salem V1.1.3 & All through the house...

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:25 am

Greetings Salemites,
A few changes with tonights patch.

First we had a small overhaul to the way sleeping works:
Sleeping Overhaul
-----------------------------------------------------------
*Beds now cap the maximum amount of inspiration that can be gained in a single sleep session. Leafybeds generate no more than 100,000 Inspiration, Simple Beds generate 250K max and a Grand bed caps you at 500K. Tool tips have been added to the beds to reflect this.
*New Item Category: Pajamas
Pajamas speed up the speed in which you gather inspiration while sleeping. This will be displayed as "Sleep Bonus". The amount of sleep bonus is roughly equal to inspiration/sec. So if you are wearing .40 worth of Sleep bonus you are generating approx .40 inspiration a second more than if you were not wearing any pajamas. There is still a base rate to inspiration gain while sleeping even if not wearing pajamas.
*Players may now craft Reed Pajamas
*Players may now craft Feline Pajamas
*Players may now craft Quack Pajamas

Aggressive Insanity
As you have come to know and realize, everything you do I have seen coming. Nothing is unexpected, and all good ideas you have are ones I have already had and simply not implemented yet ¦] . So on that note. While I was vastly enjoying those of you who were killing each other with dead darkness creatures you have carted to far off lands, I have decided that in the end while the initial investment was fine the fact that some of you are storing these in obscure places and getting multiple uses out of them was a bit much. As such, Darkness monsters should no longer add to insanity if they are dead.

On this same token though it did get me thinking about the mechanics of aggressive insanity. As such, we decided to push a small item for y'all to abuse on each other while we watch with joy this holiday season.
*New Building: Crab on a spike.

What may or may not be the first tier in a handful of these types of structures the Crab on a Spike will add a small amount of insanity for all those around it. Meaning that YOU DO NOT want to build one of these in your base or even within viewing range of your base. You may want to build tons of them on the fringes of your base if you want to deter people from coming around too often... or maybe even use them as decoys to try to funnel the way in which people travel. Of course there is the offensive strategies that will circulate where I am sure many of you will simply surround your friends and foes with these forcing them to leave their gates to remove them or slowly go insane within their own walls. I leave all the shennanigans to you guys to figure out.

Minor Changes
*Squirrels now spawn significantly less.
*Bears now spawn 400% more on Animal Paths
*Deer now spawn 800% more on Animal paths.
*Giant Bats will call baby bats less often.
*Giant Bats hit points buffed
*Giant Bats swoop damage buffed.
*Number of Royal Jelly required to make a giant bat increased.
*Monogrammed pillow uses down to 2 from 3.
*monogrammed pillow now takes 2 seaisland cotton, up from 1.
*Fix'd a bug causing inaccurate amounts of Sugar and Spice to be gained doing various cooking related things.

Enjoy.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Re: Salem V1.1.3 & All through the house...

Postby MaxPlanck » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:34 am

Does a crab on a spike cause insanity gain overtime while being near them or does it add insanity once upon loading in the built item itself?

Should I be worried about walking up to someones base where 400 crab on spikes are bunched up and load almost all at once and cause a +3 to 5 madness spike of the sort?
Would be nice if the crab on spike worked like a brazier with a known range indicator and having insanity gain overtime in the circle.
(I haven't checked what they do yet)
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Taipion » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:26 am

1.) Are multiple "Crab on a spike" additive?
2.) Is the range "Viewing range" (=tile loaded?) or any fixed distance?
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:32 am

The exact mechanics on Crab on a Spike are most likely going to be left open for investigation. Primarily because I think it is funner that way.

I'm sure you guys can make 5 of them, and then make 10 of them... and see who gains insanity faster :).

Otherwise, a general rule of thumb is hanging around them is pretty much always bad.... So try not to just stay clear of them or rip them down if they are in/near your base.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby jcwilk » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:44 am

Will be interesting, hopefully the costs are high to build otherwise it seems a bit messed up that you could pclaim a boatload of them on the cheap.
JohnCarver wrote:This way no matter how bad my day gets, a text message that one of you died to madness always seems to brighten it.
jcwilk

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:48 am

Costs are low... But effects are VERY low as well.... more or less wanted to test the water to see how effective they are when abused.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Taipion » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:19 am

I assume Quack Pajamas are better than Feline Pajamas, right?
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:20 am

Indeed.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Hose » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:01 am

Could you post a pic of the quack pajama?
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Postby Bjebr » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:34 am

Hose wrote:Could you post a pic of the quack pajama?

I don't have enough ""materials"" to make the pant , but the shirt look like this.

Bjebr
Bjebr

Next

Return to Announcements